Jets Cuts To 53 (official thread )

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

pretty sure that already happened.

No doubt.  I honestly just never want to see him in a Jets uniform.  I can understand wanting to get paid as a top rusher but there was apparently an understood agreement that he knew he had to show up for them to even consider an extension.  If it's me, I would give him what he wants - a trade.  Get another piece for the offense and save some cash for the deadline.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, jbt said:

https://thejetpress.com/posts/ny-jets-53-man-roster-cut-tracker-2024-live-updates-analysis-01j656fa33q2

NY Jets Roster Cuts Tracker:

Position

Player

SAF

Al Blades Jr.

RB

Xazavian Valladay

DL

Jaylen Twyman

CB

Tre Swilling

SAF

Jaylen Key

WR

Brandon Smith

Was hoping Smith was going to make it as our 6th WR. Hope they can get him back on the PS. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't think Clemons roster spot is all that safe.

I thought that Taylor and McGregor would, but am a little surprised that Watts did.  I wondered initially because the Jets gave him such a large bonus to sign, but he really hasn't done much during preseason. I thought he could make it through waivers, but I guess the Jets didn't.  I hope that doesn't mean that Takk didn't make it.  Hopefully, it means that Clemons didn't make it.

Just now, JKlecko said:

I thought that Taylor and McGregor would, but am a little surprised that Watts did.  I wondered initially because the Jets gave him such a large bonus to sign, but he really hasn't done much during preseason. I thought he could make it through waivers, but I guess the Jets didn't.  I hope that doesn't mean that Takk didn't make it.  Hopefully, it means that Clemons didn't make it.

They reported takk made it too

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

They reported takk made it too

Zack Rosenblatt @ZackBlatt

Takk McKinley also made the Jets initial 53, as expected, per source. 

Jets loading up on defensive linemen.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

This is moronic.  For a swap of late picks?  If you cut him there are decent odds he lands outside the division.   Now watch him beat us and knock us out of the playoffs. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 2
  • Haha 3