Jets restructure Quincy Williams and Tyler Conkin contracts

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

Reddick is near the facility and they just restructured 2 contracts to free up 8 mil. My guess is Reddick is heading to Florham Park as we speak.

I hope he doesn’t struggle getting in like Jamal Adams did. With him on the mix that defense will be absolutist terrifying! 

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Would think the Reddick deal will be announced any minute now after this. Will most likely front loaded 

Jets made it clear they will not negotiate with terrorists If they do it makes them look bad for not getting this deal done sooner and they have egg all over their faces. Let him Rot until he reports. He's not a Jet, he's never played for the Jets, and the only way I would have taken his side in this was if he played for us and was actually doing positive things as a Jet. ROT

• Upvote 3

Jets rework two starters' contracts as Haason Reddick continues stand-off (msn.com)

The New York Jets created $8 million in salary cap space by reworking the contracts of two veteran starters.

Tight end Tyler Conklin and linebacker Quincy Williams are the restructured parties according to ESPN's Field Yates. Conklin is in the final year of a three-year contact worth $20.25 million. Williams signed a three-year, $18 million extension prior to the 2023 campaign.

Couple that with this:

IMG_0729.jpeg

And JD has freed up almost 10 million in CAP space.

42 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Hmm…it sounds like they’re getting money for reddick but maybe they’re trading him to the raiders for adams.

That would be a dream scenario but the Raiders really don't need him.

• Upvote 2

Hopefully this ends up with Reddick reporting. Regardless of how the contract situation is concluded, it is important for the team to sperate football from business and I am hopeful that Reddick comes to play with the goal of proving that regardless of the amount he ends up getting paid he is more than worth it.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Hmm…it sounds like they’re getting money for reddick but maybe they’re trading him to the raiders for adams.

Raiders aren’t trading  for Reddick they have to pay their soon to be free agent de  Malcolm Koonce. ( 26 years old)He’s going to have monster year, and going to cost them a lot to re-sign.    They have too much money tied up in the De position .   maxx Crosby , M Koonce going to get big bucks, Tyree Wilson  and Janarius Robinson ( not making squat) .   Zero interest taking on that contract .( they have key free agents they need to re-sign - 37 million they are sitting on.  Not to mention the money they have to eat trading D Adams. ( will eat a lot of that cap space)   .

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Frankie Porterhouse says it's happening!

I saw that, I don't believe its legit though.

If it turned out to be true, it would be a pretty interesting development if Reddick really does meet with JD, without his agent.

31 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

Does that mean something is brewing? It certainly seems like it from my perspective.

All teams are doing this.

CAP COMPLIANCE, END OF RULE OF 51 – At 12:00 a.m. on the Thursday, September 5th this year, the Rule of 51 expires and teams must have all players – 53-man roster, IR, PUP, PS – fit under the Cap. So, from that point forward, the team would have to count the 53 players on the active roster + anyone that starts the season on IR/PUP + 16 PS players under the Cap. This means that a minimum of 69 players will count against the Cap as of the beginning of the season.

• Sympathy 1