Dak Prescott Gets Huge Extension

3 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Wow... Doesn't deserve to be the highest paid player IMO but they had no choice.

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

You think no choice?

I mean a guy that gets knocked out to the first round of the playoffs every year.  This is the guy you want to commit $60mm a year?  Just means your team is in purgatory for the next 4 years.

I think considering starting over at QB must have been an option.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

You think no choice?
I mean a guy that gets knocked out to the first round of the playoffs every year.  This is the guy you want to commit $60mm a year?  Just means your team is in purgatory for the next 4 years.
Dude I agree with you... He isn't worth it but Jerry isn't starting a rookie with that roster. I'm not sure what other better option he had.

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You think no choice?

“Starting over at QB” as if that’s such a simple plan. If you have a QB good enough to get you to the playoffs, he’s worth it. Not every QB is Mahommes or Brady. 

• Sympathy 2

17 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Dude I agree with you... He isn't worth it but Jerry isn't starting a rookie with that roster. I'm not sure what other better option he had.

Yeah, I get it.  Tough spot.  When you have exceptional talent you often have to overpay for key pieces in that small window :-)

With that said GW, Breece and Hall - if we made them the top paid at their respective position - as of right now would total $74 ish...Giving a Mediocre QB that kind of money is tough.  

• Sympathy 1