SAM DARNOLD isn't on the Jets anymore discussion

13 minutes ago, extmenace said:

I was with you. Could have gotten an insane haul for that pick I’d imagine. The team wasn’t ready to bring in a rookie qb to throw right into the starting role. The team needed to be built up.

I don't have problem with taking the quarterback if you believe he's the guy.  You don't get the chance very often to grab one.  The problem was he wasn't the guy.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

If that podium had another 10 spots, Zach still isn't on it...

True but there are levels of victory laps.  Darnold defenders are celebrating today about as much as Zach defenders celebrated Zach making the Denver 53-man roster.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

I've always been a darbold defender, his talent is there just circumstances have destroyed him. Jets were terrible, coaching sucks, his teams but when healthy and decently coached he performs decently.

Good to seem him have some more success, last time I think I saw him go like 4-2 or whatever it was. This highlight of relevant stats are pretty good.

The thing is tho like 150 yards...that not going to cut it in the NFL. He just got a raw deal and people acted like he was the main issue, when he was not and he was decent.

Screenshot_20240908-172503.png

• Sympathy 3

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

All the people who think the Jets should have kept Darnold absolutely forget how bad he was in Carolina immediately after getting traded away. I don't have any problems with him but he wasn't a good QB and one good game against an awful team years later doesn't change that.

But he did beat the Jets/Zach Wilson in his first game there. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

All the people who think the Jets should have kept Darnold absolutely forget how bad he was in Carolina immediately after getting traded away. I don't have any problems with him but he wasn't a good QB and one good game against an awful team years later doesn't change that.

Matt Ruyle had alot of half baked ideas on how to run an NFL Offense. Carolina sent both guys packing. Ruyle was never heard from again. Darnold hung around the NFL and survived to hook up Kevin O'Connell. O'Connell comes with a credible Offensive Background. Now Sam has a full season to round in to shape with someone who knows what he is doing. Sam has both the ability and enough practical experience to pick up O'Connell's scheme fast.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, bicketybam said:

The Giants under is a lock. I said that all off-season. They are awful. Their QB is awful and their coach shot his load on year 1. 

Exactly. The Giants stink. Darnold is decent enough but this game was much more of a representation of how bad the G-men are than how good Darnold is on the Vikes. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

4 years and 3 teams later and there are still people in the “WE SHOULDA KEPT DAHNULD” camp.  JetNation, everyone!

You were one of the biggest sam haters...can't you give it a break and just be happy for the kid finding some success after years of crappy situations and teams?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

At least we are rid of our Zach Wilson problem.  CAR is still in the throes of it's Bryce Young problem.  I bet they would love Darnold back right about now.

3 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Don't worry about it, I have been told on this very board that a QB cannot get better with experience, you either have a goodz brainz or you have da bad brainz, brainz can't get goodz when they are badz. And the experts on this board know what they are talking about. So Sam is gonna revert back to bad brainz soon

and most likely he will revert back to being bad in a few weeks if not sooner.

the Geno Smiths of the world are few and far between. besides everybody needs to take today with a grain of salt before they start doing Sam Darnold victory laps. the Giants are a bad team who most likely will lose 10 or more games.

The story of 2024 is that Darnold has the tools to be a decent QB with a very structured offense, good coaching and good weapons.  

If he goes to a team without a good coach, or gets paid so much that they can’t afford weapons, he will stink again.   In some respects you can put Brock Purdy and Sam Darnold in similar categories. 

If I was running a football team, I would look for a QB like Darnold and then invest in a decent backup.  What happens to a team with a $50mm QB that gets hurt.   This is a team sport. 

15 hours ago, kmnj said:

Many fans me included wanted joe to keep Sam and trade the Wilson pick

joe knows sh*t about qbs 

All they had to do was keep Darnold and give him five more years.  What a blunder.

• Haha 2

All they had to do was keep Darnold and give him five more years.  What a blunder.
We'll see .. Darnold is on a very good team ... Well .. they have some weapons ... If JJ comes back and Darnold is playing lights out ... Things will get interesting ...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

The negotiating dynamic is hard there.  Even someone like Blake Bortles got paid decently as a high draft pick who was being extended by his original team.  It is hard for those teams to keep the high drafted QB at the same or less than his rookie deal.  

Unfortunately, when these guys are let go they can be signed cheap.  Almost always they continue to flop.   In the Geno and now maybe Darnold scenario, they can extend for decent money. 

Who knows if Darnold can even stay on the Vikings with their drafting JJM.   Maybe the Jets can get him back when AR8 moves on.   AR8 will become too expensive.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, varjet said:

If he goes to a team without a good coach, or gets paid so much that they can’t afford weapons, he will stink again.   In some respects you can put Brock Purdy and Sam Darnold in similar categories. 

lol what are we talking about anymore?  HE SUCKED IN SAN FRANCISCO and they let him go.  He had everything he needed there and still sucked, just like he will suck in Minnesota.

Every year with this sh*t, lol.  He has a couple good games or so and suddenly people think you can win playoff game(s) with Sam Darnold, lmao.  Then he goes back to sucking and people forget these threads even exist.

14 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

Sam is without question a better QB than Wilson is and the Jets burned a first round pick on him-the Jets would have been  a MUCH better team keeping Sam and trading the pick for a haul-Joe missed badly on that move(many said dont draft Wilson ) 

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol what are we talking about anymore?  HE SUCKED IN SAN FRANCISCO and they let him go.  He had everything he needed there and still sucked, just like he will suck in Minnesota.

Every year with this sh*t, lol.  He has a couple good games or so and suddenly people think you can win playoff game(s) with Sam Darnold, lmao.  Then he goes back to sucking and people forget these threads even exist.

simple question

who is better Sam or Wilson?

The jets invested a top pick to get Wilson and got worse production out of him

Is Sam an elite QB no he is not is he MUCH better than Zach yes he is -was it a mistake Drafting Zach YES IT WAS