OL Still Sucks. JD has failed again

On 9/10/2024 at 7:13 AM, More Cowbell said:

The SF D was in the Jets backfield the entire game. Our OL was consistently getting pushed backwards and couldn't  get Breece any holes to run through.  Every time he got tackled, it sounded like an explosion. 

JD said job one was to fix the OL when he got here. What is this, year 5 now and it still sucks? 

I completely disagree with this.  The OL did fine - They allowed 5 pressures in 22 attempts or something like that and Rodgers was knocked down twice in their first live action.  Beyond that, it really doesn't matter how we see the OL, it matters how Rodgers thought he OL did.  Watch the McAfee/Rodgers spot yesterday - Aaron is happy with the line.

2 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

I completely disagree with this.  The OL did fine - They allowed 5 pressures in 22 attempts or something like that and Rodgers was knocked down twice in their first live action.  Beyond that, it really doesn't matter how we see the OL, it matters how Rodgers thought he OL did.  Watch the McAfee/Rodgers spot yesterday - Aaron is happy with the line.

What that means is Rodgers gets rid of the ball before the rush comes and he knows how to roll and side step pressure. I give Rodgers all the credit for what you wrote. Rodgers had to operate in a tight pocket and didn't  have time to hold the ball except on the one free play where the rush stopped for a split second giving him that time. I don't  know what the average time was from when Rodgers took the snap and threw it, but I would think it was pretty close to the fastest time in the league. That helps the OL immensely when they don't have  to hold blocks that long. The thing is, everyone here is making the same argument.  Oh look at the pass protection. The problem with Jets fans is they have been watching an abomination at QB for the past 4 years. Now we have a competent QB that feels pressure and doesn't  bail on the pocket, knows to step up and make a pass, not run to the right and try to make a hero play. 

Oh, btw, the run blocking was abysmal, but let's keep talking about pass protection. 

• Post of the Week 1

On 9/10/2024 at 11:03 AM, bitonti said:

Yeah dude and he only hit 13

Too many 3 and outs 

Meanwhile Sam Darnold started 10 for 10 against the NYG 

Yes there were times Aaron looked vintage there were also times when he looks super old 

What a flat out stupid analogy.  Giants defense is suck city.  Let's see Darnold vs SFO defense.  How bout comparing apples to apples for a change?  

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Dcat said:

What a flat out stupid analogy.  Giants defense is suck city.  Let's see Darnold vs SFO defense.  How bout comparing apples to apples for a change?  

i like how people say "but the SFO are a super bowl caliber team" meanwhile these are exactly the types of teams a legit contender has to if not beat keep it respectable 

no they don't have to beat SFO but at least look competent. the Jets got blown out like 20 points down and put in Tyrod Taylor 

It's not that Darnold is so awesome it's that they had this decent option on the roster and instead traded him missed on Sewell/Chase/Parsons for Zach, mortgaged everything for Aaron Rodgers etc. And here we are

just a snowball one bad decision after another. now they are all in and show up to the season opener on national TV for 1 drive.

Yay. 

• Post of the Week 3

44 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  know what the average time was from when Rodgers took the snap and threw it, but I would think it was pretty close to the fastest time in the league.

yes the fastest in the league something like sub 2.5 seconds

the pass protection was something like 19th out of 32 which isn't amazing but they were 31 last year so

the run blocking is tough to judge when Hackett is calling the world's worst plays  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

i like how people say "but the SFO are a super bowl caliber team" meanwhile these are exactly the types of teams a legit contender has to if not beat keep it respectable 

no they don't have to beat SFO but at least look competent. the Jets got blown out like 20 points down and put in Tyrod Taylor 

It's not that Darnold is so awesome it's that they had this decent option on the roster and instead traded him missed on Sewell/Chase/Parsons for Zach, mortgaged everything for Aaron Rodgers etc. And here we are

just a snowball one bad decision after another. now they are all in and show up to the season opener on national TV for 1 drive.

Yay. 

The only thing agreed upon is they mortgaged cap for the next 4-5 years for only 2, perhaps 3 of Rogers.  It all depends on his play (plus Saleh figuring out the defense).  

This is why we all know your posts suck and carry zero weight: You keep harping on last years' first drive Rodgers' injury which had nothing to do with age. You pretend that it does and then rely on the false pretense for your age argument.  That 'logic' is pure excrement. You've done this now for over a year.  Just stop.  It makes no sense and is flat out... sorry...  stupid.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

What that means is Rodgers gets rid of the ball before the rush comes and he knows how to roll and side step pressure. I give Rodgers all the credit for what you wrote. Rodgers had to operate in a tight pocket and didn't  have time to hold the ball except on the one free play where the rush stopped for a split second giving him that time. I don't  know what the average time was from when Rodgers took the snap and threw it, but I would think it was pretty close to the fastest time in the league. That helps the OL immensely when they don't have  to hold blocks that long. The thing is, everyone here is making the same argument.  Oh look at the pass protection. The problem with Jets fans is they have been watching an abomination at QB for the past 4 years. Now we have a competent QB that feels pressure and doesn't  bail on the pocket, knows to step up and make a pass, not run to the right and try to make a hero play. 

Oh, btw, the run blocking was abysmal, but let's keep talking about pass protection. 

Pretty much everything was abysmal.  We weren't ready to play and got completely outclassed. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Dcat said:

The only thing agreed upon is they mortgaged cap for the next 4-5 years for only 2, perhaps 3 of Rogers.  It all depends on his play (plus Saleh figuring out the defense).  

what about the 2 2nds? this team can't use an Edgerrin Cooper LB or a Jayden Reed WR?? 

Just now, Dcat said:

This is why we all know your posts suck: You keep harping on last years' first drive Roodgers injury which had nothing to do with age. You've done this now for over a year.  Just stop.  It makes no sense and is flat out... sorry...  stupid.

My posts are real and for more on that read my signature - you are what your record says you are - the Jets do not look like a team about to go on a ten game win streak but hey you do you  

• Upvote 2

Just now, bitonti said:

what about the 2 2nds? this team can't use an Edgerrin Cooper LB or a Jayden Reed WR?? 

My posts are real and for more on that read my signature - you are what your record says you are - the Jets do not look like a team about to go on a ten game win streak but hey you do you  

this ignores every single thing I said in my post. Respond to what I said or just don't bother replying.  pathetic 

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

pass protection was elite at least 

Not a bad start, especially considering that the 49ers are the best defense/pass rush this unit will see all year. Maybe the Steelers can bring similar heat like SF can this year

I thought rodgers handled the pocket nicely, stepping up multiple times , quick releases , and safety valve dumps. its hard for an OL to look terrible with that guy. imo they worked well together except for AVT missing that sweet stunt..

now at WR we have issues!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Agree with you on run blocking.  Dogsh*t for sure.

On 9/10/2024 at 6:13 AM, More Cowbell said:

The SF D was in the Jets backfield the entire game. Our OL was consistently getting pushed backwards and couldn't  get Breece any holes to run through.  Every time he got tackled, it sounded like an explosion. 

JD said job one was to fix the OL when he got here. What is this, year 5 now and it still sucks? 

It takes time for an OL with 4 new players to Gel sometimes up to 4 + games . While they played poorly monday night I fully expact them to play better each week along with the team as a whole. Sometimes teams take a half a season to really get things going and hopefully we can go into the second half of the season working everything out. If we go 5-3 or even 6-2 heading into the second half of the season thats when you want to see the team really coming together.

On 9/10/2024 at 7:59 AM, extmenace said:

I was disappointed as anyone but it’s week 1 and the team came out sloppy. The line play will get better as the weeks go on assuming we can stay healthy. We have talent on the line. 

Garrett Wilson had a bad game. He was a bit off last night. The Lazard dropped 3rd down pass and the breece fumble hurt us early. Even though we couldn’t get much going on offense, I saw flashes and have some confidence in this offense moving forward. The real issue here is the defensive front / run defense. Was that just a defense that got completely out coached by one of the best coaching staffs in the league or do we have a serious run defense problem?

"I saw flashes and have some confidence in this offense moving forward."

Flashes, I'm sick to death of flashes.  Anyone who thinks the OL was not getting dominated has been drinking way too much cool-aide.  Talent, coaching, who knows.  I'm just fed up with the fake observations expressed in this thread.    

On 9/10/2024 at 10:41 AM, The Crusher said:

Pass blocking was adequate. Run blocking? Was awful. I’d say defense was a bigger disappointment because of expectations built over last couple of seasons but the O line could not move San Fran off the ball at all! 

Chicken and egg....if the O is clicking the D can catch it's breath.  It was a team loss based mostly on coaching.  The relatively normal drops, a fumble and a fluke int were more than we could handle under the circumstances.

I wish we had kept Coddington!   One of these other guys had to be more expendible.  

I guess they forgot about that one play when Rodgers got pressured.  Should have them no higher than 31st.
We should have played the Giants or the Panthers Week 1. Based on what I've read above about how great Darnold and Carr looked.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, Leftylarry said:

Wisconsin is playing Alabama today , there are probably 7-8 OL prospects online to be seen play against each others tens today.

So far 14 teams sent scouts to watch them and a lot of other NFL prospects, Jets are not here, guess it was too much work to send a scout.

We have our OTs of the future with Olu and Warren

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

It takes time for an OL with 4 new players to Gel sometimes up to 4 + games . While they played poorly monday night I fully expact them to play better each week along with the team as a whole. Sometimes teams take a half a season to really get things going and hopefully we can go into the second half of the season working everything out. If we go 5-3 or even 6-2 heading into the second half of the season thats when you want to see the team really coming together.

How did they play poorly?  I get that hall only averaged 3.5 ypc but he didn’t exactly look like a young Barry Sanders.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

How did they play poorly?  I get that hall only averaged 3.5 ypc but he didn’t exactly look like a young Barry Sanders.  

Hall never had a chance ..Every yard he got was basically on his own. Did you see the holes San Fran was opening up in their running game ? Hall looked like he's always looked he just had no holes to run through and the OL did him no favors