6 man o-line

Larz

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Becht was too

Well yeah, after they eventually learned throwing him the ball was a bad idea if you expected it to be caught. He was a good blocker, though. 

Every time it looked like they were thinking about it, I could just hear Robert Loggia in my head yelling, "Don't throw it to Stonehands!!"

• Haha 1

Do we not all recall repeatedly hearing "Robert Turner reports as eligible" for years?  This is in no way a brand new, innovative idea in the NFL.

Like most things in this league, it's one of the moves that is celebrated as brilliant when successful and opined as an "obviously" stupid move when it fails, called out as teams showing their hand on run plays or limiting their options on pass plays.

We've had those exact points come up on numerous occasions in recent seasons when the Jets have kept more guys in to help out their porous OL, whether that be a 6th OL or the backup TEs of Uzomah or Ruckert both of whom were/are useless as receivers.  It's certainly still worth using on the right occasions, but not some secret unknown formula for guaranteed success.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Does anyone really believe that Hackett is sitting down somewhere thinking of ways to be creative?

also.....

This is exactly why the "Rodgers runs the offense" idea is not sustainable. You actually do need an OC that can propose adjustable game plans with a set philosophy.

I think Hackett spends a lot of time being creative. In fact, I think he spends most of his time working on creative ways to stick his head up his own arse.

• Upvote 1