Aaron Rodgers - 2nd half brilliance

Jdeet

Not sure what you guys are talking about.  Rogers was excellent after the first 3 drives of the game (and those were largely not his fault either).  The difference between last year and this year is so enormous from a football sense, I dont really know what to say.

He is able to play quick, and he is also able to play slow (this is such a luxury for a team and is what allowed us to get back in the game).  The only thing that he doesnt have anymore is the elite escape and dual threat ability like he used too, but I mean thats fine, he is one of the best pocket passers of all time.

If Rogers has one historic weakness, is that he can hold the ball a bit too long when he’s playing slow and take sacks, which he did.  But that weakness evens out over time b/c it does open up some huge play potential as well.  

He is the least of our problems, and frankly a bright spot on the team.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yes. That's how statistical analysis works in the real world. No context or change of circumstances. The Universe remains in a steady state.

Was the number correct as of tonight? It was, and it was meant to express how little I was impressed by the stats in the post I was quoting.

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Was the number correct as of tonight? It was, and it was meant to express how little I was impressed by the stats in the post I was quoting.

To quote someone else in another thread... "I'm on pace to have sex 365 times over the next year starting today". 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Pac said:

You can't ask for more than getting the dub while building continuity.  It's his 2nd game in almost 2 years. 

The Revenge Tour was always going to be a cessna at the start that will be an F16 by Christmas. 

Was never going to break the sound barrier out of the gates. 

Haters need to recognize. 

Do you really thing there are haters here and not just guys being sarcastic?  AR8 warts and all the is best QB we've had since forever.  Once he decided to take over the play calling audible wise the O began to click.  Our OC when left to his own devices is the real problem.  Run run pass, run run pass, etc.  

Will Levis’ Zach Wilson impression and Aaron’s touch passes bailed out coach Bobby
Would like to see them actually throw on 1st down instead of running up the gut for nothing, and take some deep shots on early downs…
Aaron looked a bit hesitant at times to push it downfield even when he had time
Garrett had a beautiful catch off the double move on 3rd down, but also failed to adjust to some slightly inaccurate throws which he should have still caught 
Sauce got beat clean by Ridley multiple times
Could gave easily been 2 long TDs by Cal.  Ball went right through his hands.

Second half was mostly throwing the ball on first down. You’re using a strong man argument by stating a false premise and then tearing it apart.

The reality is, we have a top 10 offense and have scored more tds that’s 2/3 the league after two games.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

14 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Brilliance is a bit strong, but what they did get - what they didn't have in recent years - is that on their last scoring drive in the 4th they scored a TD to go up by 7 instead of just 3. 

When teams are on 4-down possessions (i.e. a team trailing, on its final 4th quarter possession), as long as they have adequate time on the clock it's not that hard to get into FG range to tie it up. Titans were able to do that, but 3 wouldn't have done them any good.

Going up by 7, in what was likely to be the team's final possession, was huge (not to mention very un-Jets-like). Ugly AF that it might've gotten unraveled by yet another would-be delay of game, but credit to them, from 2nd & 16 they moved the chains to set up Allen's game-winning TD run.

Know what wasn't brilliant? Throwing it so far downfield on 3rd & 2 unless Lazard was standing all by himself wide open by 8 yards. 

good points but the throw to lazard was a good try.  rodgers seemed to be rushed a bit and lazard has been catching the balls of late.  the point about scoring a td on the last possession is right.  i thought they were going to run the clock down and then kick a fg.  the run by allen was a little surprise but a good one..  the titans did manage to get into the red zone on their final drive.  some better qb pay might've tied the game,

but it also looked like the jets adjusted at half time.  rodgers was hitting better throws and the run game picked up.  as did the defense.

51 minutes ago, rangerous said:

good points but the throw to lazard was a good try.  rodgers seemed to be rushed a bit and lazard has been catching the balls of late.  the point about scoring a td on the last possession is right.  i thought they were going to run the clock down and then kick a fg.  the run by allen was a little surprise but a good one..  the titans did manage to get into the red zone on their final drive.  some better qb pay might've tied the game,

but it also looked like the jets adjusted at half time.  rodgers was hitting better throws and the run game picked up.  as did the defense.

It's a much lower percentage attempt than a dumpoff that carries closer to a 75% catch rate.

Like anybody, I'd take it IF it had hit in hindsight, but too many things had to go right.

It's a pass I'm ok with trying if they're going for it on 4th; if they're punting if unsuccessful - which they know before calling the play, presumably - then I don't like the call. 

14 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It's a much lower percentage attempt than a dumpoff that carries closer to a 75% catch rate.

Like anybody, I'd take it IF it had hit in hindsight, but too many things had to go right.

It's a pass I'm ok with trying if they're going for it on 4th; if they're punting if unsuccessful - which they know before calling the play, presumably - then I don't like the call. 

okay.  i think i'd like to see a couple of deep passes each game.  sure the shorter passes are higher percentage and move the chains but i remember when the jets (with obrien) would seem to always go deep on the first play after a turnover.  plus i think there is some commentary about the jets not throwing to the middle of the field.

14 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Those 80/20 ball’s haven’t added up to 350 passing yards in two games. We’re watching end of the line Aaron Rodgers here barely getting by.

Unfortunately we can’t all root for a Daniel Jones led team. So at least you have that. 

• Haha 2