**** OFFICIAL JETS v PATS THURSDAY NIGHT GAME THREAD ****

Pac

49 minutes ago, Biggs said:

They do stink.  Why would you pretend otherwise.  Everyone on this board had this game as a W.   

They have played pretty well the first 2 games though. Beat Cincy and lost to Seattle in OT. Maybe they aren't as bad as everyone thought. 

• Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, Biggs said:

They do stink.  Why would you pretend otherwise.  Everyone on this board had this game as a W.   

Preseason expectations aren't relevant. 

The Pats beat the Bengals and went to OT with Seattle. There is no evidence they "stink" - only preconceived notions. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

Preseason expectations aren't relevant. 

The Pats beat the Bengals and went to OT with Seattle. There is no evidence they "stink" - only preconceived notions. 

They don't have a relevant NFL passing game.  They're banged up.  They have a roster in need of a big rebuild.  4 win team.  They need 2 years to rebuild the roster.

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

They don't have a relevant NFL passing game.  They're banged up.  They have a roster in need of a big rebuild.  4 win team.  They need 2 years to rebuild the roster.

I could see you being right, but I'll withhold judgement. 

They have played well, thus far. 

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

They have also played better than expectations in the first 2 games and have run the ball very well, nearly 200 yards last game. Guess what the Jets biggest weakness is? This is not going to be an easy game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

They are also played better than expectations in the first 2 games and have run the ball very well, nearly 200 yards last game. Guess what the Jets biggest weakness is? This is not going to be an easy game. 

They're missing they're starting LT & LG and possibly another OL for this game.

Have they beat expectations the first 2 weeks yes, however the first few weeks of the nfl season are always flukey and you cannot tell how good or bad teams are 

1 minute ago, bgivs21 said:

They're missing they're starting LT & LG and possibly another OL for this game.

Have they beat expectations the first 2 weeks yes, however the first few weeks of the nfl season are always flukey and you cannot tell how good or bad teams are 

And the Jets will be missing JJ, Mosley, and Reed. The Pats have also played pretty well on defense too. I expect the Jets to win but I highly doubt this is going to be easy. Vegas agrees with the 6.5 spread at home. 

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

And the Jets will be missing JJ, Mosley, and Reed. The Pats have also played pretty well on defense too. I expect the Jets to win but I highly doubt this is going to be easy. Vegas agrees with the 6.5 spread at home. 

Reed and Mosley are officially out? Thought they were questionable/gametime decisions. 

I figured Mosley would be out but was hoping Reed could play. 

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Except we have good backups for all those players. sh*t Sherwood might be better than Mosley at this point. 

It's a lot harder to roll with backup on the OL than it is anywhere else except qb. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, bgivs21 said:

Except we have good backups for all those players. sh*t Sherwood might be better than Mosley at this point. 

It's a lot harder to roll with backup on the OL than it is anywhere else except qb. 

Yes, the Jets have the advantage because they have better depth. I still don't think this is going to be a cakewalk. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Reed and Mosley are officially out? Thought they were questionable/gametime decisions. 

I figured Mosley would be out but was hoping Reed could play. 

I'd rather see Reed take this week off and fully heal up. The Patriots passing game on the outside has been pretty much non-existent. Echols should be fine for this game.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

I'd rather see Reed take this week off and fully heal up. The Patriots passing game on the outside has been pretty much non-existent. 

True. 

I just figured the toe injury would linger for Mosley. Those are always tricky. 

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'd rather see Reed take this week off and fully heal up. The Patriots passing game on the outside has been pretty much non-existent. Echols should be fine for this game.

I agree with this. The Pats have had like 200 yards passing through two weeks, let Reed get healthy for when we need him. We need to play sound football, because the Pats never implode.

36 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

They have played pretty well the first 2 games though. Beat Cincy and lost to Seattle in OT. Maybe they aren't as bad as everyone thought. 

Dont make sense around here.  Jet fans want 2 options tonight:

Lose and be miserable

Win and be miserable

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Dont make sense around here.  Jet fans want 2 options tonight:

Lose and be miserable

Win and be miserable

Jets Fans want to see a Super Bowl contender Jets handle a possible top-5 pick in the next Draft rebuilding franchise in our own house.

You have a problem with that?

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Jets Fans want to see a Super Bowl contender Jets handle a possible top-5 pick in the next Draft rebuilding franchise in our own house.

You have a problem with that?

Super Bowl contenders show themselves in December. Right now we want to a) win games b) stay healthy c) steadily improve 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

The Jets need to play heavy on defense, The pats used a 6th OL on roughly 20% of the plays this year, and primarily run 12 personnel. Make them try to beat you with their WR. No need to play nickel tonight.

Hopefully the Jets can score early and force the Pats to throw.

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Brissett is actually a good quarterback.  Stevenson can run the ball and Gibson is a very good receiver for a running back.  They don’t have a lot of talent but those 3 can keep them in games

51 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yes, the Jets have the advantage because they have better depth. I still don't think this is going to be a cakewalk. 

I agree with you we can't take any team for granted . . . it would probably be a good idea for us not to take any team for granted this whole season because of how poorly we've done the past couple of years. I also agree the Pats have a decent running game and we've had a hard time shutting down the run (at least so far this season).

My hope is AR along with the combo of Hall and Allen will put enough points on the board for us to win and make us 2-1 . . . giving us a winning record . . . even if its only 3 games into the season its a rare thing for us!

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Reed should play, if for some reason he can't Echols is more than capable.

Mosely may play, if not Sherwood can more than fill in, as he showed last week.

If McDonald can keep up his production, the impact of the loss of JJ should be minimal.

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Vegas is begging people to take NE at +6.5... Jets are going to blow them out. 

Huge favorites, home opener, division opponent, this could be "Saleh's last stand".    If they embarrass themselves yet again on national TV I could see Woody firing Saleh tomorrow with the long week to prepare for the next game.   Only thing that could save Saleh is not having anyone capable of taking over on the current staff.   

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1