Lead Up To Jets/Vikings Game (10/6/2024)

TuscanyTile2

Ok so we lost. Is it really so big a surprise. Anyways all AFC teams lose week 4 if Fins comply as expected and lose tonight. Look the game we lost yesterday is not so unusual even for winning teams. How many games did you see FG kickers save teams not playing well. I can't tell you how many times NEP won games late they have been dysfunctional in. But the difference is they won those games. And to have a good season you have to win them. 

• WTF? 1

You are all concerned.  Do you think the league is not going to want one of their stars not in the playoffs? As long as AROD is upright and can be propped up behind center, The Jets will be in the playoffs. Lets see where they are after week 17. They will be the division winner or 6th or 7th seed. He puts butts in the seats and eyeballs on the TV. Love him or hate him.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Look at the way the line is set.  Thats all u need to know.  At -2.5, im sure the joes are hammering the vikes.

Just like last week the joes hammered the bills at +3

Relax jet fans.  This is a win for the jets.  Vegas knows the vikes stinker is upcoming.

Can't wait til the line moves to -3.5 Vikings after everyone in America bets them. #value 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Look at the way the line is set.  Thats all u need to know.  At -2.5, im sure the joes are hammering the vikes.

Just like last week the joes hammered the bills at +3

Relax jet fans.  This is a win for the jets.  Vegas knows the vikes stinker is upcoming.

The NFL’s ebb and flow of highs and lows supports this position.

The coaching mismatch between Saleh and Hackett versus KOC and Flores does not…

12 hours ago, August said:

We’re going to lose. They destroyed the 49ers, the 49ers destroyed us. I understand matchups and everything but nothing the Jets have shown me so far this season makes me feel confident. 

By that logic - the Raiders would beat the Bills if they were playing this week? ;-)  

• Upvote 1

My fellow Jets fans, I've got good news or bad news, I guess it's all about perspective but this upcoming game and the absolute ass whipping the Vikings are about to put on the NY Jets will be the final nail in this regime's coffin.

The optics are going to be awful.  JD made the horrible decision to get rid of Sam Darnold for a lesser prospect w/ all the same flaws but much much worse than Sam Darnold.  If the MVP was given out after the first quarter of the season, it goes to Sam.  Meanwhile, Justin Fields is balling out of control and more than likely going to lead the Steelers to the Super Bowl to play the Sam Darnold led Vikings.

JD's decision not to get a kings ransom to build around Sam Darnold, was an obviously bad decision in the moment and that decision was made even worse when he decided to draft Zach Wilson for literally, no good reason.  He was an awful prospect that was obviously going to bust.  Then the decision to draft Wilson over Fields after trading Sam Darnold and JD is looking like an absolute moron.  He's about to get his pants pulled down to his ankles because his hand selected HC sucks and is about get completely embarrassed again in back to back weeks w/ QB's who they discarded for a 40 year old hallucinogenic addict. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

My fellow Jets fans, I've got good news or bad news, I guess it's all about perspective but this upcoming game and the absolute ass whipping the Vikings are about to put on the NY Jets will be the final nail in this regime's coffin.

The optics are going to be awful.  JD made the horrible decision to get rid of Sam Darnold for a lesser prospect w/ all the same flaws but much much worse than Sam Darnold.  If the MVP was given out after the first quarter of the season, it goes to Sam.  Meanwhile, Justin Fields is balling out of control and more than likely going to lead the Steelers to the Super Bowl to play the Sam Darnold led Vikings.

JD's decision not to get a kings ransom to build around Sam Darnold, was an obviously bad decision in the moment and that decision was made even worse when he decided to draft Zach Wilson for literally, no good reason.  He was an awful prospect that was obviously going to bust.  Then the decision to draft Wilson over Fields after trading Sam Darnold and JD is looking like an absolute moron.  He's about to get his pants pulled down to his ankles because his hand selected HC sucks and is about get completely embarrassed again in back to back weeks w/ QB's who they discarded for a 40 year old hallucinogenic addict. 

Good news - or bad news : no-one is going to be fired based on Sunday's game.

5 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

keanu reeves neo GIF

Jets 27 Vikings 24

33 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Missed the good news part of the alt good news of bad news. 

I was worried about this game before the denver disaster. If they play anything like they did last week they'll get blown out. Maybe just wishful thinking but I think they show up and look like a better team this week. Doesn't mean they'll win. 

The 2.5 spread is interesting given the way the Jets showed last week, against the Niners and the fact that the Vikes are undefeated. Aaron Rodgers factor maybe? Vegas is trying to get equal action and the public sentiment has to be way down on the Jets facing an undefeated team that has played very well.