Stop Scapegoating the HC

It's just far too easy to blame this mess on the HC.

If there's one person to blame it's JD. 

The OL is awful, the QB has been worse, you have WR's that can't get separation and RB's that can't break a tackle.

This is a league about scoring points and through 5 years of Joe Douglas the Jets have been incapable of doing so.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 9
  • WTF? 3
  • More Ugh 2
  • Haha 5

• FidelioJet changed the title to Stop Scapegoating the HC
1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

The talent is awful. 

I'll even go as far as to say the only reason this team is sometimes competitive is because Saleh knows how to run a defense.

Negative. Time for your eye doctor exam

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

Another incredible Fidelio take. 

Sometimes I truly wonder if you guys watch the games.  

How you can come away from watching that awful offense and come away thinking it's all bad coaching is beyond me.

I'm not saying Saleh has been good - but I am saying any coach would struggle to win with this team.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The talent is awful. 

I'll even go as far as to say the only reason this team is sometimes competitive is because Saleh knows how to run a defense.

Dude, you have outdone yourself. Saleh has a .360 winning % in his 4th year. The minute he is fired this team will be in better shape. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, PS17 said:

Offense is awful. But the coaches aren’t responsible. Got it! 

Look, ultimately teams win and lose with QB play.

And Rodgers is clearly shot - I don't blame Rodgers for getting old.  I blame Joe Douglas for trading major assets for a clearly declining 40 year old QB.

I don’t know what to say to this.

its amazing to me that you are defending this person who cannot use these high caliber players that he was given on a silver platter. The coaches are the ones responsible for game play. Maybe if they had a clue it would not be the horror show that this has turned into

• Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Look, ultimately teams win and lose with QB play.

And Rodgers is clearly shot - I don't blame Rodgers for getting old.  I blame Joe Douglas for trading major assets for a clearly declining 40 year old QB.

Other teams do more with less.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

JD is the last person to blame for this. 

The talent is there, this is on coaching. 

We have a patchwork OL that hasn't come together and JD hired Saleh.  So JD definitely gets his share of the blame.  But none of that excuses our CS.  Saleh needs to go.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's just far too easy to blame this mess on the HC.

If there's one person to blame it's JD. 

The OL is awful, the QB has been worse, you have WR's that can't get separation and RB's that can't break a tackle.

This is a league about scoring points and through 5 years of Joe Douglas the Jets have been incapable to doing so.

You’re nuts. The only reason they have two wins is because the talent on field can occasionally overcome the inept coaching of Saleh and Hackett. There is plenty of talent on this team.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We have a patchwork OL that hasn't come together and JD hired Saleh.  So JD definitely gets his share of the blame.  But none of that excuses our CS.  Saleh needs to go.

We have a patchwork OL? LOL You guys are delusional.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The talent is awful. 

Ok Mrs Saleh, calm down.

• Haha 1

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

You’re nuts. The only reason they have two wins is because the talent on field can occasionally overcome the inept coaching of Saleh and Hackett. There is plenty of talent on this team.

Aaron Rodgers won two MVP's with Hackett.

The difference is Aaron Rodger is a QB that lived and died with mobility.  Once he lost that, which he clearly has, he became a liability.

The inability to move the ball is mostly on Rodgers - and bringing in an aging 40 year old QB reliant on mobility, is on the GM.

I am usually against firing people mid season but Saleh and Hackett have to go. 

how can an offense with Breece Hall, Garrett Wilson, Mike Williams, Lazard. Conklin be this bad ? How is Hall having such a miserable season ? They addressed the issues on the OL with one of the best LEft tackles in the game. Brought in Morgan Moses, John Simpson who were starters in Baltimore and yet they can’t open a hole for a RB or hold off a pass rush to let Rodgers take a shot down the field ? 

Something is really wrong. Is it scheme ? Is it abandoning the run game early ? 

The penalties continue to flow with no end in sight. 

I would at the least change the OC. If Rodgers doesn’t like it we’ll tough go home then and we’ll put Taylor in there.