At least Ulbrich is all business

Well written and presented.

It's unfortunate because it feels like kicking a man while he's down, but it's as as if any of this stuff is made up.  Saleh actually did these things.

Another thing was the report last year of Saleh threatening to confiscate cell phones, calling on the "leaker" to step forward and reveal himself.

(I forget what that was about exactly, but it might have been about Zach refusing to play.)

IIRC in the Rosenblatt / Russini report, Saleh also promised if whoever was guilty revealed himself he promised "they wouldn't get in trouble".

It sounded like a scene out of elementary school.

In the days after, an embittered Saleh conducted research. He wanted to see how teams led by the NFL’s best coaches performed when playing without their star quarterback. He found that Bill Belichick, Mike McCarthy, John Harbaugh, Zac Taylor, Mike McDaniel, Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay all had losing records in those situations — and that Mike Tomlin was the lone exception.

That became Saleh’s battle cry as the Jets’ losses piled up and criticism mounted: What do you expect? We lost Aaron Rodgers.

Hmmm, where have I heard this before.....

Oh, right!, this exact sentiment was repeatedly and regular posted all over JN by Jets Fans.

I knew it sounded familiar.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Well written and presented.

It's unfortunate because it feels like kicking a man while he's down, but it's as as if any of this stuff is made up.  Saleh actually did these things.

Another thing was the report last year of Saleh threatening to confiscate cell phones, calling on the "leaker" to step forward and reveal himself.

(I forget what that was about exactly, but it might have been about Zach refusing to play.)

IIRC in the Rosenblatt / Russini report, Saleh also promised if whoever was guilty revealed himself he promised "they wouldn't get in trouble".

It sounded like a scene out of elementary school.

Yes that was another embarrassment. And to think at this very moment there are still people criticizing the Jets for firing this clown. You cannot have this kind of fraud within the org another second

I HATED the motto "AGNB". It was stupid. It IS stupid. It is meaningless. At least for a few minutes, "Play Like a Jet" was kinda cool and meant something. 

I like Ulbrichs breakdown for the Senior Bowl... "KILL on 3!" LOL Reminded me of the Infantry. Good times...

Reading all these threads is soo funny.  I remember when he was actually hired - everyone was in love with this.  I dont recall one media person, many posters on this board, fans in general saying this was going to be a bad hiring.

Its funny how everyone all of a sudden in hindsight changes these stories.  I dont know how to find old threads but I go back - maybe with the exception of a few who are always negative - I doubt all these "" i knew it'' posters actually knew much...

1 minute ago, Darnold615 said:

Reading all these threads is soo funny.  I remember when he was actually hired - everyone was in love with this.  I dont recall one media person, many posters on this board, fans in general saying this was going to be a bad hiring.

Its funny how everyone all of a sudden in hindsight changes these stories.  I dont know how to find old threads but I go back - maybe with the exception of a few who are always negative - I doubt all these "" i knew it'' posters actually knew much...

I have 412 ex-girlfriends.

5 minutes ago, Darnold615 said:

Saleh was widely considered the best candidate that cycle, and I'd agree, most folks at the time supported the move once it was made and a fait accompli.

That's different than wanting to have hired him before that.

For example, I very much was opposed to hiring Gase and wanted McCarthy.  I deeply believed Mike McCarthy would have had more success than Gase, and that therefore hiring Saleh wouldn't have happened/been needed.  So I did not want Saleh, nor Gase, I wanted McCarthy.

But since that didn't happen, once news Saleh was hired broke, yes, I was supportive because he was considered the best guy available at that time, and seemed to have a decent resume of success, albeit he was once again a rookie, first-timer D-Co head coach, something I have consistently opposed.

I certainly didn't "know" he'd fail the way he did, no.  But again, I wanted a very different guy to start with.  

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Darnold615 said:

Agreed. It took me a little more than 2 seasons to realize that Saleh was never going to grow into the role of a HC.

I remember fondly laughing at my lion fan friend after we got his hometown Saleh as HC and he was left with a crazed man talking about bighting kneecaps. At the time he was very unhappy with the Lions choice for HC. But,' he's pretty happy now. 

1 hour ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

The thing with Ulbrich is that all of this seems gone for good. No pitiful slogan shirts, no head cheerleader routine...no more yukking it up and foolishly venting to media talking heads that expose you as a fraud to the players or whiney and weak to the fans. No more vibes no more players friend, no more excuses for stupidity....just work, plan, prepare, and win. 

He's been the coach for 28 hours.

• Haha 3

Ulbrich is in a can't lose situation.

If the Jets squander this opportunity and fire everyone. He will be a DC somewhere next year. If the Jets catch fire, he will either be a HC here or somewhere else in the NFL. His Floor will be a DC.

So yeah, he is all business.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

I have no clue what kind of coach he will be...really none whatsoever. But my initial feelings of him are much MUCH more positive than they were of Saleh when he was hired. And who knows maybe we stumbled into "the guy" who can lead us for the next 10-15 seasons. Sometimes it's not plainly obvious...the NFL landscape has been littered with great coordinators who rise through the ranks, get the league's attention, and begin to present themselves are someone who will be the next great can't miss head coach. Of course you just don't know until he is in the building and everything is squarely on his shoulders

One things that was just so cheesy and pitiful was the 2nd rate motivational speaker shtick that Saleh performed. From "All Gas No Brakes" to various stupid training camp t-shirts he would have printed - One had 60% on it...another said "What Now" It just reeked of cheap amateur hour nonsense...especially when nothing changed in terms of the teams preparation and discipline game in game out. Nobody takes this stuff seriously anymore or cares..."Positive Vibes Only" was the latest in the cringe cliché from Saleh. Positive vibes only...Jets outcoached again...Positive Vibes Only....14 penalties...Positive Vibes only...Jets again unprepared and it's 17-0 midway through the 1st.

. Meanwhile cueball Tony Robbins is texting Joe Benigno and leaving an electronic trail of messages of his true feelings on things that could one day be used to embarrass him or the organization. 

The childishness too...the taking receipts nonsense. When Rex chimed in instead of ignoring it as he should've Saleh said "He knows where he can find me". What are you 12? Just shut up and do your job better you don't have to respond to every snipe from the media. Then we of course see the real Saleh, where he apparently was crying like a sissy

Plus we find out he was researching other teams records after they've lost their starting quarterbacks

After all of the above, I doubt he had even a morsel of respect left in the building. And to top it all off he reported to work yesterday at 20-36, year 4....gleefully enjoying his positive vibes and somehow didn't think his job was in danger. He was that oblivious. Even now with that farewell letter he actually signs off with "All Gas No Brakes"...as if he still has everyone fooled and All Gas No Brakes is some kind of rallying cry that we believe in and that did some good for the franchise

The thing with Ulbrich is that all of this seems gone for good. No pitiful slogan shirts, no head cheerleader routine...no more yukking it up and foolishly venting to media talking heads that expose you as a fraud to the players or whiney and weak to the fans. No more vibes no more players friend, no more excuses for stupidity....just work, plan, prepare, and win. 

One thing Saleh did well was running those stairs. Nothing else comes to mind.

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yes. Jeff Ulbrich, dude who played Linebacker and Special Teams for the 9'ers while cosplaying as Wez from the Road Warrior is gonna' let Rodgers punk him. 

I have a feeling Ulbrich is a Savage Viking barely containing his inner rage to function in modern society. Well, thats MY delusion, anyway...

If Ulbrich was really the person you wish him to be, he would've fired Keith Carter the second he was made head coach. 

2 hours ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

Ulbrich seems about as "no nonsense" as it gets when you listen to him talk.

As a 10 year NFL LBer, I think he will be able to relate to the players in a way that Saleh never could and I believe the players will take him much more seriously.

I've said it before & I'll say it again...I think you will see a much different. motivated team take the field on Monday night under Brick's leadership.