Flat Sauce deletes all social media due to negativity

28 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

If I were a famous celebrity there is a 0.0% chance I'd be on social media. Have a manager/PR team run some kind of public facing account, but never go on that yourself.

Not me, I'd be on there, selling some silver spray painted shoes that you suckers would lap up!!

• Haha 1

This sucks. Twitter is a losing proposition for an active player. To his credit, Sauce seems like a really good guy and interacted with the rabble. He didn't have to,  and now he won't. Morons decided to break his balls rather than talk with him. 

• Upvote 4

I would explore trade offers and sell high on Sauce if the price is right.

He's a great player but I don't think he plays as well as his rep. He is too easily made a non factor in games.

I don't think he will be worth the enormous salary he will command.

When he's been off the field our defense hasn't really skipped a beat. Some of that is due to our scheme and how we utilize him.

• Thumb Down 1

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Won't anyone think of his humanity?  He's a person, damn you!

(Am I doing it right?)

In all seriousness, the best use of Sauce is as trade bait for draft assets to draft our next young QB.  Guy is ok in coverage, if the refs has no eyes to see holding, and his next INT will be his first is years.  Draft assets are better.

I trade three sauces for our very own THE JAYLEN.

10 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Absolutely not! His underperformance plus the future of this team.  I have simply stated that we have other priorities besides paying 25-30 million for a position that is not as valuable as in the past for a football team, especially when you already have Reed and MC2 as DBs. 

Let's not mistake this thread otherwise. 

the "cap benefits" in moving a player like Sauce are fools gold. I don't believe in getting rid of one of our best players, who's personality has shaped the culture. That's something a dumb GM would do. We're not in the twilight of a dynasty, or starved for youth. We're still trying to get this thing right. 

Can't make assessments about who's a luxury until we see this team operating at a high level.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

54 minutes ago, Bronx said:

I said it once and I say it again, package Sauce for a couple of 1st rounders and start gathering much needed assets for our future. 

Do you really think that he is worth 25 million per year? I just can't see this team breaking budget on an overrated CB while still having the same identical issues before JD took over, such as OL and QB. 

This right here is why the Jets never win... The grass is always greener... So instead of paying a home grown talent that is one of the top at his position, you fools think that draft picks are always better... 

Proven players > draft picks... The draft pick fallacy... It's a fools decision to get rid of a player of this caliber. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

the "cap benefits" in moving a player like Sauce are fools gold. I don't believe in getting rid of one of our best players, who's personality has shaped the culture. That's something a dumb GM would do. We're not in the twilight of a dynasty, or starved for youth. We're still trying to get this thing right. 

Can't make assessments about who's a luxury until we see this team operating at a high level.  

Exactly this.. Only fools would sell Gardner 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Bronx said:

I said it once and I say it again, package Sauce for a couple of 1st rounders and start gathering much needed assets for our future. 

Do you really think that he is worth 25 million per year? I just can't see this team breaking budget on an overrated CB while still having the same identical issues before JD took over, such as OL and QB. 

So positive vibes only?

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I don't believe in getting rid of one of our best players, who's personality has shaped the culture.

He has participated in five games this season, showing a declining trend. It's possible that the low morale in the locker room is affecting him. However, his statistics do not reflect those of top-tier players who command high salaries.

55 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

You realize that this forum is a form of social media right 

In a very very distant way from the social media I would have thought it was obvious I was talking about ….but if you heed my original advice I’m good with it 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Until this entire regime is gone we have no chance of operating at a high level.

Paying Gardner a lot of money means we have less resources elsewhere.

What culture? Off season hype and falling flat on your face in the season? That's the culture of the Jets currently.

• Thumb Down 2

58 minutes ago, Bronx said:

He has participated in five games this season, showing a declining trend. It's possible that the low morale in the locker room is affecting him. However, his statistics do not reflect those of top-tier players who command high salaries.

you need to ditch that AI moss-man.

Again, can't assess things accurately with the way the last few weeks have gone. Short sighted decisions to get him of him for murky reasons

49 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Until this entire regime is gone we have no chance of operating at a high level.

Paying Gardner a lot of money means we have less resources elsewhere.

What culture? Off season hype and falling flat on your face in the season? That's the culture of the Jets currently.

my friend, go for a run. Have a nice meal, take in a good movie; Longlegs was...fun? Everyone is coping in their own way with what's happened in the first 5 weeks. These are fleeting thoughts you've posted. 

We're going to cornhole the Bills this week. All will be well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Why should players try?

Sauce is, by all accounts, a good kid who puts in the work.  He's had a disappointing season (by his standards).   His reward is, if he goes online or comes here, hearing how many Jets fans think he should be traded. 

"Give everything to the team you can, so we can get more when we trade you in the off season!"

I know at some point we all rag on our team but just look at this place. The number 1 Jets site and the majority of threads are blasting the team, the administration, the owner, the GM, the coach (guilty on Bobby Stairwell) or a player.

The Internet and social media has progressively poisoned people's manners and discretion permanently.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, jetswin said:

I know at some point we all rag on our team but just look at this place. The number 1 Jets site and the majority of threads are blasting the team, the administration, the owner, the GM, the coach (guilty on Bobby Stairwell) or a player.

All of those people have more than earned our scorn.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

you need to ditch that AI moss-man.

Again, can't assess things accurately with the way the last few weeks have gone. Short sighted decisions to get him of him for murky reasons

I concur with you, that we should avoid making full assessments this early on.  I just see the writing on the wall, and I am typically correct on most of my assertions regarding the fate of this team.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bronx said:

I concur with you, that we should avoid making full assessments this early on.  I just see the writing on the wall, and I am typically correct on most of my assertions regarding the fate of this team.  

Dude, team hasn't had a winning season in a decade plus, predicting them sucking isn't exactly actuary science at this point. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Paradis said:

my friend, go for a run. Have a nice meal, take in a good movie; Longlegs was...fun? Everyone is coping in their own way with what's happened in the first 5 weeks. These are fleeting thoughts you've posted. 

We're going to cornhole the Bills this week. All will be well. 

Sorry, ill never understand this delusion about the team.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Why should players try?

Sauce is, by all accounts, a good kid who puts in the work.  He's had a disappointing season (by his standards).   His reward is, if he goes online or comes here, hearing how many Jets fans think he should be traded. 

"Give everything to the team you can, so we can get more when we trade you in the off season!"

I think you totally missed my point.  Dan Campbell made an effort to show his team what they are trying to change about the history of the Detroit Lions.   

It worked.

How many Jets players do you think know the last time the franchise hosted a playoff game?  1/2 the team were toddlers…

• Upvote 1

"Flat" ??? What does that mean?

Either way, I have always thought he spends FAR too much time on social media for my liking. I wish the entire team would delete that BS! Off season is one thing... half these dudes are constantly on there! Why don't you figure out WTF is wrong with your underperforming team, and how to fix it, instead of dicking about on social media. Coach Brick gettin results already??? 🤔

• Upvote 1