what did you expect!

you make the DC the HC and he is still the DC. he has 2 big jobs.

you change your OC.

your short a defensive coach.

and then you give them 5 days to get ready for one of the best teams in the NFL.

well this is what you got. a team that didnt look like it practiced this week. 

should have just got rid of Hacket. but Nooooooooooooooo Saleh just had to go. we had to have all this change while we still had a season.

well now we are 2-4 and the season is just about over. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 3
  • Ugh 1

Five days wasn't going to turn the ship around. The offensive playcalling was better, but that's one thing you can quickly change with a coaching shuffle.

Ulbrich is still the same mid DC underperforming he has been all season. It's too early to tell if he can improve on Saleh or if he's going to give us more of the same.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, doitny said:

you change your OC.

and then you give them 5 days to get ready for one of the best teams in the NFL.

should have just got rid of Hacket. but Nooooooooooooooo Saleh just had to go. we had to have all this change while we still had a season.

• The Bills are one of the best teams in the AFC.  They have alot of great players.  
  • Hackett was fired.  They are letting him stick around to save face.  
  • Penalties.  PI Penalties.  Missed FGs.  Just terrible.  
  • This is not a top NFL/AFC team.  This is a potential wild card lose in the first round team that maybe could have gotten there if they could have beaten the Broncos and/or the Vikings.  The Bills were supposed to be a tough game.  
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, varjet said:
  • The Bills are one of the best teams in the AFC.  They have alot of great players.  
  • This is not a top NFL/AFC team.  This is a potential wild card lose in the first round team that maybe could have gotten there if they could have beaten the Broncos and/or the Vikings.  The Bills were supposed to be a tough game.  

You can lose to bad teams if you come up big against good teams. We just find ways to lose to all teams. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Five days wasn't going to turn the ship around. The offensive playcalling was better, but that's one thing you can quickly change with a coaching shuffle.

Ulbrich is still the same mid DC underperforming he has been all season. It's too early to tell if he can improve on Saleh or if he's going to give us more of the same.

Our defense is awesome. Does it need Reddick? Yes. But it’s still awesome.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

With the shakeup I was expecting everyone to be on their toes and play well in all phases of the game and actually rise to the occasion and beat the bills. An adrenaline rush for at least just this one game.  Before the new coach smell wears off. 

Nope.  SOJ

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, varjet said:

The Bills are a mediocre team with a dumb HC and an amazing athletic QB.  They aren’t sniffing a SB this year.  The team is rebuilding with a stud QB and I suspect their HC will be fired at the end of the season.

Woody was the Master Architect of the 2023-2024 teams.  JD was his henchman.   This team is not as talented as Woody claimed.  

The question now is who will be hired to take this mess over.  

But I think we see better play from the Jets though. 7-10 or 8-9 seem likely. 

Woody is not paying Reddick more money to save the season.  

7 hours ago, varjet said:

Changing the hc doesn’t change the habits of the players immediately and that’s what we saw in the game.  These guys are going to make the same mistakes b/c that’s how they’ve practiced here for years.  

What the new regime can change is the playcalling and maybe the culture over time.  But the red zone philosophy sucks and that along with the kicker is why they lost.  You can’t keep going to the 5 yard line and not score tds, games are mostly close and teams that finish there win.

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Our defense is awesome. Does it need Reddick? Yes. But it’s still awesome.

Some of our defense is good.  The rest blows, especially the run stop.  Josh ******* Allen threw the ball like (1) time in the 1st quarter and a no name running back rammed it down our throat all game.  

1 minute ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Some of our defense is good.  The rest blows, especially the run stop.  Josh ******* Allen threw the ball like (1) time in the 1st quarter and a no name running back rammed it down our throat all game.  

And the rest of the game they didn’t have much. The Bills scored 3 pts in the second half. 

5 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Ah, I get it.  All the yards in the first half didn't matter.... Makes sense.

Josh Allen threw for 215 all game. After the first drive the Bills put up less than 100 yards rushing through 3.5 quarters. They got into scoring range 1 time in the second half. It was a good defensive performance and it follows a week after they stifled the best offense in the league and held a pretty good Denver offense to 10 pts. 

8 hours ago, doitny said:

I’m all excited to see what other motivational tricks Woody has up his sleeve! He ended the season on Monday. People who want Joe Douglas fired, too, will no doubt be pleased when Joe Douglas decides he doesn’t want to work for this pos owner, either, when his contract expires. 

8 hours ago, doitny said:

you change your OC.

Regardless of all this, Saleh had to be fired.  This team was going nowhere with him. I rather see all these mistakes with a different coach. 

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Regardless of all this, Saleh had to be fired.  This team was going nowhere with him. I rather see all these mistakes with a different coach. 

As popular as it is, firing someone never fixes a problem. The way you fix a problem is by hiring someone better. That’s really difficult to do five games into the season. So now nothing’s fixed, they’re just one more coach short. I don’t believe there’s ever been an NFL team that made the playoffs after firing their HC during the season, and I don’t see this year’s Jets defying that trend at all. 

2 hours ago, Big L said:

With the shakeup I was expecting everyone to be on their toes and play well in all phases of the game and actually rise to the occasion and beat the bills. An adrenaline rush for at least just this one game.  Before the new coach smell wears off. 

Nope.  SOJ

Same.  Very disappointing that we couldn't even get the new HC bump for even 1 game.  We looked as undisciplined as ever too.  Penalties, drops, etc.

We're at the point where we're going to need an entirely new regime again.  If the season ends up on the trajectory it's currently on then they can't bring JD back.  I get the feeling that Woody wants no part of bringing in a new regime though.

2 minutes ago, slats said:

As popular as it is, firing someone never fixes a problem. The way you fix a problem is by hiring someone better. That’s really difficult to do five games into the season. So now nothing’s fixed, they’re just one more coach short. I don’t believe there’s ever been an NFL team that made the playoffs after firing their HC during the season, and I don’t see this year’s Jets defying that trend at all. 

The issue is that all these habits the players have aren’t fixed by getting rid of saleh, at least not immediately.  The OL is still going to do what they’ve been practicing.  What can change is the attitude, and the play calling, but they still suck in the red zone and that as much as anything else is why they lost to denver and buffalo.  

3 minutes ago, slats said:

Disagree the play calling and O was much better.  It wasn't comparable to the crap that we saw the last two weeks.  The D was shaky in the first half, maybe that's because they had one less coach to prepare.  They looked a lot better after halftime.

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Disagree the play calling and O was much better.  It wasn't comparable to the crap that we saw the last two weeks.  The D was shaky in the first half, maybe that's because they had one less coach to prepare.  They looked a lot better after halftime.

The problem with the play calling is in the red zone, and it’s been a theme this year.  They don’t attack the goal line like other teams.  They do this short crap when they should be trying like hell to score tds.  And do not hand it off to hall at the 5.  He goes down immediately.