Burn.it.down.

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If you want even the slightest glimmer of hope that the Jets can field a competitive football team within the next 3–5 years, you do not start the rebuild at the end of this season. You start it now before the trade deadline.

So many things are broken that you can’t even suggest there is a move or two that fixes this team. The offense is still disjointed and underperforming, the defense cannot make an important stop against an inferior opponent, the team cannot kick an extra point. This team is winless and still undisciplined since firing Robert Saleh. On offense, they waste timeouts and get delays of game, despite hiding Nate Hackett in a closet.

This is probably the biggest gap I have ever seen between the talent a team has and its results on the field.

The franchise is fundamentally broken.

Burn it l down. This team is broken

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If you want even the slightest glimmer of hope that the Jets can field a competitive football team within the next 3–5 years, you do not start the rebuild at the end of this season. You start it now before the trade deadline.

So many things are broken that you can’t even suggest there is a move or two that fixes this team. The offense is still disjointed and underperforming, the defense cannot make an important stop against an inferior opponent, the team cannot kick an extra point. This team is winless and still undisciplined since firing Robert Saleh. On offense, they waste timeouts and get delays of game, despite hiding Nate Hackett in a closet.

This is probably the biggest gap I have ever seen between the talent a team has and its results on the field.

you are just suggesting going back to square one and to repeat the cycle from the beginning. there is no way out of this. 

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This is a reflection of woodys leadership. FYI woody is never wrong

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • En Fuego 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

This is no longer a win now team. They are not contending for the playoffs this year. Whether Aaron Rodgers wants to come back next year or even if the Jets want him back, it doesn’t matter. The rebuild has to start now.

It’s going to be very ugly. Again. The salary cap will be a challenge, and the team has traded away several draft picks. For GM and head coach candidates this team is actually less desirable to come to now then it was when Joe Douglas arrived.

they aren't accomplishing anything at any time ever. the vicious cycle will not end. ever.

If the Jets were smart, they'd instantly become sellers. Yes, even guys like Breece and Wilson. 2025 is a already gonna be a sh*tshow as the bills for the Rodgers era come due. Sell off as much as you can.. tank 2025 and draft a QB in 2026 because even is Arch Manning isn't great.. his name will get him overdrafted so some QBs will drop down a slot. The 2025 draft.. take more than 1 offensive lineman so they have a year to play together before you get the QB!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

💯

Woody Johnson has been the only constant over all these years. Multiple general managers, multiple head coaches, multiple starting quarterbacks. Failed season after failed season. Only one thing has remained the same.

Over 20 years since the Jets last home playoff game

Reality is the result today is probably better

Better draft pick 

Look at this freaking joke of a team!

Even if you win today you’re 3-5 and about to get crushed by HOU on TNF

This team was never making the playoffs even if you put them against sisters of the poor every week 

Reality is the result today is probably better
Better draft pick 
Look at this freaking joke of a team!
Even if you win today you’re 3-5 and about to get crushed by HOU on TNF
This team was never making the playoffs even if you put them against sisters of the poor every week 

This is 100% true... for the first time in my 40+ years of rooting for this team...It dawned on me in the first half... if we're struggling with this patriots team... even a win today... who are we beating? Sad, very sad.. but I've seen the realization... was not even upset by this loss... never thought I'd feel this way

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

they have very little leadership on the field and in the clubhouse.  they were so intent on hiring these high character guys but they forgot to get the guys who eat nails for breakfast and refuse to lose.  i can buy some of the excuses about the players pressing too hard but only what else is the coach going to say.  winning teams find ways to win.  the patsies are not very good yet the jets let brisset look like joe montana and the scrub patsie receivers like jerry rice.  it's ridiculous.

16 minutes ago, rangerous said:

they have very little leadership on the field and in the clubhouse.  they were so intent on hiring these high character guys but they forgot to get the guys who eat nails for breakfast and refuse to lose.  i can buy some of the excuses about the players pressing too hard but only what else is the coach going to say.  winning teams find ways to win.  the patsies are not very good yet the jets let brisset look like joe montana and the scrub patsie receivers like jerry rice.  it's ridiculous.

This game should’ve been more embarrassing than it actually was. The patriots receivers couldn’t hold onto passes all day.

• Upvote 3

If Woody doesn't bow out of the picture and bring in a football man to run the team, then the only thing left to do is hit him where it hurts, in the pocket book. If his profits takes a hit he may listen. But it would have to be a sustained effort. If you don't want to give up your seats then don't spend when you get to the stadium. You get the idea. That's the only thing he understands. Crying on a fan board without severe actions will do it. He doesn't care what you say or complain about as long as you spend money. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I would have never agreed with you or anyone else that said this previously.  That being said, its the perfect time to dump everyone. Let the practice squad play for all i care because im not watching another ******* game until there are major ******* changes.  The bad part is that even if we sell off piecesand gain thedraft capital, you still need someone to coach.  We dont have that and we will never have it with our owner. Truth be told, our kicker lost us more than a couple games. He should retire today.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Simple....

YARN | Kill the monster! | Young Frankenstein (1974) | Video ...

:) 

• Sympathy 1

The brave choice is to tear it down. The truth is Woody will want to continue to hold out hope because some that have his ear within the organization will want to continue this pretense until the end of the season.  A possible 7 win season is better on their collective resumes than a tear-it-down, 4 win season. Rogers, Douglas, Ulbrich and others will all be whispering in Woody's ear, telling him how close we are to turning it around.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Absolutely make use of this trade deadline.  

Trade Sauce, QW, do it by the trade deadline.  Trade Reddick, Mike Williams,  Smith, trade whoever you can and get pics for the NEW GM. JD should be fired by tonight. How is Zeurlin still on this team.  I'd eevn get rid of Ulbrich RIGHT NOW and hire Gruden tonight!

17 minutes ago, jetfan39 said:

If Woody doesn't bow out of the picture and bring in a football man to run the team, then the only thing left to do is hit him where it hurts, in the pocket book. If his profits takes a hit he may listen. But it would have to be a sustained effort. If you don't want to give up your seats then don't spend when you get to the stadium. You get the idea. That's the only thing he understands. Crying on a fan board without severe actions will do it. He doesn't care what you say or complain about as long as you spend money. 

This is what I wanted Woody and Co. to do about six years ago!

Remember when Shannahan wanted to come here and be either the HC or the VP of Football OP and Woody said No!

I remember ..

https://nypost.com/2009/01/03/jets-dont-want-shanahan-2/

And almost a decade later I can firmly say that we are a joke.....