The anger was short lived, I’ve now achieved blissful apathy

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If only Lisa had swallowed the Zach sperm like that, 3+ years of Jets football wouldn’t have been completely ruined?

Then we would’ve drafted Fields and pretty sure he would’ve done enough to rope us into a 2nd contract ala Sanchez  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

Woody Johnson didn’t just end the season when he fired his head coach five games into the year with a battle for first place in the division on the horizon, he exterminated any hope for the future of this franchise under him in the process. 

No one will want to work for the sort of stupid, impatient, impulsive owner who would do such a thing, but just to make sure he drove the point home he decided to make stupid GM moves on top of it. With the trade deadline approaching, the Raiders options limited, and reports that they weren’t being offered more than a fourth round pick for Adams, Woody swoops in on a deal that Joe Douglas had been working on for over a year to hand over a third round pick that can become a second. Raiders would’ve taken anything two weeks later, but already it’s obvious that giving up anything was idiotic, and the Jets would’ve been out of the market  entirely at 2-6. Same with Reddick. Douglas had been working on that since the spring, and Reddick was getting close to having to report this season or having his contract toll into next season, so of course -once again- Woody steps in and overpays after publicly begging him to show up a couple weeks early in yet another losing cause. 

For the people here who wanted to fire Saleh, and want him to fire Joe Douglas, too, I have a message for you: this team isn’t hiring anyone better. No one is coming to work for this imbecile of an owner, with this attack dog media following the team, along with its justifiably furious fanbase. It’s a dead end job on a dead end franchise with brain dead ownership. 

And players will want out, too. For two third round picks, Reddick and Davante will both be gone next year. Reddick will be a free agent, and all Adams has to do is refuse to renegotiate and he’ll be one, too. Rodgers is done. Garrett Wilson hates it here, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he holds out in lieu of a major raise or a trade next year. That’s probably just the tip of the iceberg. 

I’ll tune in on Thursday because I love a good train wreck as much as anyone else, but I suspect I’ll be in bed before it’s over, just not giving a ****. 

PVO, amigos! 

In a way that’s the one thing the Jets do that is in essence good for the fans  that  are able to let go and embrace it. Buffalo tends to come out every year and gets their fans to “ believe” every year and then just crush the dreams of a championship late in the  season. I think the diving through flaming tables is a direct result of this. 

The Jets? At least they show early in the season us they are an inept garbage franchise ran by a Man-Child who would rather  dress  his GI Joe dolls than actually play with them,  by most Halloweens. We can all move on from the season and Trick-or-Treat without worrying about football till next year! “ Go Jets.. 2025 is our year!” 

• Haha 2

Just now, The Crusherer said:

In a way that’s the one thing the Jets do that is in essence good for the fans  that  are able to let go and embrace it. Buffalo tends to come out every year and gets their fans to “ believe” every year and then just crush the dreams of a championship late in the  season. I think the diving through flaming tables is a direct result of this. 

The Jets? At least they show early in the season us they are an inept garbage franchise ran by a Man-Child who would rather  dress  his GI Joe dolls than actually play with them,  by most Halloweens. We can all move on from the season and Trick-or-Treat without worrying about football till next year! “ Go Jets.. 2025 is our year!” 

For Jets fans, „the future is always a season away.”

annie GIF

1 hour ago, slats said:

Woody Johnson didn’t just end the season when he fired his head coach five games into the year with a battle for first place in the division on the horizon, he exterminated any hope for the future of this franchise under him in the process. 

No one will want to work for the sort of stupid, impatient, impulsive owner who would do such a thing, but just to make sure he drove the point home he decided to make stupid GM moves on top of it. With the trade deadline approaching, the Raiders options limited, and reports that they weren’t being offered more than a fourth round pick for Adams, Woody swoops in on a deal that Joe Douglas had been working on for over a year to hand over a third round pick that can become a second. Raiders would’ve taken anything two weeks later, but already it’s obvious that giving up anything was idiotic, and the Jets would’ve been out of the market  entirely at 2-6. Same with Reddick. Douglas had been working on that since the spring, and Reddick was getting close to having to report this season or having his contract toll into next season, so of course -once again- Woody steps in and overpays after publicly begging him to show up a couple weeks early in yet another losing cause. 

For the people here who wanted to fire Saleh, and want him to fire Joe Douglas, too, I have a message for you: this team isn’t hiring anyone better. No one is coming to work for this imbecile of an owner, with this attack dog media following the team, along with its justifiably furious fanbase. It’s a dead end job on a dead end franchise with brain dead ownership. 

And players will want out, too. For two third round picks, Reddick and Davante will both be gone next year. Reddick will be a free agent, and all Adams has to do is refuse to renegotiate and he’ll be one, too. Rodgers is done. Garrett Wilson hates it here, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he holds out in lieu of a major raise or a trade next year. That’s probably just the tip of the iceberg. 

I’ll tune in on Thursday because I love a good train wreck as much as anyone else, but I suspect I’ll be in bed before it’s over, just not giving a ****. 

PVO, amigos! 

People who don't care don't use this many words to say how much they don't care.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, slats said:

He may never get that opportunity, but he was the best defensive mind on the staff. Unlike the Maccagnans, Manginis, and Gases of the world, he’ll continue to be gainfully employed by the league. 

He may never get that opportunity

He doesn't deserve that opportunity.

he was the best defensive mind on the staff

Multiple thoughts on this:

-If we go along with this premise, didn't Saleh hire Ulbrich as his DC?  What does that say about his judgment? 

-IIRC, didn't Saleh say that Ulbrich called all the defensive plays?  How do we know that the problem with the post-Saleh defense isn't that Ulbrich is being stretched too thin?

-I've always questioned Ulbrich (mockingly calling him "the great Jeff Ulbrich").  I think Saleh is overrated as well.  SF certainly didn't miss him.  I think both Ulbrich and Saleh are "meets expectations" type DC's.  Both are acceptable but neither are great.

-Saleh will almost certainly get another DC job if he wants one.  But that would've been the case even if Ulbrich was 3-0 right now.  

-Part of the problem with Saleh (maybe the biggest) was that he saw himself as "HC of the defense", rather than "HC of the team".

9 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Hockey and Basketball to ease the pain.

Sad to think that Dolan might be reasonably viewed as a better owner than anyone else on the planet but it sure does look that way. 

Dolan's teams might be legit contenders for both a Stanley Cup and an NBA championship trophy this year.

33 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Like a late adopter proud of himself for figuring out how to send an email.

It's somewhat convenient how hopeful fans are ready to accept the outcome 

You guys could have just accepted it no matter what 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

Buffalo was must-win, and they lost. The Steelers were a fleeting opportunity for possible resuscitation, and they lost again. Yesterday, it didn’t matter. I turned off the game when they were up 13(lol)-7 to check out the live reggae at my favorite beach bar. Oh sure, I checked the score on my phone here and there, and I can tell you that I literally laughed out loud at Zuerlein’s missed FG, and again when the Pats regained the lead. 

I can’t say I’m completely done. I’ve been following this asinine franchise for over 50 years. Habits are hard to break. But right now, I have no hope for the future of this team. 

Just hard to argue with this. How many rebuilds can you have in a lifetime. Many great fans have died while waiting.

• Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Speaking of people who’ve soured on this team,  @Warfish and @The Crusher have either left and gone over to a Commanders board or they’re attending a week long food festival somewhere in Virginia.

I’m hoping it’s the latter. They’ve been missing as long as @bicketybam

With regard to the last guy I wouldn’t exactly say I’ve been missing him

answer GIF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, slats said:

I can’t say I’m completely done. I’ve been following this asinine franchise for over 50 years. Habits are hard to break. But right now, I have no hope for the future of this team. 

I said the same thing to my wife after the game. They lost every "must win" game this season and with each loss, it felt more and more hopeless, but yesterday's loss felt a little different. I felt every single morsel of hope I had left for the 2024 Jets and the franchise in general just float out of my body. After years of being a combination of cynical but also hopeful, this loss literally broke the proverbial camels back. After decades of not wanting to admit the hard truth about this franchise, like a thunderbolt to the head, I finally have achieved absolute clarity about my fandom for the Jets. This is a dead and hopeless franchise without a glimmer of light in front of it to grasp onto, and I have been foolish in continuing to be emotionally invested in them. It's actually liberating let all of my disappointment and rage go and not waste any more time fooling myself. 

FCUK YOU WOODY JOHNSON!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I still think good people would come here with enough money and control. They would be taking over a franchise in tatters and the only way to go is up. We would build a statue of the guy if he could bring the playoffs and dare I say a championship to this fanbase. Parcells came here after a 1-15 Rich Kotite season. It can happen but that means this ownership would actually have to hire the right person which as we know is unlikely. 

Hess wasn't a meddler to the level Woody is Hess only intervene once with firing of Pete Carroll the guy stepped aside for Parcells Woody would not that why Parcells and Bill B left as soon as Woody entered the building they knew this guy would want a say in how the franchise was going to be run Doubt he will all of sudden change his way after kicking JD to the side bought in Rogers fired Saleh and got fleeced on the Adams deal. If anything he will find someone who is desperate enough to come here and be a yes man.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

I love all these guys that try to say they are checked out or in peace etc then proceed to seek out a Jets fan forum and write about them lol

I’ve been a fan of the team for 50 years, and have been posting in Jets groups on the internet for almost 30. You’ll forgive me if I don’t go cold pretzel. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, slats said:

4 hours ago, slats said:

The above quote is very good.

1. Ownership 

2. Attack dog media

3. Disgruntled fanbase

Three huge problems for the future of any success here. It's going to take a very special person to turn it all around and honestly there isn't enough patience in any of the above 3 to help see it through. A very sad state of affairs right now.

4 hours ago, slats said:

PVO, amigos! 

This goes back to Belichick and Parcells. And telling Mangini his job was safe if he played along with Favre. And going back on hiring Marrone because a pipsqueak reporter spewed nonsense. Regardless of his ability, Mangini especially. Took  the job crossing his mentor and then exposes Spygate. If Johnson won't stand up for him, who won't stand up for anyone. Again, not saying Mangini was the 2nd coming of Lombardi, simply he did stick his neck out for this franchise. But some black Monday Johnson fired him anyway. That sends a message and not a good one. 

Johnson is stupid and impatient,  but he's also cheap. Jets never pay coaches big bucks. Star coaches come on the market and somehow, Jets end up with a coordinator working for less than the average. 

3 hours ago, slats said:

Saleh’s stock goes up with every Jets’ loss. They burned three timeouts in the first quarter yesterday, lmfao. I’d’ve been fine with them firing him last January or this December, but five games into the season with first place in the division in sight? Woody just announced to the league that he is, indeed, the clown everyone thought he was. He made a bad situation unmistakably worse. 

Needed a 2 point conversion and somehow neither the offense nor the coaching staff was aware and ready to run a play. Part of it is this team has been allowed to celebrate anything as insignificant as opening a utility bill as grounds for a New Years Eve level celebration instead of taking care of business. And that comes back to coaching and failing to hold players' accountable for rank stupidity. Echoes of Rodgers not jumping up and down like a sugared up 6 year old after a TD in 1st Pats game. 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If only Lisa had swallowed the Zach sperm like that, 3+ years of Jets football wouldn’t have been completely ruined?

Or could have picked Sewell or Parsons and trudged along with Darnold. Or picked Mahomes over Adams. Mind boggling the stupidity of those picks. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Or could have picked Sewell or Parsons and trudged along with Darnold. Or picked Mahomes over Adams. Mind boggling the stupidity of those picks. 

The Hackenberg pick beget the Adams pick (instead of a QB), which beget the Darnold pick, which beget the Zach Wilson pick, which beget Aaron Rodgers.

This f**kin franchise, man.

• Upvote 1