Pennington starts next year!

lancemehl

Give him a freakin real NFL defense! Go ALL defense. Mangenius,show us what you had in mind. I like Harris, I feel that move. I like Revis, big tacklin CB.

Vilma and DRob should be gone for good value,they(especially Vilma are a great asset to 80% of the teams that play the 4-3)

Let's see this great DEFENSE the genius had in mind for us and let Chad play his CPF

with a real NFL d that doesn't let EvERy RB in the league go for 100-150.

Then see. Then go Clemens. If anyone think keeping Clemens as our starter and releasing chad WITHOUT getting a QB of Chad's quality or better(which makes no sense) is DUMB.

Clemens showed small flashes of good-ness and big flashes of INT,rookie,backup.

Chad is the BEST QB on this football team. Let him play with a REAL defense,oh and a real,complete line,too. What was it 50 sacks? Unacceptable.

This season sucked, everyone, but the least sucking was Chad and his boys(C and C music factory,TJ, and leon and Baker the TD maker).

THE DEFENSE SUCKS,NOT CHAD PENNINGTON.

Cannizzaro's article today sealed it. and that's not even one of his options.

If we go Clemens, that's retarded,he's still a backup, we can't waste our top picks on a qb NO F-ing way!! we need d.

Chad gets us anywhere we need to go. Not with the worst D in the league though,no one can.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give Chad the '85 Bears and Payton or the 1970s Steelers with Harris and Bleier,a nd he'd be a champ. Unfortunately the NFL doesn't allow for Madden-type trades. Heck surround ANY QB with such talent and they'd be damn good. Also, forming opinions based on the bleatings of Mark"JI Exclusive direct from the Dunkin Donuts on Hemsptead Turnpike" Cannizzaro is probably a good reason to step off of this board for a month or 2.

Give him a freakin real NFL defense! Go ALL defense. Mangenius,show us what you had in mind. I like Harris, I feel that move. I like Revis, big tacklin CB.

Vilma and DRob should be gone for good value,they(especially Vilma are a great asset to 80% of the teams that play the 4-3)

Let's see this great DEFENSE the genius had in mind for us and let Chad play his CPF

Then see. Then go Clemens. If anyone think keeping Clemens as our starter and releasing chad WITHOUT getting a QB of Chad's quality or better(which makes no sense) is DUMB.

Chad is the BEST QB on this football team. Let him play with a REAL defense,oh and a real,complete line,too. What was it 50 sacks? Unacceptable.

This season sucked, everyone, but the least sucking was Chad and his boys(C and C music factory,TJ, and leon and Baker the TD maker).

If we go Clemens, that's retarded,he's still a backup, we can't waste our top picks on a qb NO F-ing way!! we need d.

Chad gets us anywhere we need to go. Not with the worst D in the league though,no one can.

the defense did not cause Chad to throw backbreaking INTs against the Giants, Bills and Bengals. Terrible decision-making did. Chad has slipped. His arm is worse than it has ever been. And his brain is not what it used to be, either. Clemens may be an incomplete. They may want to upgrade. But they would be crazy to go backward. Chad has these guys conned because they love hard workers. Wake up boys. Keep Chad and Belichick will thank you. He eats Chads for breakfast.

the defense did not cause Chad to throw backbreaking INTs against the Giants, Bills and Bengals. Terrible decision-making did. Chad has slipped. His arm is worse than it has ever been. And his brain is not what it used to be, either. Clemens may be an incomplete. They may want to upgrade. But they would be crazy to go backward. Chad has these guys conned because they love hard workers. Wake up boys. Keep Chad and Belichick will thank you. He eats Chads for breakfast.
Between 2 shoulder surgeries, wear and tear and age, Pennignton doesn't have an NFL arm, period. It doesn't work.

I can't wait for Chad to be elsewhere next year. Instead of crying every time he is under center for the Jets I can laugh at another teams misfortune as he executes the patented Chad "3 dumps and Done" offense.

there is no room for error in a Chad-run offense. He and every other player on the offenCe (;)) can not make one mistake and then he will get the Jets in the EZ after his patented 12 play drive-time to move on Lance and he will be gone...

quote=lancemehl;741907]Give him a freakin real NFL defense! Go ALL defense. Mangenius,show us what you had in mind. I like Harris, I feel that move. I like Revis, big tacklin CB.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:jawdrop:!!!!!!!!

I agree. Lets' build a dominating defense and give Chad another chance. Then we can lose 6-3 and we all can make a lot of money always playing the under.

ROTFLMAO! You nailed it! I sure do agree with you. I see excuses made for CHAD but not for Kellen by these CHAD-fans. Err, both of them played with the same defense and OL, wrs, rbs. CHAD was 1 and 7 and threw INTS to lose several games. Kellen was 3 and 5 and could have won two other games if his receivers held onto a few accurate passes in the end zone. But Kellen can't win! Only CHADWICK the magnificant can! When?

quote=lancemehl;741907]Give him a freakin real NFL defense! Go ALL defense. Mangenius,show us what you had in mind. I like Harris, I feel that move. I like Revis, big tacklin CB.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:jawdrop:!!!!!!!!

The defense needs to improve, but this team lost cause they couldn't score with Chad or KC. When the defense is allowing 13, 10 points and the offense struggles to score 13 points, you got an offensive problem.

And the matters only get worse if Coles is gone. The offense is one of the worst in the NFL. So while the defense needs to improve, the main reason this team can't win is cause the offense averages about 10 points per game.

ROTFLMAO! You nailed it! I sure do agree with you. I see excuses made for CHAD but not for Kellen by these CHAD-fans. Err, both of them played with the same defense and OL, wrs, rbs. CHAD was 1 and 7 and threw INTS to lose several games. Kellen was 3 and 5 and could have won two other games if his receivers held onto a few accurate passes in the end zone. But Kellen can't win! Only CHADWICK the magnificant can! When?

Are you serious? What Jets fan site are you referring to? It certainly isn't this one. There are but a handful of Chad cheerleaders on this site and as you know from day one, I have never been one.

Most people are excusing KC, not Chad. So your theory is true but in reverse. Most of the posters claim Chad sucks but excuse KC cause the team sucks.

Thats cause we've seen Chad suck for years with better teams. We know his ceiling.

Wow. Chad is what he is, but saying the guy sucks who went to the playoffs 4+ times is kind of lame. Chad shouldn't be here next year, but what has KC done so far?

KC will be going into his 3rd season and if he doesn't do anything next year, you might as well conclude that the jets won't win until 2012 and beyond.

When we had a good OL Chad got us to 10-6, and our first win against NE since the previous 7 meetings, and he got comeback player of the year award.

He also managed to almost get the Jets to the AFC Championship game, he managed to blow out the Colts 41-0 in the playoffs. I'm sorry but while Chad does need a good team to win, what has KC proved so far?

That he sure isn't very good on a bad team. Oh yeah the same team Chad wasn't very good on.

And what happens if Chad is still around and competes with KC for the starting role next year? So far KC hasn't exactly looked like a kid who earned the starting spot. What a disaster it would be if the Jets give Chad a chance to compete with KC and he wins. I hope KC plays well, but so far, he's a kid who started because fans, the media, and everybody else were calling for Mangini's head. And after the second half of the season, KC still hasn't really earned the starting job. At this point, the Jets really don't have a legit starting QB. At least not on the team they have now.

The newspapers are getting the fluff job from the Jets because the Jets have to make it appear as if they want to keep Pennington next year, which they do not. It's all about maximizing his trade value. If they came out and said Chad is gone, then the offers for him will be lowballed, big time. It's clear that Chad is done here, but let's put a fresh coat of paint on the old clunker and see how much we can get for him

In 2004, Chad Pennington had a top five defense and the NFL's leading rusher.

He led the offense to a grand total of 3 ****ing points in a divisional playoff loss.

Chad Pennington sucks. He is not a good QB and he will never be a good QB no matter who his defense is, no matter who his offensive teammates are. He sucks. Period. End of story. Get over it.

Wow. Chad is what he is, but saying the guy sucks who went to the playoffs 4+ times is kind of lame. Chad shouldn't be here next year, but what has KC done so far?

KC will be going into his 3rd season and if he doesn't do anything next year, you might as well conclude that the jets won't win until 2012 and beyond.

Well if 4+ playoff appearances impresses you, I wonder what your opinions on Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are. They're definitely better than a hack like Dan Marino right?

I don't think Pennington will be starting next year. Clemens will be the starter or there will be someone else, but it will not be Pennington.

I don't understand all this blind homerism for Chaddy P. He isn't that good, he doesn't score enough points, he allows defenses to focus on the run which is a factor in our running game sucking so badly. Yeah, a ****ty o-line takes the majority of the blame but a ****ty qb certainly doesn't make it easier. And Lets not bring up what the guy did 4-5 years ago before two shoulder injuries and surgeries. Oh, and Kellen won more games this year than chad did.

If the Jets can address the LG and RT situations with considerable upgrades, I don't see why Pennington could not start for the Jets in 2008. If he is kept, and with Clemens not lighting it up it looks like he will be, he could beat out Clemens for the starting job in camp. However, if the Jets sit on their hands and sign just a younger version of Anthony Clement and Adrien Clarke, than there is no reason for Pennington to remain on the roster. They also need to bring in a number three receiver. That is the biggest need, IMO, outside of either lines / OLB.

If the Jets can address the LG and RT situations with considerable upgrades, I don't see why Pennington could not start for the Jets in 2008. If he is kept, and with Clemens not lighting it up it looks like he will be, he could beat out Clemens for the starting job in camp. However, if the Jets sit on their hands and sign just a younger version of Anthony Clement and Adrien Clarke, than there is no reason for Pennington to remain on the roster. They also need to bring in a number three receiver. That is the biggest need, IMO, outside of either lines / OLB.

What? Is this a New Year's resolution here? Giving Pennington a LG and RT, how is that going to fix flying ducks? No thanks...been there, done that.

What? Is this a New Year's resolution here? Giving Pennington a LG and RT, how is that going to fix flying ducks? No thanks...been there, done that.

Trust me, I know he's not going to be winging the ball over the place just becuase his Offensive Line improves, but up until this season he wasn't throwing those key, crucial Redzone & 4th quarter interceptions. Chad is a game manager, and this year he just wasn't able to manage. Now, maybe thats a product of the protection and maybe its not. But, if he is retained and beats out Clemens, then it shows that the Coaching Staff truely does still believe that he can get it done.

Time will tell.

Trust me, I know he's not going to be winging the ball over the place just becuase his Offensive Line improves, but up until this season he wasn't throwing those key, crucial Redzone & 4th quarter interceptions. Chad is a game manager, and this year he just wasn't able to manage. Now, maybe thats a product of the protection and maybe its not. But, if he is retained and beats out Clemens, then it shows that the Coaching Staff truely does still believe that he can get it done.

Time will tell.

Joe, at Pennington's best which is probably 2002, that's all you're going to get. I don't even know if he can get us to that point again, but he's not the type to get us past that point and that's the problem.

Archived