Tanryan horrible start compared to tangini

lancemehl

IMO, of course.

We just made a slightly above average NFL back into the afc leading rusher, were going into the gel year for Goldie,Brick,Faneca and Moore, where they were about to dominate, signed richardson to solidify that and, now cut your best run blocker and best blocking TE(who also can make the big catches)

Last year we were flawless until we smoked the Favre dust and went crazy. Now, not so good.

But, hey they must have a plan somewhere. I feel like Rex isn't even looking at the offense, I swear I'd feel better if we hired Marty as a father/son team. Marty can run.Brian can do funny plays. They're like the odd couple, at least I'd feel like there was an adult watching the offense.

As I see it, we gave ourselves a hole where we were solid, but we freed up money. Some big names better start popping up, especially if Coles goes.

Lance, with all due respect, it's a ridiculous comparison because you're overlooking the fact that Tangini started in 2006!!!

Thus, how can you say that Tanryan is off to a terrible start compared to Tangini, when you're comparing it to Tangini's THIRD YEAR!!!???!!!

If you want to compare Tanryan to Tangini based on starts, remember that Tangini did the following "bad" moves to start their tenure:

--spent a 2nd rounder on Clemens

--spent a 3rd rounder on the Boar Hunter

--spent a 3rd rounder on Eric Smith

--signed bum FAs like Kimo and Kassell

--had no plan B for Curtis missing the season although they knew in January that he couldn't play

--traded a 4th rounder for a bum at RB

So you want to revise this thread now?

Lance, with all due respect,

How much is really due? At this point, these rant threads are comical.

They haven't had a chance to add a single player. Free Agency hasn't even started yet. :rolleyes:

At this time of the 'tangini' regime, I'm pretty sure we were switching to a 3-4 with no NT or true OLBs and we traded our best player, bar none, to the Falcons.

yes it's a questionable move, but there is a guy out there who they may go after, another person Rex is familiar with, he plays both guard and center, Jason Brown

all of a sudden brandon moore is the glue. i think callahan is the glue. moore has always been a journeyman. besides---guards can be got for less than what they gave moore

and we traded our best player,when he was on the field. Bar none, to the Falcons.

Fixed ;)

I loved JA as well EY. When healthy watching him come off the edge on Sunday's was a thing of beauty.

But he did not have heart. I dont think this is a guy Ryan would keep around either. And when he sat during the playoffs. :curse:

BTW I disagree can we please wait till FA starts :rolleyes: DAM

IMO, of course.

We just made a slightly above average NFL back into the afc leading rusher, were going into the gel year for Goldie,Brick,Faneca and Moore, where they were about to dominate, signed richardson to solidify that and, now cut your best run blocker and best blocking TE(who also can make the big catches)

Last year we were flawless until we smoked the Favre dust and went crazy. Now, not so good.

But, hey they must have a plan somewhere. I feel like Rex isn't even looking at the offense, I swear I'd feel better if we hired Marty as a father/son team. Marty can run.Brian can do funny plays. They're like the odd couple, at least I'd feel like there was an adult watching the offense.

As I see it, we gave ourselves a hole where we were solid, but we freed up money. Some big names better start popping up, especially if Coles goes.

Didn't the Jets hire him to fix that crappy defense?

By all accounts, Ryan knows defense and is considered an expert. However, he can only do so much with what he has on-hand. He probably wants to fix the defense first.

Next, he was with the Ravens for 10 (?) years, outside of that month he was fired last year. The do not have a high powered offense. They are a do not turn the ball over, grind it out and control the clock offense.

He needs to get the D in order. Then worry about the offense.

IMO, of course.

LM, are you out of your mind? You are comparing one positive aspect of the Mangini 3 year regime with Ryan's, which is what, a month old? FA has not even started yet. The draft is in April. All the cuts made so far have been correct. Baker is an overpaid, slow a$$ decent blocking TE. Easy to replace. Cutting Moore isn't official. If it happens, let's give them a chance to show what their plan is.

What they have done so far is create a lot of cap room cutting expensive, mediocre players and ending the Favre fiasco. They are now poised to do something big in FA when, after doing so much last year, we all thought they were strapped this year and would not be able to do much if at all.

Calm down, grasshopper. ;)

LM, are you out of your mind? You are comparing one positive aspect of the Mangini 3 year regime with Ryan's, which is what, a month old? FA has not even started yet. The draft is in April. All the cuts made so far have been correct. Baker is an overpaid, slow a$$ decent blocking TE. Easy to replace. Cutting Moore isn't official. If it happens, let's give them a chance to show what their plan is.

What they have done so far is create a lot of cap room cutting expensive, mediocre players and ending the Favre fiasco. They are now poised to do something big in FA when, after doing so much last year, we all thought they were strapped this year and would not be able to do much if at all.

Calm down, dipsh*t. ;)

Fixed.

The good thing about these threads is that they provide more laughs than the Sunday comics.

I will wait until after the draft and free agency before I start commenting on how I see this current regime doing... and even if I don't agree with the moves I will wait and see how they pan out on the field.

Give the man a chance to build his team the way he wants to build his team.

The good thing about these threads is that they provide more laughs than the Sunday comics.

I will wait until after the draft and free agency before I start commenting on how I see this current regime doing... and even if I don't agree with the moves I will wait and see how they pan out on the field.

yeah really. i'll reserve judgment until i see how the team performs this season. and i'm not expecting miracles....just marked improvement in certain areas.

you know bothers me most about this thread......that the OP saw fit to use another gay motherfu*king moniker to refer to our head coach and GM. tanryan? lol, give me a fu*king break.

Especially when Ryanbaum rolls off the tongue so much sweeter.

That is a defeatist attitude. ;)

I don't care if the Jets go undefeated and win the SB, if they don't do it my way, I am done with this team. I haven't waited 40 years for BS like that. :rolleyes:;)

That is a defeatist attitude. ;)

I don't care if the Jets go undefeated and win the SB, if they don't do it my way, I am done with this team. I haven't waited 40 years for BS like that. :rolleyes:;)

Screw those of you who saw a SB and are complaining :Nuts::D

I have been a fan for 30 years so I missed the Glory Day(s) and have suffered through countless years of mediocrity.

But yes I agree with your sarcastic remark about the "my way" people. :P

Didn't the Jets hire him to fix that crappy defense?

By all accounts, Ryan knows defense and is considered an expert. However, he can only do so much with what he has on-hand. He probably wants to fix the defense first.

Next, he was with the Ravens for 10 (?) years, outside of that month he was fired last year. The do not have a high powered offense. They are a do not turn the ball over, grind it out and control the clock offense.

He needs to get the D in order. Then worry about the offense.

Another cluless troll comment. If you believe Rex is an expert with the defense (as you stated), Rex himself stated that the defense was only 1 or 2 players away from being dominant. That does not equate to the current defense being crappy.

Fixed ;)

I loved JA as well EY. When healthy watching him come off the edge on Sunday's was a thing of beauty.

But he did not have heart. I dont think this is a guy Ryan would keep around either. And when he sat during the playoffs. :curse:

BTW I disagree can we please wait till FA starts :rolleyes: DAM

The sad thing was, in 9 games, he still had more productive numbers than just about anyone on the team in 16 games.

And I understand why we got rid of him, and was ok with it. But if we're comparing the 1st season pre-draft and free agency, then lets do it right.

Lance, with all due respect, it's a ridiculous comparison because you're overlooking the fact that Tangini started in 2006!!!

Thus, how can you say that Tanryan is off to a terrible start compared to Tangini, when you're comparing it to Tangini's THIRD YEAR!!!???!!!

If you want to compare Tanryan to Tangini based on starts, remember that Tangini did the following "bad" moves to start their tenure:

--spent a 2nd rounder on Clemens

--spent a 3rd rounder on the Boar Hunter

--spent a 3rd rounder on Eric Smith

--signed bum FAs like Kimo and Kassell

--had no plan B for Curtis missing the season although they knew in January that he couldn't play

--traded a 4th rounder for a bum at RB

So you want to revise this thread now?

Thanks for the boar hunter reminder, DICK. :biggrin:

Another cluless troll comment. If you believe Rex is an expert with the defense (as you stated), Rex himself stated that the defense was only 1 or 2 players away from being dominant. That does not equate to the current defense being crappy.

I believe he knows defense, but is a question mark as a HC.

Seriously, what do you expect him to say to the NY media at his hiring conference? :rolleyes: They would have eaten him alive.

Anyways, their play suggests they are more then "1-2 players away" from being a dominant defense. They have some nice players, but they have consistently been the lower half of the league in yards allowed and points allowed. I know it is all Mangini's fault. :rolleyes:

Archived