The Official Shonn Greene / Play This Beast Thread

jaspegs

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as I said before, the first time I saw Greene he was running all over Penn States vaunted Defnse! I think he was the only trusher to go over 100 on them this year. He was unstoppable! Whether it was power up the middle, or scattimg around the LBers! They couldn't stop him! I said to myself, man would I love to have this kid! when they calles his name at the draft i jumped up and screamed!!!:yahoo:

Plus he's a Jersey native!:thumbup:

I luv this guy. Our best jetback since CMart has arrived. If he stays in town and healthy he can be our next probowl back i truly believe. I am more pumped about Shonn than Sanchez. Add "Shonn Jet Greene Crew" to your sig and be cool like me.

Forget , "more pumped than Sanchez" I would figure you'd be downright pisssed off about the whole Sanchez thing. Since you were such an avid Clemens supporter.

Do you wish we stayed put and gotten a reciever and Greene? Sorry I missed your initial take.

I'd have rather stayed put and gotten Wells and adressed QB and WR with my 6 other picks and TJ on the block, but I didn't know about Greene until we drafted him. I certainly don't remember hearing his name here.

I agree with you though, i love the pick and he's certainly my favorite, since there are only three. lol

NOBODY KNOWS!

I loved the pick. We haven't had a RB that could break tackles since Johnny Hector. It takes away Jones's leverage and if they extend Leon (they better), the Jets will have a great one-two punch for years. Yeah, he doesn't have breakaway speed, but Leon does. And that is why he was still there in the third round.

Great pick.

Heismann?, better than McFadden? we did a hell of a job hiding this guy, I admit I never heard of him, but you would swear he'd go top 5 reading this thread. You know, we could've stayed put, and gotten the real "best". Hey, all I know is this kid Sanchez better be the best QB this league has seen in years or we're in Hershal-ville.

I swear if you did a poll nationwide: who would you rather?- Wells or Greene,and then did one here it would be hysterical.

Of course, maybe if you showed the tape. That's what he should've done to get drafted higher!!!

But yes I'm on it. I'm 100% behind all three draftees.

Heismann?, better than McFadden? we did a hell of a job hiding this guy, I admit I never heard of him, but you would swear he'd go top 5 reading this thread. You know, we could've stayed put, and gotten the real "best". Hey, all I know is this kid Sanchez better be the best QB this league has seen in years or we're in Hershal-ville.

I swear if you did a poll nationwide: who would you rather?- Wells or Greene,and then did one here it would be hysterical.

Of course, maybe if you showed the tape. That's what he should've done to get drafted higher!!!

:rl:

LM, your posts always leave me speechless. You are truly the Aristotle of JN. :cheers:

Beast!

He does need to lose some weight though. I saw him topless in an interview and he's a chunky guy.

If he's a chunky then maybe that chunkiness is what makes him such a good back. Why do you want him to change??

• 1 month later...

All draft picks signed. :cheers:

Jets, Third-Rounder Greene Reach Agreement

Published: 06-15-09

By Jets PR Department

The New York Jets have reached agreement with running back Shonn Greene, their third-round choice (65th overall) in the 2009 NFL Draft. The announcement was made by Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum.

Greene (5'11", 235), Iowa

Does he have as much breakaway speed as this video would suggest? I really wasn't expecting that from him, figured he was a 3 yard bruiser.

He's not very fast, but he hits like a sledgehammer. He's going to be money on the goal line.

:Typotux:

Shonn Greene Contract Details

Posted by Aaron Wilson on June 15, 2009, 6:03 p.m.

New York Jets rookie running back Shonn Greene signed a four-year contract that includes a $905,000 signing bonus, according to a league source.

The third-round draft pick

Archived