• Yes, he would fit in nicely as a complementary back
    • No, he's finished.
    • I don't care one way or the other.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So which one is it?

See? You don't have an answer.

It's not even realistic to assume a rookie will replace an NFL MVP, or the #1 & #3 AFC rushing leaders at any capacity. Draft picks are unproven; TJ and LT are what they are.

LT isn't what you say he is, not anymore. RB is a young players position, you don't look for washed up fossils like Tomlinson. He's done man.

Look for another Greene/Washington, don't **** around paying money to broken down backs.

I really dont understand why this is a big deal. We're not getting the 2004 LT, we're getting a player that should be turned into dog food. A guy who I hope his big name status doesn't mean he'll start over Greene on name alone.

I'm pretty certain that if the line stays healthy, he'll have a good year. But i think you could say that about most RB's, including Thomas Jones and i don't like him at all either..

Brett Favre ver 2.0

That is why its a big deal.

One of the best to play his position in the past 20 years. Coming to the Big Apple, media mecca of the world.

Unfortunately, that is why its big news.

I agree. To me he presents a great 2nd option behind Greene... and may even be a downgrade with regards to lockerroom leadership.

We'll see what happens....

LT isn't what you say he is, not anymore. RB is a young players position, you don't look for washed up fossils like Tomlinson. He's done man.

Look for another Greene/Washington, don't **** around paying money to broken down backs.

Obviously Tanny and Rex feel differently. I think more then anything, they really soured on TJ because of his play late in the season and post season. I think his total melt down in the Championship game sealed his fate. Fair or not, it became a situation where parting ways was the best.

As far as the younger players, you still need a veteren RB to tutor Greene. What better tutor then a future Hall of Fame player?

The LT 3rd down RB stuff is understating LT's value.

When Greene is in there he is either running or blocking. That's it.

With LT & Leon they are either running, catching or blocking.

In other words, LT & Leon make the Jets unpredictable and better.

I don't understand why they don't shoot for Mike Bell rather than dicking around with a RB who shows nothing left in the tank. Bell fits as a 3rd back and wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

Who is the more marquee RB LT or Mike Bell answer your own question. New stadium all the bells and whistles and LT in a JETS uni.

Never said he was anything but what he is now. Hence, he and TJ are what they are (was what I said).

Your younger/cheaper draft approach isn't a guaranteed solution.

I think his total melt down in the Championship game sealed his fate.

Which brings up another point which distinguishes a solid veteran from a naive rookie.

Everyone rags on TJ for not stepping up and working double duty when Greene went down at Indy. But TJ would never have benched himself in the AFCC, minutes shy of the Super Bowl, over a pansie-assed bruised rib.

Guess Greene figured that AFC Championship games come around every year.

if we pay more for LT than we wouldve for TJ.. this would be a horrible move. smh

it think the opposite is true--from what i understand for LT to approach $5mill under our offer he has to hit some performance benchmarks which either means greene goes down and we needed him or he performs better than 2009 indicated he would. either way, if he gets his $5mill we'll be glad to pay it.

More unpredictable sure, but better? C'mon. You saw the playoffs. The Jets were better with Greene than they were with Leon and that was before Leon broke his leg.

Which brings up another point which distinguishes a solid veteran from a naive rookie.

Everyone rags on TJ for not stepping up and working double duty when Greene went down at Indy. But TJ would never have benched himself in the AFCC, minutes shy of the Super Bowl, over a pansie-assed bruised rib.

Guess Greene figured that AFC Championship games come around every year.

IMO that's a little harsh on Greene. Unfortunately he has so far shown to be injury prone, but bruised ribs is not exactly easy to play with for a RB.

My problem with TJ is not so much the championship game, but the fact that he disappeared late in the season when it mattered most. That I think is what sealed his fate with the FO.

IMO, TJ and KR became the scapegoats for the loss to Indy. Whether or not that is fair is debateable, but this happens all of the time in sports.

if we pay more for LT than we wouldve for TJ.. this would be a horrible move. smh

That's just it, it wasn't mostly about money IMO. A factor yes, but it was mainly due to his total collapse end of season and post season.

IMO that's a little harsh on Greene. Unfortunately he has so far shown to be injury prone, but bruised ribs is not exactly easy to play with for a RB.

My problem with TJ is not so much the championship game, but the fact that he disappeared late in the season when it mattered most. That I think is what sealed his fate with the FO.

IMO, TJ and KR became the scapegoats for the loss to Indy. Whether or not that is fair is debateable, but this happens all of the time in sports.

Actually, TJ was dinged and that was the excuse he had for sucking in that game.

Possibly.

The thing that makes me most nervous is that if we sign LT then we have 3 RB's susceptible to injury.

Really wish we'd just go for a bruiser short yardage back, Greene has shown he has break away speed. Even if Leon losses a step, I'm still confident he'll have that speed. So all we are missing really is a short yardage bruiser who you can depend on carrying the load some games if Leon or Greene is out. LT is not that.

Maybe Tanny just wants as much flexibility in the draft as possible. Thats the only reason I can think of wanting to sign LT because from what I see, he might have lost it and he always disappears late in the season.

Anyone who thinks LT is done is stupid. He lost a step or two but he is no where near done. Behind our offensive line, I can honestly see him getting 1,000 yards or more. If LT was so bad, how come the explosive Darren Sproles averaged a 3.7 YPC?

This guy gives us more versatility on the field. He can block, run, catch, and even pass. It also gives us versatility in the draft. Bring him in.

This guy will have a good year behind our offensive line. That is all. We have two question marks on both Washington and Greene. LT will give Greene time to grow and then carry the load by himself.

Make this happen, Tanny!

Brett Favre ver 2.0

That is why its a big deal.

One of the best to play his position in the past 20 years. Coming to the Big Apple, media mecca of the world.

Unfortunately, that is why its big news.

I agree. To me he presents a great 2nd option behind Greene... and may even be a downgrade with regards to lockerroom leadership.

We'll see what happens....

Favre was atleast coming off a good season, this guy was flat out bad last year..

Favre was atleast coming off a good season, this guy was flat out bad last year..

And he didn't work out, for a single minute, from the time of that pick in the NFC CHampionship Game til the day he was traded.

Please. I'm so sick of hearing about our star-studded Pro Bowl O-line. How is an O-line measured statistically - by the running game? Maybe we had great RBs that squeezed thru cracks and made something out of nothing. Most of TJ's 2-yd runs were cases where he hit a wall of pack mules, and had nowhere to go. We also had the 31st ranked passing game. If that's not an equally legit measurement of an O-line's effectiveness, particularly our "monster" wall of overpaid hogs, then explain why our passing game was so poor.

We ranked 31st in passing because:

A) QB couldn't throw; weak arm; no accuracy

B) QB had poor vision; unable to find open receivers

C) QB stupid; made poor decisions; too many INTs

D) receivers sucked; couldn't catch; too many drops

E) receivers too slow; were never open

F) QB sacks

G) no time; poor protection; QB trying to avoid the pass rush; unable to focus downfield

H) our passing plays sucked by design; OC should be fired

I) all of the above is true

J) none of the above is true. The HC and OC decided to limit our passing game despite executing all things exceptionally well

The fact that a subJag like Thomas Jones had any success facing defenses that barely concerned themselves with our passing game should tell you all you need to know. Greene's explosion at the end of the year should cement it.

In 4 games in which he got more then 15 carries, (including 2 road playoff games) he totaled 502 yards, 4 TD's on 79 carries. That projects to 2008 yards, 16 TDs on 316 carries, 6.4 YPC over a 16 game season, all of which are superior to last seasons top rusher Chris Johnson (on 42 less carries). Either we drafted Jim Brown in the 3rd round, or our Oline is pretty damn good..

Oh, and our passing game stunk cause our rookie qb did.. it's not much more complicated then that.

I really dont understand why this is a big deal. We're not getting the 2004 LT, we're getting a player that should be turned into dog food. A guy who I hope his big name status doesn't mean he'll start over Greene on name alone.

I'm pretty certain that if the line stays healthy, he'll have a good year. But i think you could say that about most RB's, including Thomas Jones and i don't like him at all either..

because it's the offseason!!!

Who is the more marquee RB LT or Mike Bell answer your own question. New stadium all the bells and whistles and LT in a JETS uni.

Rhetorical question. I hope he winds up in MN so the front office is forced to make a more practical choice for depth.

Archived