'Fireman Ed' blasts Jason Taylor

Jetfan13

Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News reports Jason Taylor has made no secret of his dislike for Jets fans, insulting them many times over his long career with the Dolphins. The most famous Jets fan of them all - Fireman Ed - offered this reaction when informed that Taylor is meeting Wednesday with team officials to discuss a contract:

"He's such a meathead," Ed Anzalone told the Daily News, sounding a bit like Archie Bunker.

If the Jets sign Taylor - a big if at this point - it could polarize the fan base. Anzalone, for one, believes Taylor is using the Jets as leverage and eventually will sign with the Patriots. But what if Taylor ends up in green?

"It's hilarious," Fireman Ed said. "Let's be real. This guy hates the Jets. He hates Jets fans more than anything. Put it this way: For him to even try to come here, it has to be two things: Nobody is bothering with him or he wants to win a championship. He wants to hop on board."

Anzalone said he was on the receiving end of a profanity-laced tirade by Taylor a few years ago, moments after a Dolphins win at the Meadowlands. Taylor, who has referenced Fireman Ed in some of his Jets-related insults, saw him in the stands and let loose.

"That idiot came running over, looking for me, cursing, saying he wants to kick my (butt)," Anzalone said. "I looked at him and said, 'You see all these kids around here?' He was acting like a lunatic, acting like a (bleep). Just stupid."

Anzalone took offense to one Taylor quote in particular. A year ago, Taylor gave a radio interview in which he said of Jets fans, "Giants fans are a different type of people, just put it that way. There's a little more class on the Giants' side and some Jets fans take the 'cl' out of class

If he can help your team, who gives a flying fart in heaven! Use him as a means to your desired end. A championship. Truth be told, I think he would be a better addition than that washed-up turf toe dude, Tomlinson.

I couldn't see Jason Taylor in green and white personally, mostly because I hate him. But I must say, he would an awesome addition. Replace bryan thomas with him and we got a powerful pass rush off the edge. You know rex would use him well. And ofcourse he would jump on the band waggon. Everyone wants to play for us, we're the hottest team in the NFL. And besides, isn't 12:02:32 PM just jumping on the band waggon also?

Fireman Ed and a good portion of our fanbase is pretty full of crap. If, and I agree it's a huge if, the Jets sign Jason Taylor, Fireman Ed would be the first to jump at the chance to do a photo op with Taylor mocking Taylor's past transgressions against Jets fans and would have no problem leading the Jets chant immediately following Taylor's sacking of Chad Henne on opening night.

One good azz kickin sack and fumble of Henne and all past transgressions would be forgiven.

Just think of the pain that would reverberate throughout the fish fans. (all 9 of them).

Meanwhile the F/O keeps the NYJ on the back page ahead of NYG.

FWIW, you think JT really hates Jets fans? Ed A.? Be serious man its ALL business.

jason_taylor_red_rooster_strut.png

No. I hate this guy and he's not even that good anymore. We have the number one defense in the league, just fixed the defense's biggest weakness, have promising young players at that position and after all that they want to sell their souls to hire has been Jason Taylor?

If Bryan Thomas's puny sack numbers are hurting the team then start Westerman or draft somebody like Greg Hardy.

If he can help your team, who gives a flying fart in heaven! Use him as a means to your desired end. A championship. Truth be told, I think he would be a better addition than that washed-up turf toe dude, Tomlinson.

That's because you're NOT a Jets fan T. A true Jets fan hates his guts and does not want that POS wearing green and white.

Taylor on the Jets to us = Doug Flutie on the Patriots to you. How did you feel when that happened?

If the off season is any indication, the 2010 season is going to be a train wreck.

Are you sure?

I'll admit I don't follow Taylor, but isn't this like the RedWings picking up Chelios from the Blackhawks?

Chelios was the big evil goon from Chicago. Now everyone 'cool' stops at Cheli's bar before games. (about 200 yards from Tiger/Lions stadiums)

If he's good, we'll get over it.

F*** HIM! Just because he signs, it doesn't mean we have to like him. If you knew he was going to get double-digit sacks then you'll take him. I don't care what anyone says.

Pleeeasse.

After his first sack on Brady, youll be running out to buy his jersey.

i truly root for the laundry. the Jets could employ the worst despots in history, I'd still be a fan of the Jets and I'd root for these players. Jason Taylor has a better edge rush than Stalin so we can be thankful for that...

Archived