Official JN Schottenheimer Discussion Thread

Irish Jet

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they **** anything up it will be by trying to become a passing team. Protect the defense by ramming the ****ing ball down their throats. Maybe even draft another back. Ryan Matthews if he drops? Use all your fancy toys for a couple of quick scores and 3rd down. The rest of the time just grind.

How the **** does a defense even dream of stacking the box against this offense?

Shonn Greene is going to have a monster year.

Cause our QB ws terrible most of last year? He finally made a team pay in Cinn, although they went a little too overboard..

Cause our QB ws terrible most of last year? He finally made a team pay in Cinn, although they went a little too overboard..

You & I said it before and it's more so with this trade.

It doesn't matter if the Jets got Holmes, Marshall, Bryant, or Shipley ... it all comes down to Sanchez.

If Sanchez is improved, then this offense will score about 25 ppg which is championship caliber, historically.

3rd down and a yard to go, 5 wide with no RB in the backfield?

Haha! That stuff worked in '98 with Vinny at QB!

How the **** does a defense even dream of stacking the box against this offense?

Sanchez has to prove that they can't afford to stack the box.

Both Rex & Schotty talked after the season about making the offense more balanced. This helps accomplish that, especially with the addition of LT.

I agree. They were 60/40 last year, and I figured they would work towards getting closer to 55/45 before the Santonio trade. Now you have to figure that between Holmes and LT, that they're close to being a 50/50 offense - providing that Sanchez proves himself to be up for it.

Jets are all of a sudden a dangerous, quick scoring offense. Teams that try to take away both Braylon and Holmes downfield are going to get beat up by the Jets running game, and Cotch & Keller underneath.

It's f^cking exciting.

I agree. They were 60/40 last year, and I figured they would work towards getting closer to 55/45 before the Santonio trade. Now you have to figure that between Holmes and LT, that they're close to being a 50/50 offense - providing that Sanchez proves himself to be up for it.

Jets are all of a sudden a dangerous, quick scoring offense. Teams that try to take away both Braylon and Holmes downfield are going to get beat up by the Jets running game, and Cotch & Keller underneath.

It's f^cking exciting.

Exactly.

And we shouldn't be surprised by this move because Tanny always likes to fill holes through FA or trades going into the draft.

This gives the Jets more options at 29.

Schotty finally "got it" the last two weeks of the season and into the playoffs.

Let's just hope it was an almost 5 year learning curve and he can continue to not be a giant dumbass.

He needs to call more completed passes and less INTs. ***** completed passes actually...he needs to call more TDs.

Exxxxxxxxxactly what I thought when I heard the news. I said, "Awesome! Now if only we had an OC who could effectively run a passing attack."

Which year did Shotty fail to run a good passing O with a veteran QB who could actually throw the ball and run his O?

Which year did Shotty fail to run a good passing O with a veteran QB who could actually throw the ball and run his O?

In which year did Schotty have an offense ranked in the top half of the league?

In 06 with Chad he had the 25th ranked offense. In 08 with HOFer Brett he had the 16th ranked offense. This is in yards not points, if it that matters.

He's had four chances and never entered into the top half of the league. Not top ten, top half. In one year Rex Ryan made the defense number one. Its not all the players.

In 06 with Chad he had the 25th ranked offense. In 08 with HOFer Brett he had the 16th ranked offense. This is in yards not points, if it that matters.

He's had four chances and never entered into the top half of the league. Not top ten, top half. In one year Rex Ryan made the defense number one. Its not all the players.

You're going to put '08 on him? They averaged 25 plus per game and that's after they scored 20 over the last two. Favre was hurt and refused to ask out and/or Mangini was afraid to bench him. They were averaging a fraction under 30 ppg 11 games into the season when that old ****er got hurt.

You & I said it before and it's more so with this trade.

It doesn't matter if the Jets got Holmes, Marshall, Bryant, or Shipley ... it all comes down to Sanchez.

If Sanchez is improved, then this offense will score about 25 ppg which is championship caliber, historically.

QFT...Sanchez improves we are for real...Mark steps back we are pretenders...definitely puts more possible players in play for the draft...no longer dramatic needs at CB or WR...could get edge rusher, DE or even OL with #29. BPA...good position to be in. I like this move...even if Holmes is one and done.

Take a look at the players on last years D and their experience and compare them to any year of the personal on the Jets O during Shotty's tenure.

Now lets at least agree that the QB is a huge factor in running an Offense. 06 QB competition, Chad with practically no velocity and no ability to throw outside the hash marks along with a pedestrain running game leads the Jets to the playoffs with a very creative O. 07 QB comp which was designed to eliminate Chad wins Chad the job along with an off season that put together maybe the single worst OL in football. The Jets of course suck.

08 QB Comp, designed to give Clemens the job who proves he isn't an NFL QB. Bring in Vet with no desire to run Shotty's O after TC and half way through pre-season. Jets get to 8 & 3 until QB hurts arm and plays like crap down the stretch without Shotty's O with Bret Favre's O. Team ****s the bed completely.

09 QB comp which rookie wins. Rookie QB comes out of the gate with Shotty's game plan and does great. Bring in new WR after hot rookie start and unload best player on specials and slot reciever who was getting substantial playing time. Lose key game to division rival on special teams after trade. Rookie QB with limited TC and new WR and league with tape goes into a mid season slump. O is re-set after league adjusts and rookie running back gets healthy and makes a run deep into playoffs.

You can give me your stats all day long. No OC with a revolving door at QB, 4 QB comps in 4 years of TC and a rookie, a Vet who can't make enough of the throws to keep a D honest along with a Vet who has no desire to learn a new system, can put in a consistent well balanced and well executed O on the field.

I'm not saying Shotty is great. I'm saying he has been dealt a bad hand for the most part and I'm open minded to the possability that with an improving young QB with experience running his O and with top half NFL talent he might well be a very good OC.

When Tannenbaum and Shotty were in their first year on the Jets the team they took over were previously ranked 31st in O in the league and 12th on D. There was a lot less work to be done on the D and the D unlike the O doesn't need a QB to run it.

Archived