How are you feeling about this game?

stoicsentry

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pretty confident but nervous lolol... because I know this team is much different from the others. This team can finish and pull out wins when they are down unlike past teams. I'm nervous because of the Steelers' D... I dont know if we can run the ball on them and if we can't it's going to put a lot of pressure on Mark Sanchez. If we have a balanced offense like the past 2 games, I have a lot of confidence that we will win the game because our defense has been playing superb and I'm sure Rex will have another creative game plan.

pretty confident but nervous lolol... because I know this team is much different from the others. This team can finish and pull out wins when they are down unlike past teams. I'm nervous because of the Steelers' D... I dont know if we can run the ball on them and if we can't it's going to put a lot of pressure on Mark Sanchez. If we have a balanced offense like the past 2 games, I have a lot of confidence that we will win the game because our defense has been playing superb and I'm sure Rex will have another creative game plan.

Very well said. This is NOT the same old JETS. We are playing another great football team and this could go either way. I just hope destiny is on our side. Go JETS.

im confident that our guys will play their hearts out. I think Jason Taylor will have the game of his life much like Ellis did last week; he's been in this league forever, and he is going to play like a man possessed to get a shot at the lombardi trophy, the same goes for LT, but I think Taylor will have more success going against the steelers tackles.

How am I feeling? I feel like laying somebody out. Hines Ward?

I'm not super confident because the Steelers have an excellent team, Roethlisberger can extend plays and we haven't even been getting to immobile QBs before Brady. I'm not so sure how well be able to run on them and we had some big plays that probably can't be duplicated - the Sanchez keeper, the kick return and the safety. OTOH, the reason that keeper worked is because the Steelers are not stopping our run by playing a base D. They are all in, so **** them we can do this.

2 things concern me...

1. hopefully the Jets didn't shoot their load in New England...I fear they may come out flat for this game

2. our kicker

Yup, this.

An emotional let down is very possible. But as mentioned before we have to hope that the older fella's and Rex pulls everyone in and explain this has just started and last week was a warm up. (haha stole that from a Pat's message board)

Our kicker? At Heinz Feild? In the playoffs? Nothing to say to help anyone feel better about this. This and Ben's ability to extend plays put's my underwear in fear.

I'm waiting for SoFla to has his vision. :D

I am ready for what will be the most painful agonizing 3-4 hours of my life. Just like when the Rangers won the Stanley Cup in 1994 there were ALOT of bumps on that ride but the ending was unreal.

I think there are going to be points in the game where I might actually start thinking they will win.

I think there are going to be points where I think they will be done.

If the Jets win I may not believe it until they are actually holding up the the Hunt Trophy.

CAN'T WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Steelers are a great team, but so are we. We're not winning these games with smoke and mirrors and luck, we're winning them because we are a top tier team in the NFL this year. Just like I've been saying all along there is no "can't lose" dominant team this year, and we match up well with every team we have faced and can possibly face. this is the best I've felt about us winning a big game in a long time not because the Steelers aren't good, but because we are!

I'm waiting for SoFla to has his vision. :D

I am ready for what will be the most painful agonizing 3-4 hours of my life. Just like when the Rangers won the Stanley Cup in 1994 there were ALOT of bumps on that ride but the ending was unreal.

I think there are going to be points in the game where I might actually start thinking they will win.

I think there are going to be points where I think they will be done.

If the Jets win I may not believe it until they are actually holding up the the Hunt Trophy.

CAN'T WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL. I couldn't even believe the win LAST WEEK. First Eric Smith recovered the onsides kick. Then Sanchez knelt. Time expired. I paused for 2 more minutes and then, in the middle of the commercials, I started celebrating. It was funny, really, how long my reaction was delayed. The younger people that were with me (mostly nephews) were all celebrating right from the point Shonn Greene got the final touchdown.

Meanwhile, my older brother and I were waiting for the other shoe to drop until the very last second.

Of all the playoff teams that we have beaten, Pitt does not match up well against us. The game is not as close as the score will indicate...Jets win this easily.

Quietly confident because I think there are 2 critical flaws in these teams and they both are owned by the Steelers: the Oline and STs.

Big Ben is better than Sanchez, but the Steeler bagged up Oline negates that advantage.

The Steelers' ST problems are also well known. They gave up a PR TD that was called back against the Ravens on a questionable holding call.

Not feeling it right now...earlier this week I felt good.....listening to all the doubters has brought me down next to them

that's why i only listen to SNY or 1050 ESPN when BT and Jody comes on haha.. I turn it off when they start talking negative because it pisses me off and i dont wanna hear that sh*t. That's why I haven't been watching ESPN or NFL Network at all since the beginning of the playoffs. :D

I'm tense and nervous, I can't relax.

Game comes down to Mark Sanchez, IMHO. Steelers will sell out to stop the run and force Sanchez to make plays in the frigid Pittsburgh air (Weather.com predicts a high of 18º in Pittsburgh on Sunday), and it will be up to him to make them. The Jets beat the Steelers last time on a KOR and a safety. Can't count on that sort of thing every week.

So do I have faith in Mark?

The good news is that he's a streaky QB who doesn't usually follow up a great game with a clunker. He usually rides the wave for a couple/few games - then slumps for a few. He came off basically a DNP in Buffalo and a so-so performance in Indy to have one of the best games of his career in NE. He played well -if not great- against Pittsburgh once, so he knows he can do it. I have hope, but I'm a Jet fan, man. I can't let those hopes get too high.

My breakdown. Looking at the Steelers secondary, only Polamalu scares me (and he is a superstar, sure). I think the reason they have had so much success defensively is because they are so great against the run. They can afford to drop more into coverage.

So, looking at this game, all other things being equal, I want to see us establish the run. We CAN run against anyone, even the Steelers. Whether we will is the question. But if we can, that will help Sanchez out big time. We will avoid playing into the main reason the Steelers defense is so good, the fact that they can make you one dimensional.

With regards to Pitts' O-line, I hear all the starters are in there for this game.

I am surprisingly peaceful. All the pressure is on the Steelers. They are home, they are favored and their fans and most of the media have already anointed them champs before the game. Unlike some of you, having suffered with this team for 40 years, I am very happy about last weekend and feel like we are playing with house money, so I am less nervous. I think that if the Jets come out throwing against the Steelers they can have success, then run off the pass. Face it, if the Ravens had not shat the bed in the second half last week, we would be playing in Baltimore this weekend. The Jets don't care about playing away from home, they can handle the cold so no big advantage there. I think we have a real shot at this. I will be in panic mode during the game, but not there yet.

I am pretty calm compared to last weeks game vs the Pats. Other than hearing from dolphin fans all day long that we will get demolished by Pittsburgh its been pretty uneventful.

I actually had a dream last night that we opened the game with a 50 yard interception return by Lowery for a TD. woke up right after that lol

Archived