Movies We've Seen Thread

5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

JoePa can rot as far as I'm concerned, but I hated every second of Paterno. Excepting the basic outline, Levinson and Cahn clearly fabricated mostly everything in it. It's basically the Freeh report told through an Aaron Sorkin-esque script.

It was bad. Treating Joe like a senile old man who didn’t know any better, when he knew going back to the 70’s was disgusting.

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, it’s good. I didn’t like the Hogan over-indulgence midway through... but it was captivating in spite of that.

I dunno that they had many other options. Most of the other guys that could have shared stories from that era are dead. I guess Haku is alive but that guy is a ******* legit lunatic.

9 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I dunno that they had many other options. Most of the other guys that could have shared stories from that era are dead. I guess Haku is alive but that guy is a ******* legit lunatic.

I mean the deep dive into how Hogan got his character. Honestly, you know the second he agreed to be in it he’s gonna want his spot. Didn’t ruin it. Just irked me.

Andre hated this guy, hated that guy... that felt like typical Hogan gossip crap.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I mean the deep dive into how Hogan got his character. Honestly, you know the second he agreed to be in it he’s gonna want his spot. Didn’t ruin it. Just irked me.

Andre hated this guy, hated that guy... that felt like typical Hogan gossip crap.

That stuff has all been public and known for a while, at least amongst dorks like me who keep up with this stuff. Even Randy Savage's brother has talked about how much Andre hated Macho Man, and the Big John Studd thing is pretty famous within wrestling. The stories go that if Studd had to face Andre in tag team matches, Studd would always tag his partner in to face Andre because Studd knew Andre hated him and he didn't want to deal with it.

I think Hogan was probably the right guy to talk about it simply because he worked more with Andre during his career than anyone else.

25 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

That stuff has all been public and known for a while, at least amongst dorks like me who keep up with this stuff. Even Randy Savage's brother has talked about how much Andre hated Macho Man, and the Big John Studd thing is pretty famous within wrestling. The stories go that if Studd had to face Andre in tag team matches, Studd would always tag his partner in to face Andre because Studd knew Andre hated him and he didn't want to deal with it.

I think Hogan was probably the right guy to talk about it simply because he worked more with Andre during his career than anyone else.

Fair enough. I don’t know the fanboy stories. 

19 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s definitely one of those movies that stick with you, and I’m personally liking it more the more I think about it. I was frustrated by the ending because of what you alluded to with the axe, and I think there’s a lot of allegory attached that I was projecting onto it, but once I got less butthurt by a few elements, I’ve concluded that it’s just a really good, well done flick that I want to see again.

Same. I came out thinking about it the same way as I did Get Out and The Witch; in that I have a feeling I'll be watching it again and again over the years and picking up more stuff along the way. The Witch especially, that flick took me a good 3-4 times before I grasped the entire thing. And for me those are my favorite types of movies.

• Sympathy 1

Saw the new adaptation of IT last night. It was meh. Tapped into the Goonies/Stranger Things vibe, but didn’t have the great dialogue that makes those films work. Too many moments of ‘that makes no sense’ for me, even though it is about a child eating clown.

Ok - saw a couple of movies

The Hero with Sam Elliot - good flick wish Nick Offerman had more screen time.

Free Fire - holy hell....it was a ludicrous setup but it seemed like the movie flew by with me on the edge of my seat.  A good shoot 'em up.

23 minutes ago, Larz said:

Got IMAX 3D tickets to revengers xfinity wars for Sunday 

Pretty pumped 

Please no spoilers 

Went to a 10:30 imax showing last night after the Jets draft party. Holy hell, what a movie. Unbelievable how moving a super hero movie can be. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, joebabyny said:

Went to a 10:30 imax showing last night after the Jets draft party. Holy hell, what a movie. Unbelievable how moving a super hero movie can be. 

Literally at the edge of my seat for the last half hour. What a fun flick. 

• Sympathy 1

Hurry up and go see Infinity War.  We need to discuss.  

It is amazing......

If you haven't watched all of the Marvel Movies....go into a giant cone of silence and start from the beginning before you see Infinity War.  It will take you awhile....but do it.   

https://www.cnet.com/pictures/watch-every-marvel-cinematic-universe-movie-in-the-right-order/

I'm sure AIW it's great as a standalone - but if yoyr immersed in the full story this movie is absolutely fantastic.

"Mr. Stark......I don't want to go"  (That's a spoiler....don't google it)

15 hours ago, Larz said:

That may be the last blockbuster I see opening weekend in a theater 

You people are rude, loud, inconsiderate, and were raised by animals 

Haha...I feel you.  When I go back to NY and visit I usually go to catch a movie or two with my mother.  I...just people constantly talking over the movie, using their phones, over the top reactions etc. etc.

I hate to make this a NY vs. other places thing...but that sh*t just doesn't happen here.

9 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Haha...I feel you.  When I go back to NY and visit I usually go to catch a movie or two with my mother.  I...just people constantly talking over the movie, using their phones, over the top reactions etc. etc.

I hate to make this a NY vs. other places thing...but that sh*t just doesn't happen here.

Friend of mine went Friday night and there were 2 shouting matches. One guy laughed so hard he spit soda on 10 people and another guy wouldn't move his legs to let someone pass. 

I just had run of the mill loud eaters and talkers 

It's Tuesday night for me from now on, back row 

On 4/29/2018 at 9:49 AM, IndianaJet said:

Hurry up and go see Infinity War.  We need to discuss.  

It is amazing......

If you haven't watched all of the Marvel Movies....go into a giant cone of silence and start from the beginning before you see Infinity War.  It will take you awhile....but do it.   

https://www.cnet.com/pictures/watch-every-marvel-cinematic-universe-movie-in-the-right-order/

I'm sure AIW it's great as a standalone - but if yoyr immersed in the full story this movie is absolutely fantastic.

"Mr. Stark......I don't want to go"  (That's a spoiler....don't google it)

How does one see all the necessary movies in chronological order? I could probably google this but really want to know. I've seen some missed some.

can anyone here nerd out for me for a min

49 minutes ago, HessStation said:

How does one see all the necessary movies in chronological order? I could probably google this but really want to know. I've seen some missed some.

can anyone here nerd out for me for a min

It's based on the comics, so all you need to know is that Thanos wants the stones to do not nice things 

As long as you have seen black panther, guardians of the galaxy, avengers, capt America, thor you good 

I've seen all the movies and I had to look into the comic book story for back story on Thanos and his henchmen 

The movie was shot with IMAX cameras, see it in IMAX if you can. I did it was amazing 

• Upvote 1

On 5/1/2018 at 9:11 PM, HessStation said:

Thor Ragnorok was the greatest superhero movie I've ever seen by a large margin fwiw 

Finally saw it the other night.  Pretty damn good.  Greatest Superhero movie ever?  No way. Really good though.  Definitely the best of the Thor series. 

Black Panther was fun.  I know it was ground breaking which I respect but I didnt find it to be this amazing movie that everyone was claiming it was.  It was good but not great.  Kind of my take on Wonder Woman too.  I get they were ground breaking and I understand the significance of them but I dont think either were actually great movies.  Just a good old fun movie that was highly enjoyable. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Black Panther was fun.  I know it was ground breaking which I respect but I didnt find it to be this amazing movie that everyone was claiming it was.  It was good but not great.  Kind of my take on Wonder Woman too.  I get they were ground breaking and I understand the significance of them but I dont think either were actually great movies.  Just a good old fun movie that was highly enjoyable. 

That's how I felt.   Black Panther was good, above average for Marvel, but not top 2 or top 3.

Wonder Woman was good for the new DC, but their stuff hasn't been that great.  I would call it very average for a Marvel movie, entertaining, but nothing amazing.

• Upvote 1

I know I am in the small minority here because millions flock to them and these Marvel movies are cash making machines but I am over them years ago. I feel if you have seen one you have seen them all. The plots are all so similar and the only real improvements are the suits (and Gal Gadot) but like I said millions love em. I'll watch but wait for HBO or Showtime or streaming.