Who was Wesley Walker?

MarylandJetsFan

Wesley Walker was arguably the second greateset Jet receiver of all time! (Maynard, Walker, Toon, Chrebet). Legally blind in one eye. I can still see him catching the game tying touchdown with no time left and the bomb in OT from Kenny O'Brien to beat the fish 51-45 on a day Dan Marino threw 6

TD passes.

Wesley Walker was arguably the second greateset Jet receiver of all time! (Maynard, Walker, Toon, Chrebet). Legally blind in one eye. I can still see him catching the game tying touchdown with no time left and the bomb in OT from Kenny O'Brien to beat the fish 51-45 on a day Dan Marino threw 6

TD passes.

This is Wesley Walker. Ken O'Brien wasn't to shabby either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6taHdLTpbM&feature=related

This is Wesley Walker. Ken O'Brien wasn't to shabby either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6taHdLTpbM&feature=related

Kenny O was my F'ing hero. Al Toon and Walker. That was the team that I remember as a kid, when I first got into sports. Thought that was the life of a Jets fan...boy was I wrong.

Same goes for the Mets around that time too.

Ninja'd.

Wasnt it great?

What's sad is outside of Jets fans, every one of those guys is barely remembered. I met Freeman once outside the stadium with Rob Moore. Two really REALLY cool guys. Freeman stood there and talked to us for literally about 30 min about nothing. One of my better Jets memories.

What's sad is outside of Jets fans, every one of those guys is barely remembered. I met Freeman once outside the stadium with Rob Moore. Two really REALLY cool guys. Freeman stood there and talked to us for literally about 30 min about nothing. One of my better Jets memories.

My son and I met Wesley outside of Joe Robbie/Dolphin/ProPlayer/Landshark Stadium. He was just sitting on a bench drinking a beer. We went up to him and chatted for a while and he was just a really nice, humble guy. One of the all time great Jets without a doubt.

I've actually told this story before...and some of you may roll your eyes but true story...I was 9 or 10 at Joe Willie's Football Camp in Hamden, CT. (Btw I won best wr per age group, who-ha, flexes little biceps)...so we're playing basketball during break session, getting schooled by inner-city kids from the Bronx...and who shows up but Walker. So we are all huddled around him getting autographs and asking questions...sure enough who's the dumbass, punk kid who asks the stupiest question to his immortal idol, yeah I'm looking right at him and ask if it's true that he has one blind eye. He looks directly at me without a hint of humor, dead serious annoyed says, yes, then proceeds to sign a few more autographs. He stays a couple more mins and then takes off. I reflected on my stupidity for a while after that.

Anyway, yeah, I also got to run a 5 yard out, which I caught (yes!) From Joe Willie himself.

All true, yes sir.

I've actually told this story before...and some of you may roll your eyes but true story...I was 9 or 10 at Joe Willie's Football Camp in Hamden, CT. (Btw I won best wr per age group, who-ha, flexes little biceps)...so we're playing basketball during break session, getting schooled by inner-city kids from the Bronx...and who shows up but Walker. So we are all huddled around him getting autographs and asking questions...sure enough who's the dumbass, punk kid who asks the stupiest question to his immortal idol, yeah I'm looking right at him and ask if it's true that he has one blind eye. He looks directly at me without a hint of humor, dead serious annoyed says, yes, then proceeds to sign a few more autographs. He stays a couple more mins and then takes off. I reflected on my stupidity for a while after that.

Anyway, yeah, I also got to run a 5 yard out, which I caught (yes!) From Joe Willie himself.

All true, yes sir.

I will just add Wesley to the list of people who can't stand you.

1. All motorist

2. Jif

3. Wesley Walker

Archived