• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 24,698 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

NY Jets offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo admits rotation between Matt Slauson and Vlad Ducasse wasn't his idea

Tom Gannam/AP
In a week when the Jets are praying for a win and Bart Scott ripped his own team’s fans, offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo kept the chaos coming. A feisty DeGuglielmo said Thursday that the rotation at left guard between Matt Slauson and Vlad Ducasse was “a directive from high above me.”

Though he never stated his opposition, that directive did not seem to agree with DeGuglielmo. The offensive line coach said of Ducasse, “He’s playing well enough to be an every third series guy. Maybe.”

Rex Ryan said the platoon was his decision.

RELATED: SCOTT SINGING DIFFERENT TUNE TO FANS NOW

BONDY: MISSING MANN WHO GOT AWAY

The rotation was the most substantive part of a bizarre press conference with DeGuglielmo, who was speaking for the first time since training camp. The offensive line coach walked in with hostility, cutting off a reporter to make a statement on a complaint he received from the league about his lack of access to the media. As an assistant coach, DeGuglielmo was required to speak during the Jets’ bye week, but did not and has not since.

“I made a commitment to speak to you people on the bye week, OK? I was sitting here Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday,” said DeGuglielmo. “If anybody needed to speak with me, I was here. It’s not my job to find you.”

The Jets’ facility was closed during the bye week, which also happened to be the week of Hurricane Sandy.  
Asked about the perception that the offensive line has regressed, DeGuglielmo said, “I know I get comments from my boss, his boss and even his boss. And the owner. And they don’t seem to be dissatisfied.”

He begrudgingly explained why the offensive line receives all the blame for an offense that struggles.

“When the running game doesn’t go well, it doesn’t matter who’s carrying the ball,” said DeGuglielmo. “It goes on (the O-line). It could be holes as big as this room.”

“If it’s a sack issue, immediately everyone’s looking in one direction. If it’s a run game issue, immediately everyone’s looking in one direction,” DeGuglielmo added. “Have you ever heard, ‘Boy those tight ends didn’t block well today. Those tight ends had a s----- year blocking?’”

REX KEEPS THE FAITH
Despite Rex Ryan’s preseason claims that he was the best defensive coach in football and his defense would finish in the top five, the Jets’ defensive unit has not lived up to expectations. The Jets are 19th in total yards allowed on the season.

Ryan, half-jokingly said, “(It) certainly looks that way right now. I’m not willing to concede anything yet. Because you know what: I don’t know anything different. We’ve got five games left.”

Ryan, as usual, expressed confidence in the players.

“I believe in myself,” he said Ryan. “I believe in the guys that are with me. I know everybody’s tired of it, but that’s the case.”

Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#2 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 31,043 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

Time to burn it all down, and it build new.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#3 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 31,043 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

Becomes more obvious every day. This leadership group is TERRIBLE.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#4 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 24,698 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

Thread title gaffe
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#5 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 24,698 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:47 AM

Becomes more obvious every day. This leadership group is TERRIBLE.

Reminds me of Martin Sheen in Apocalypse Now, leaving that one outpost on the river "There's no C.O. here."

#6 Jetsouth

Jetsouth

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

Reminds me of Bluto propping a ladder on the window of Constance Frye to smell her feet, and being forced to watch her undress

Edited by Jetsouth, 30 November 2012 - 07:54 AM.

#7 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,186 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

The rats are ready to jump off this sinking ship
Originally Posted by Blackout
LOL ignorance is bless.

#8 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 56,710 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

Herman Edwards never had people showing this my disloyalty. I knew they should have stuck with him. They would have had 2 Super Bowls by now.

#9 JoeC36

JoeC36

JetNation's Keeper Of The Anals

• Moderators
  • 10,772 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

I wish I could say I couldn't believe it, but with this franchise anything is believable.

289 Time Post of the Week Loser

#10 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 35,519 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

Herman Edwards never had people showing this my disloyalty. I knew they should have stuck with him. They would have had 2 Super Bowls by now.

I love Herman Edwards.
Posted Image

#11 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 24,572 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

When you start losing all hell breaks loose- whether it is fact or not
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#12 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 26,340 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

There is a reason they haven't let this guy talk to the press all year.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#13 dbatesman

dbatesman

Vulgar Yankee Mannerisms

• Members
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

Come on, guys. Rex has earned another year.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#14 Pac

Pac

ayyyyy

• Members
  • 13,712 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

yeah... we've known this all year. they have to decide if Vlad is the future. Sounds like it's a no.

bfd.

#15 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,120 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

Vlad is probably a starting guard next year for us. This shouldn't come as a surprise.

#16 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 44,634 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

yeah... we've known this all year. they have to decide if Vlad is the future. Sounds like it's a no.

bfd.

Time to fire the guy who gave him a 1st round grade.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#17 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

Rex feels it, he believes, so STFU!

Posted Image

#18 Beaver

Beaver

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationThe South

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

This is the same guy that said all of the wonderful things about the great Wayne Hunter
RLTW

#19 whodeawhodat

whodeawhodat

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,413 posts
  • LocationI was up above it, now I'm down in it.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

I thought this guy was found dead in his office, something about Wayne Hunter not being our RT?

#20 Stonehands

Stonehands

Jet Fan

• Members
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

I think this confirms that Vlad is a stiff. We had been fed this line of BS that he was improving and deserved time, that's obviously untrue. He is still having his lunch eaten by Slauson...which is sad.

#21 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,490 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

ducasse actually does a good job in the run game. He's not bad.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#22 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

So the OL coach, who is a professional, who works with and has worked with lineman and has made a career of working with lineman and, particular, the Jets linemen, says he's being overruled in his assessment of one of his player, by someone above him, even above his "boss". The player in question has been underwhelming and has failed to crack the starting lineup for years, and cannot win the guard position currently held by a mediocre former 6th round pick. DeGugliemlmo has to be furious, or looking for another job or both, in order to come out and tell the truth about how this organization is run. It's big indictment of the FO. How long before Sporano steps up and admits Tebow was a waste of time and has a mandatory play count from week to week? I'm finding it hard to justify rooting for this team. Every pretense of being a "football" organizatioin has been dropped. This is a business with a business model in place that puts on-field success way below financial success in its list of priorities. And they aren't even pretending to be a team anymore. Just a money machine. Nothing else. You can't get enough Tebow.

#23 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,490 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

Every pretense of being a "football" organizatioin has been dropped. This is a business with a business model in place that puts on-field success way below financial success in its list of priorities. And they aren't even pretending to be a team anymore. Just a money machine. Nothing else. You can't get enough Tebow.

believe it or not, that's every team in the league. it's all about money, always.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#24 LurkerKing

LurkerKing

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCFO JN VIP Membership

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

believe it or not, that's every team in the league. it's all about money, always.

Most organizations are smart enough to realize winning = money.

Edited by LurkerKing, 30 November 2012 - 11:32 AM.

#25 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

ducasse actually does a good job in the run game. He's not bad.

Right. We've never had a bad draft pick. Gholston was just coming around when we let him go. Wilson is still a "project". Hill is still a "project". Sanchez just needs to "mature". Greene needs a better line. The line is actually pretty good. Ducasse is actually good in the run game. Coples needs time to develop.

Trader Mike must be gone. The beans have been counted and he's come up short one time too many.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users