Players always seem to drop to us in draft

The Jets always seem to have guys “drop” to them in the draft.

guys who were supposed to be gone but fell to us

leanord williams

sam darnold

sauce gardner

Jamal adams

Whether or not it works out in the long run, Jets seem to have teams before them reach for guys and we luck out.

who could be this years example.  Im putting my money on Malik Nabors falling to us. Will it work out? Who knows

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

The Jets always seem to have guys “drop” to them in the draft.

guys who were supposed to be gone but fell to us

leanord williams

sam darnold

sauce gardner

Jamal adams

Whether or not it works out in the long run, Jets seem to have teams before them reach for guys and we luck out.

who could be this years example.  Im putting my money on Malik Nabors falling to us. Will it work out? Who knows

Don't jinx it bud. I think some of these (Garrett Wilson might be another example, I couldn't believe it when the Falcons took London) weren't a real major "drop" considering they didn't fall out of the top 10 and in many cases were mocked to us in some scenarios. 

I'd be absolutely thrilled if MHJ, Alt, Odunze or Nabers fell to us (in order of preference). Nabers reported "character issues" may prove you right, but personally I don't think so. And I predicted us to get Darnold, Williams, and G Wilson. Adams was a surprise to me but more because I thought the Jets would let him pass too. Also, admittedly, I was concerned Sauce might go to the Texans, but I didn't think they'd take a CB. I thought we'd get Sauce as long as that was true. Was not expecting stingley Jr to go first.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Don't jinx it bud. I think some of these (Garrett Wilson might be another example, I couldn't believe it when the Falcons took London) weren't a real major "drop" considering they didn't fall out of the top 10 and in many cases were mocked to us in some scenarios. 

I'd be absolutely thrilled if MHJ, Alt, Odunze or Nabers fell to us (in order of preference). Nabers reported "character issues" may prove you right, but personally I don't think so. And I predicted us to get Darnold, Williams, and G Wilson. Adams was a surprise to me but more because I thought the Jets would let him pass too. Also, admittedly, I was concerned Sauce might go to the Texans, but I didn't think they'd take a CB. I thought we'd get Sauce as long as that was true. Was not expecting stingley Jr to go first.

Before the draft I heard 'experts' debating on which player the Jets should take at 4, Sauce or Garrett, since whichever one we don't take at 4 won't be there at 10.

But it turned out! Nabed them both....Joe Douglas is GOD!!!!

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Before the draft I heard 'experts' debating on which player the Jets should take at 4, Sauce or Garrett, since whichever one we don't take at 4 won't be there at 10.

GOD because he got incredibly lucky ? There is no way he knew both would there.. Just like the guy who won big on craps, luck not skill. 

13 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Not last yr, thanks to pats. Instead of getting OT we needed, JD picks a guy who was projected to be end of 1st, early 2nd round pick. 

Don’t believe the Jets we’re ever in on Broderick Jones, but I’d love another team to jump ahead of them this year and take an OT at #9 leaving one or two of those juicy WRs on the board for us. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, slats said:

Don’t believe the Jets we’re ever in on Broderick Jones, but I’d love another team to jump ahead of them this year and take an OT at #9 leaving one or two of those juicy WRs on the board for us. 

Saints or Raiders could make sense. Maybe if OT2 comes off the board at pick 7 the Raiders flip up with the Falcons and then two WR's are sitting there when the Bears are on the clock.

9 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I would include Garrett Wilson dropping to us thanks to the Falcons taking Drake London instead.

In London’s defense he’s had a pretty good 2 years and now has a legit QB. Seemed like a questionable pick at the time. But it seems to be working out.

Really does lean to the side of if the top 3 WRs are gone. Why not go BTJ. Some might view him as a reach. But he’s very safe with a high ceiling if you ask me.

9 hours ago, slats said:

Then If Will McDonald was JD pick all along, he should have been fired on the spot. Nobody was picking Will McDonald before end of first. You just don’t take a project or non day 1 starter 15th overall ( unless it’s a qb ) . All the draft commentators were like “ whaaaat???” But I give JD benefit of the doubt, that was a panic pick after losing out on Broderick jones. As we saw how bad the OL was, he would be a complete idiot to be targeting a reach DL for depth at your strongest area, instead of OT to protect rodgers after your OL just finished near dead last in protection in 2022. 

On your 2nd point, I agree 100% . And if not 1 of 3 WRs, hopefully a qb someone desperately wants. Drop back few spots, probably pick Same player ( bowers?  ) and pick up a 2nd rounder. 

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Then If Will McDonald was JD pick all along, he should have been fired on the spot. Nobody was picking Will McDonald before end of first. You just don’t take a project or non day 1 starter 15th overall ( unless it’s a qb ) . All the draft commentators were like “ whaaaat???” But I give JD benefit of the doubt, that was a panic pick after losing out on Broderick jones. As we saw how bad the OL was, he would be a complete idiot to be targeting a reach DL for depth at your strongest area, instead of OT to protect rodgers after your OL just finished near dead last in protection in 2022. 

On your 2nd point, I agree 100% . And if not 1 of 3 WRs, hopefully a qb someone desperately wants. Drop back few spots, probably pick Same player ( bowers?  ) and pick up a 2nd rounder. 

Why is Broderick Jones this great loss again? Maybe he'll be a terrific player starting this year or next year, but so far he's not looking like some slam dunk brilliant 1st round investment.

Rodgers got hurt on the 4th play of the season on a cut block & it's been posted dozens of times already that a completion & getting rid of it fast was there for him if he took it. So on such a play it wouldn't have made any difference if Jones was out there cut-blocking instead, other than everyone instead changing the injury-blame reason to the GM/HC myopically putting a raw rookie out there to protect Rodgers's blind side.

On balance, though, last year it wouldn't have mattered which below-average 2023 LT was blocking for a season (minus 4 dropbacks) of Zach, Boyle, and Siemien. 

Anyway, it seems it'd be prudent to at least see Jones turn into an above average tackle before lamenting the loss of not drafting him.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, slats said:

Don’t believe the Jets we’re ever in on Broderick Jones

Agreed 

8 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Then If Will McDonald was JD pick all along, he should have been fired on the spot. Nobody was picking Will McDonald before end of first. You just don’t take a project or non day 1 starter 15th overall ( unless it’s a qb ) 

Also agreed 

9 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Then If Will McDonald was JD pick all along, he should have been fired on the spot. Nobody was picking Will McDonald before end of first. You just don’t take a project or non day 1 starter 15th overall ( unless it’s a qb ) . 

It clearly wasn’t his pick all along as he used all of his clock working the phones and/or discussing it in the room before he made the selection. I don’t think it would’ve been a different pick with Jones there. After QB, the most valued position on the field is the guy who sacks him, so I never mind pass rushers. You look at that draft, and tell me who the team missed out on there? The big complaint was that it wasn’t Jaxon Smith-Njigba. Or maybe Dalton Kincaid? Either way, we’ll see how they all turn out as pros. McDonald should have a larger role in the rotation this year. I’m looking forward to seeing it. 

• Upvote 1

A man after my own heart
I want Odunze
  • Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

On 4/23/2024 at 9:30 PM, FootballLove said:

Please.   One good draft.  His record 

• Upvote 1

On 4/23/2024 at 9:14 PM, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

Has there ever been an accuracy rate of these mock drafts? I feel like these guys just throw s**t at the wall and see what gets clicks 

Yes and the guy with the best percentage does one mock after the combine and has no national platform lol 

Brendan Donohue. He writes for Sharp football 

IMG_8908.jpeg

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, slats said:

I just want Odunze. Bowers and Fuaga are solid picks, but Odunze is a Red Zone nightmare for defenses.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Why is Broderick Jones this great loss again? Maybe he'll be a terrific player starting this year or next year, but so far he's not looking like some slam dunk brilliant 1st round investment.

Rodgers got hurt on the 4th play of the season on a cut block & it's been posted dozens of times already that a completion & getting rid of it fast was there for him if he took it. So on such a play it wouldn't have made any difference if Jones was out there cut-blocking instead, other than everyone instead changing the injury-blame reason to the GM/HC myopically putting a raw rookie out there to protect Rodgers's blind side.

On balance, though, last year it wouldn't have mattered which below-average 2023 LT was blocking for a season (minus 4 dropbacks) of Zach, Boyle, and Siemien. 

Anyway, it seems it'd be prudent to at least see Jones turn into an above average tackle before lamenting the loss of not drafting him.

If Jones were on jets, he would be probably the most important player on the Jets OL this yr. Most smart teams draft big strong young OTs . Less likely to get hurt, and it’s nice to build the OL around. Or just not signing 1 year gap injury prone guys you hope hold up all season. None the less, OL in the draft should always be a major top priority. Until your OL is ranked inside the top 10. The jets OL past few years have been ranked at the very bottom, yet we are picking a DL for depth with 1st round pick. Something majorly wrong there. But maybe why are record is what it is past few years.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

If Jones were on jets, he would be probably the most important player on the Jets OL this yr. Most smart teams draft big strong young OTs . Less likely to get hurt, and it’s nice to build the OL around. Or just not signing 1 year gap injury prone guys you hope hold up all season. None the less, OL in the draft should always be a major top priority. Until your OL is ranked inside the top 10. The jets OL past few years have been ranked at the very bottom, yet we are picking a DL for depth with 1st round pick. Something majorly wrong there. But maybe why are record is what it is past few years.

Well we just don’t agree that Broderick Jones would be the most important player on the 2024 Jets’ OL except that they wouldn’t have upgraded to Smith. Certainly hasn’t shown himself to be so thus far.

He may be more reliable in terms of the number of snaps as Smith, but on those snaps where they’re both playing he’s not half the dominant HOF level player Smith is. 

Don’t forget the “smart” pick was Ekwonu or Neal instead of Sauce. Both were better prospects than Jones and neither is a good, QB-saving LT. Maybe they will be, but as young players neither is anything special - or even obviously good - as blindside pass protectors, and so far neither is Jones.

This isn’t the one to cry over imo (or anyway, not yet). Smith is a major, major upgrade. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Well if we grabbed the best players that fell to us in Addison or JSN last year. We wouldn’t be talking about needing a WR at 10 this year.

I can say quite definitively that if we had JSN we would still be talking about needing a receiver at 10.

• Upvote 3

Jamal Adams didn't drop to us, the Jets took him with Mahomes and Watson on the board.

He is the reason Karl died. Adams killed a man, not by his own hands but because he was picked instead a FQB. That's how bad that pick was.

• Haha 2