Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Banner looks good

81 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

CuMar?

Posted · Report post

CuMar?

Good call.  I do like the lay out of the banner though.  Kinda looks like Klecko and Namath staring into the Green Abyss waiting for another player to step up.  Cumar was a great Jet.

Posted · Report post

F*ck Curtis. Guy doesn't even like football.

JetNation doesn't have the most traffic. It doesn't have the most naturally gifted posters. It doesn't even have attractive posters. What JetNation has is a bunch of gritty, scrappy overachievers whose stock in trade is a great love of the game, and a willingness to play through concussions. With that said, the guys (along with Namath and Klecko) who belong in the banner are:

1. Wayne-- No explanation necessary.

2. Al Toon-- See above.

3. James Hasty-- played half a season with a broken jaw on a 6-10 team going nowhere.

4. Mangold-- Tried to play on a knee that he couldn't bend on a similarly hopeless team.

5. Victor Green-- Did he suck? Yes. But he played hard and with a chip on his shoulder.

6. Mickey Shuler-- Got absolutely killed every time he caught a pass here. Still balled.

7. Ken O'Brien-- Perhaps no Jets alum embodies the JN poster more than O'Brien: he was once a promising, fair-haired boy who showed flashes of brilliance, but countless Gitmo-style physical beatings in countless horrible losses aged him 20 years in the span of eight. By the time he left the Jets, he was broken-down and miserable, with the hollow eyes of a Hiroshima survivor.

Posted · Report post

I think Sanchez deserves another chance up there.

lolz

He vows to win the banner competition. Just watch.

Posted · Report post

JetNation doesn't have the most traffic. It doesn't have the most naturally gifted posters. It doesn't even have attractive posters. What JetNation has is a bunch of gritty, scrappy overachievers whose stock in trade is a great love of the game, and a willingness to play through concussions. With that said, the guys (along with Namath and Klecko) who belong in the banner are:

2. Al Toon-- See above.

3. James Hasty-- played half a season with a broken jaw on a 6-10 team going nowhere.

4. Mangold-- Tried to play on a knee that he couldn't bend on a similarly hopeless team.

5. Victor Green-- Did he suck? Yes. But he played hard and with a chip on his shoulder.

6. Mickey Shuler-- Got absolutely killed every time he caught a pass here. Still balled.

7. Ken O'Brien-- Perhaps no Jets alum embodies the JN poster more than O'Brien: he was once a promising, fair-haired boy who showed flashes of brilliance, but countless Gitmo-style physical beatings in countless horrible losses aged him 20 years in the span of eight. By the time he left the Jets, he was broken-down and miserable, with the hollow eyes of a Hiroshima survivor.

I'm actually good looking fwiw.

Posted · Report post

2. Al Toon-- See above.

Cumar was consistent.  If Im nothing Im consistent. 

Posted · Report post

F*ck Curtis.

+1

Posted · Report post

Um, doesnt Joe Brod have seniority?

F that guy!

Posted · Report post

I think Don Maynard and Curtis Martin would be great additions. 

Posted · Report post

+1 to Maynard, Martin, Toon, Chrebet

Posted · Report post

The guys on the banner are  2 of my favorite Jets but in a time when this team is looking for a new identity Im not sure they are the best choice. Right now this franchize lacks a face anyway, so might as well go with old faces until someone steps up/

Great point because the banner at JN definitely has a huge impact on the organization.

Who's responsible for more losses this season?  The JN Banner or the Media? 

Posted · Report post

Great 4 but where's Wayne??

Posted · Report post

I'm actually good looking fwiw.

I brought sexy back. 

Posted · Report post

If you want a tri-fecta, I am available to be placed up there. 

Why not...You do have a superbowl ring  ...

Posted · Report post

Wesley Walker should be up there...

Posted · Report post

Waiting for Gato or Bitonti to sarcastically request we put up a picture of the Jets' cap space.

Tanny in Ghost Busters circle and slash?

Posted · Report post

Should have used this...

1968jetssbiii2008jetsvc.jpg

Posted · Report post

Or this...

joenammathjetskcoct2008.jpg

Posted · Report post

Or this...

joe-namath.jpg

Posted · Report post

Should have used this...

1968jetssbiii2008jetsvc.jpg

WTF is that ?

Posted · Report post

WTF is that ?

Bootleg Stanley Cup.

Posted · Report post

WTF is that ?

This was a photo taken during the halftime ceremony at a game I went to in 2008 where Favre and Leon kept us from losing to Tyler Thigpen and Dwayne Bowe, as the abused our secondary. They trotted out the SBIII team and apparently LIFE was their to document it via photo. 

Posted · Report post

This was a photo taken during the halftime ceremony at a game I went to in 2008 where Favre and Leon kept us from losing to Tyler Thigpen and Dwayne Bowe, as the abused our secondary. They trotted out the SBIII team and apparently LIFE was their to document it via photo. 

Did life cover the zoo trip too?

Posted · Report post

Did life cover the zoo trip too?

Oh, an Ape joke. I didn't get it at first.

Wokka. Wokka.

Posted · Report post

Oh, an Ape joke. I didn't get it at first.

Wokka. Wokka.

What Ape, I was talking about them taking the monkeys to a football game.