Jameis Winston 'might' NOT declare?

Integrity28

Florida State QB Jameis Winston won't announce if he's declaring for the NFL Draft until after next week's national title game.

The deadline is next Thursday, so Winston has only nine more days to decide. There's been recent speculation that he could return for another year at FSU, but it's supremely unlikely. Winston figures to be this year's most-controversial prospect, but in a league so starved for quarterback talent, he'll almost certainly be a first-round pick.

I'm terrified that we'll end up with this kid and he'll out-bust Jamarcus and Ryan Leaf combined. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Multiple sources tell Yahoo's Rand Getlin that Florida State QB Jameis Winston is "seriously considering" staying in school for 2015.

It's hard to believe, but there's enough smoke here to at least suggest an outside chance at fire. Winston's thinking would be hard to discern, but it's possible he'd be returning with an eye toward a controversy-free year, not to mention one with fewer interceptions. We still expect Winston to ultimately turn pro. He has until next Thursday to decide.

Read somewhere that he is a potential 1st round pick in baseball, too. The possibility of him making more money while taking less of a beating has to factor into his decision.

He absolutely could be. If he told the baseball world tomorrow he was giving up football and repeated his pitching performance from last year, he very well could be a first rounder. I think this decision has more to do with which sport than stay or go.

Off field issues aside, this kid is just shy of Andrew Luck grading as a prospect according to some, sign me up please. I said if he was smart he would go back to school one more year, have a controversial free year, and be handed the Andrew Luck type can't miss label that some team might tank for.

Off field issues aside, this kid is just shy of Andrew Luck grading as a prospect according to some, sign me up please. I said if he was smart he would go back to school one more year, have a controversial free year, and be handed the Andrew Luck type can't miss label that some team might tank for.

Compares to Andrew Luck? Holy **** lmfaorotfpml.

I'm terrified that we'll end up with this kid and he'll out-bust Jamarcus and Ryan Leaf combined. 

Its almost impossible for Jameis to outbust Jamarcus Russell.  Jamarcus Russell is the biggest NFL bust of all time.  Only way Jameis comes close to being an bust of that proportions if he's drafted #1 overall and there's very little chance of that happening.  

I do think Jameis will be a bust though.  On a scale of busts, in between Jamarcus Russell and Vince Young.  Not as bad of a bust as Jamarcus but not as good as Vince Young (VY had a good rookie year;  I don't see Jameis Winston having that type of success his rookie year).

He absolutely could be. If he told the baseball world tomorrow he was giving up football and repeated his pitching performance from last year, he very well could be a first rounder. I think this decision has more to do with which sport than stay or go.

yeah the article stated that he would be considered a first rounder for baseball only if he agreed to quit football. Otherwise he's a mid rounder.

this post right here is the first time I have seen anyone even MENTION Andrew Luck and Winston in the same sentence. Please provide us with a link written by someone OTHER than an FSU student or alumni

According to some?

Who are these imbeciles?

Read somewhere that he is a potential 1st round pick in baseball, too. The possibility of him making more money while taking less of a beating has to factor into his decision.

You don't get drafted into the major leagues you play A ball. He might get a decent bonus, but no guarantee he would ever make it to the majors. He is guaranteed 6 or more if he comes out. Pretty simple math. He's not Elway or Sanders Or Jackson in baseball skill.

I truely believe this kid rathers baseball than football and when it's all said and done he will play pro baseball.  Doesn't he get a big bonus if he leaves early or something like that?

A lot to be said for choosing baseball.  Longer career.  Much more guaranteed money over his career.  Walk away with two good knees.  Less pressure as one of five starters as opposed to "face of the franchise" pressure.

I don't understand the decision for Winston to come back another year. He has already accomplished all that there is to accomplish in college football. His draft stock can't get significantly higher and is not guaranteed to rise if he comes back another year (see Matt Leinart). By coming back for his junior season, he could be hypothetically risking his only chance ever at a multi million dollar contract. 

A lot to be said for choosing baseball.  Longer career.  Much more guaranteed money over his career.  Walk away with two good knees.  Less pressure as one of five starters as opposed to "face of the franchise" pressure.

Much more guaranteed money if you make it. Winston could just as easily be the next Drew Henson. 

this post right here is the first time I have seen anyone even MENTION Andrew Luck and Winston in the same sentence. Please provide us with a link written by someone OTHER than an FSU student or alumni

Andrew Luck and Winston are both seen entering a Publix together, Winston comes out in Handcuffs and crabby breath. How's that?

Archived