Jets expected to pursue Darrelle Revis per Schefter

Matt39

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree and I would actually prefer that. Get Maxwell and Cro and if you're going to spend big for a Patriot player then go get Devin McCourtey instead.

true indeed spending smart is key but i bet Woody wants to prove a point after what happen with Idzik last yr, hes worried about selling tickets this year.

How would Schefter know this? Has to be the agent, right?

Haha... yeah, Revis going going to win a SB today, and his agent his ******* with Jets fans with rumors like this. 

Revis doesn't hold a grudge against the Jets at all. No way. LOL

Sources Tom. As per SOURCES. Or perhaps sorcery. Tea leaves said "Revis all day 'err day".

I doubt he even asked anyone. Think about what the pats bills and jets all get from Revis and you don't even need a source. It's almost a given This also definitey reignites te tampering storyline right before kickoff too, just to squeeze that extra ounce of interest from te football faithful.

The Bills held opposing passers to a 74 rating last year and led the league in TD passes against with 16. It'd be pretty amusing if they burned $12 mil per to bring Revis there.

Or in Geno's case 00 we would be overjoyed if Geno had a 74 rating against the Bills..

Great, I really fee like the Jets could have been a contender last year had they kept Cro and signed Revis. Thanks to Idziot's stupidity, we have to watch Revis get a ring with the team I hate most

Cro sucked last year and Revis is a mercenary. Eff him. Idzik did a lot of wrong things, but that wasn't one of them.

Hopefully Maccagnan resists the temptation to go after Revis.  He and Bowles don't need that headache.  The franchise needs to start fresh and get players in here who are committed to the team and who won't disrupt training camp every other year pitching a hissy fit because they're not making franchise QB money.

Hopefully Maccagnan resists the temptation to go after Revis.  He and Bowles don't need that headache.  The franchise needs to start fresh and get players in here who are committed to the team and who won't disrupt training camp every other year pitching a hissy fit because they're not making franchise QB money.

I'm on board for that Vinny..

Damn, what a difference from last year when all the rumors coming out from our idiot GM were "we are going to build our team thru the drafts and we are going to be smart spending money."  He was smart spending money, all right.  The only one laughing to the bank was Woody, taking a whopping 25 million into his pocket and did it while being an owner of a NYC team.  I don't think the Mets with a broke owner has been as despicable as the Jets were last season. This year Woody has no option but to go big because if he doesn't he will get hit hard by the new NFL collective agreements.  

He should stay in New England.  He's a good fit there on a number of levels.

Regardless, I don't want him back in New York.  I'd actually rather him stay in New England.  It'll make each win we get against them just a bit more sweeter than they usually are.

I don't want him on the team..... He's a cancer that put $$$ above winning.  Let him stay in New England.  It makes absolutely zero sense that he tried to nickel & dime us to be the highest paid corner.  He won a Super Bowl- good for him, but he's also a sellout.  

Archived