Sign in to follow this  
Beerfish

List 5 free agents the Jets will end up with...

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

Kareem Jackson CB- PFFs no 11 CB last year. Connection to new GM

Mike Iupati OG- jets are definitely addressing G this year. I think they go for Iupati but maybe Boling

Brandon Graham OLB- loved this guy in the draft. Think he would be a cheaper option than McPhee and Worilds

Antonio Cromartie CB- familiar with Bowles and wants to b here. Can see a 1 yr deal while we see how DM develops.

That is a pretty good list. The scary thing is they could do all that....and still sign Mo.

Not the top 5 you want just 5 that will end up signing here.  Just pick 5, no more or less so that we can compare answers and see who hit the nail on the head with the most correct.

Here are mine:

Shane Vereen

Torrey Smith

Jermaine Gresham

Clint Boling

Antonio Cromartie

These players wont even come close to the amount of cap money we have to spend this year. Unless we're renewing Wilk for 25 mil per year.

What's the cap room?  $55mil?  $65mil if we release Harvin.  Why stop at 5 FAs?

Not sure the market value of each FA below, but here's my guess.

1.  McCourty  8mil

2.  Cro  5mil

3.  Maxwell  8mil

4.  Worilds  7mil

5.  Lupati  7mil

6.  Spiller  4mil

7.  Torrey Smith  8mil

Re-sign Harris  4mil

Extend Wilk  (add 4mil to what he's scheduled for this year)

Totals $55mil.

I'm not against bringing back 24, but can't see NE losing both McCourty and Revis.  Harvin I'm not sure about.  Definitley a great weapon to have but $10mil and a 4th is tough to justify.  Won't lose sleep either way.

The secondary would battle the DLine for best unit on the team.  That'd be one hell of a D.  Then with Smith, Decker, Kerley, Harvin, Amaro, Ivory, Spiller and Powell as the weapons, even a sub-par QB could win with that. 

Leaves the ability to draft best available and an interesting decision at 6 if Mariota falls to us.  Take hiim or trade with Philly and let Foles battle with Geno for the starter?  Think I'd do the trade.

May be wishful thinking, but anything close to that, and I'd be psyched for the season.

@jgb

1.  McCourty  8mil

2.  Cro  5mil

3.  Maxwell  8mil

4.  Worilds  7mil

5.  Lupati  7mil

6.  Spiller  4mil

7.  Torrey Smith  8mil

Re-sign Harris  4mil

Totals $55mil.

I'm not against bringing back 24, but can't see NE losing both McCourty and Revis.  Harvin I'm not sure about.  Definitley a great weapon to have but $10mil and a 4th is tough to justify.  Won't lose sleep either way.

The secondary would battle the DLine for best unit on the team.  That'd be one hell of a D.  Then with Smith, Decker, Kerley, Harvin, Amaro, Ivory, Spiller and Powell as the weapons, even a sub-par QB could win with that. 

Leaves the ability to draft best available and an interesting decision at 6 if Mariota falls to us.  Take hiim or trade with Philly and let Foles battle with Geno for the starter?  Think I'd do the trade.

May be wishful thinking, but anything close to that, and I'd be psyched for the season.

Well, for starters, Spiller wants north of 5 mill per year. The rest of your numbers seem somewhat optimistic as well. 

@jgb

Well, for starters, Spiller wants north of 5 mill per year. The rest of your numbers seem somewhat optimistic as well. 

Just quick guesses.  Fine, dump Harvin and spread the $10.5 around.  That should make the numbers more realistic.

McCourty

Cro 

Lupati

Spiller

& Stevie Johnson IF Revis goes back to NE, I think Johnson will be cheap and we know we have someone that can Own Revis Twice a year. lol

1.  McCourty  8mil

2.  Cro  5mil

3.  Maxwell  8mil

4.  Worilds  7mil

5.  Lupati  7mil

6.  Spiller  4mil

7.  Torrey Smith  8mil

Re-sign Harris  4mil

Totals $55mil.

Too many teams with money will drive some of the prices up during a bidding war. I can see McCourtney and Maxwell getting 10 mil

Ahhh! So this is how this game works... OK

I'll take "Possible Jet FA Receivers for $8 million" Alex

"Who is Torry Smith, Jeremy Maclin, RandallCobb and Stevie Johnson"

Is that better? :banana2:

That was very funny! :winking0001:

Salaries are going to rise this year in free agency because everyone has money.  I think people will be disappointed by the purchasing power we will actually have versus these lists.

Just because teams have lots of money doesn't mean they want to overpay by more than a million or two per year

Too many teams with money will drive some of the prices up during a bidding war. I can see McCourtney and Maxwell getting 10 mil

pretty much nailed that

Orlando Franklin OG/OT

Clint Boling OG

Brandon Flowers CB

Antonio Cromartie CB

Devin McCourtey FS

Kindly update your projections. I liked Version 1.