Ok with Marshall trade how does that change who you want at Jets pick at 6

faba

If we have to pick, either one of the QBs is there or else OLB / edge rusher appears to be the only fit.  We don't need DL and don't particularly need WR although I would be okay with that. 

I don't see the value at OT and I think it's a bit early for CB.

Trade the pick to Cleveland for their picks.

That would be sweet as well. They need another WR and if Either White or Cooper are still on the board we could trade with Cleveland if Tennessee decides to trade out of their #2 spot with Philly. Either way I feel the Jets should be trading back and gathering picks. 

Anything I want now would probably change after the Jets make some signings over the next few weeks but I now want a linebacker  and I am more open to drafting Mariotta if our scouts like him.  I still wouldn't mind trading with Rams or Cleveland. 

Jason La Canfora         @JasonLaCanfora Follow

Expected to be a 5th round pick going to the Bears for Brandon Marshall. Next step for Jets likely to be parting with Percy Harvin

Great news!!!

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/3/6/8161979/new-york-jets-trade-fifth-rounder-for-brandon-marshall

As I’ve said before, I think this is a no-brainer. Fifth round picks have a bust rate of around 70-80%, so the chance of getting a player in that round that can be anywhere near as dominant as Marshall is slim, to say the least.

As pointed out by Smackdad, Marshall has had seven straight 1,000-yard seasons, including five 1,200-yard seasons, until his streak was broken last year with an injury. The team has never had a wide receiver with that kind of résumé. Marshall is, flatly, the best receiver the team has had since Wayne Chrebet.

I think the Jets will not be picking at #6 at all. I think we'll be picking at #20 and we'll be taking the top Linebacker available. 

Maybe we wont need to,,swap #1s, Foles and Kiko with a few mid round picks added in,, at 20 we add  BAA

Take Dante Fowler Jr. and do the worm! 

Torn on what I'd like to see them do if Fowler is there at six.  I think he's gonna' be too hard to pass up.  If he's gone, the choice is easy...try to trade down.

I wanted to trade it before Marshall, same now.

Trade back with Cleveland and select Bud Dupree and Devante Parker.

Trade back with Philly and get Foles, and more picks, and select Bud Dupree.

Is moving from #12 to #6 worth the #12 & #19 pick?

Seems like a lot to move up 6 picks.

Probably more like #12, # 44 and a 2nd next year.

What does everyone think?

This is pretty interesting. Can't see them wanting White or Cooper now. Maybe they are trading with the Eagles.

Call me crazy but I am not ready to give up on Geno Smith just yet.

This is pretty interesting. Can't see them wanting White or Cooper now. Maybe they are trading with the Eagles.

Call me crazy but I am not ready to give up on Geno Smith just yet.

You crazy

Is moving from #12 to #6 worth the #12 & #19 pick?

Seems like a lot to move up 6 picks.

Probably more like #12, # 44 and a 2nd next year.

I dunno. I'm daydreaming.... don't rain on my parade!

Pick 6 - Fowler (I suspect if we stay at pick 6 (and don't draft Mariota) it is because Mariota was already taken before us)

Pick 20 - following the scenario where the Eagles Trade with us is hard to say because who knows what players will still be available as a safe pick I would say Jalen Strong.

Archived