What I find interesting about the Jets now...

Is that it seems there are players that actually want to come and play for us.  

All I heard during Rex's tenure was how everyone wanted to come and play for the Jets.  But I don't remember there being free agents, etc. that openly politicked and made it clear they wanted to be here.

Cro and Revis made it abundantly clear they wanted to be Jets.  In my view that's a very big statement.  These two could really lead a culture change.

Many will say the money is what made them say it.  Sure, I understand your perspective.  But as an avid follower of this team I truly can't remember the last time there were high profile players openly saying they wanted to come and play here.

Speaks loudly about our new regime...

Say what you will about the money but there were a lot of players that didn't want to go to Oakland.

Give Woody credit when it comes to the facilities too. The Florham park facility is top notch. We also don't play in "Giants Stadium" anymore.

Other than Bart Scott who we massively overpaid or a soon to be washed up LT, all of the rest of Rex signings were ex-Raven jags.

Not only has the new regime been able to pull back Revis from the Pats, Cro had other teams that wanted him.

Most of the other free agents were younger guys in their prime.

Marshall although older seems very happy to be a Jet, that doesn't always happen in trades, (see McCoy who quietly got a renegotiated contract with UPFRONT money to keep a smile on his face).

Rex had that quick 2 year run with an incredible Oline & Revis and Cro in their absolute prime.

We quickly went to clowns with Rex but these new guys seem to garner a lot of respect in football circles.

There's no questioning that money talks.  My point is for as much as our head coach talked about players wanting to come here I never really got the sense that was accurate.

If playing for the NYJ was "second fiddle", etc. these guys would go elsewhere...and still get paid.  They've come back.  It says a lot and could be the start of something.

Even CJ Spiller was talking up the Jets.  Something's different about this regime.  It's awesome.

Seems like the Jets finally have someone who knows what they are doing and inspires confidence that his plan will work. Tanny was like throwing darts at a board while Mac seems to have a plan. I think the Jets are on the right track at last. For the first time in a long time I am actually feeling positive about things. I simply hated Rex Ryan and never felt his "plan" was going to have success. Too much talk and not enough action. Now it is all action with little fanfare, which is great.

Rex had that quick 2 year run with an incredible Oline & Revis and Cro in their absolute prime. We quickly went to clowns with Rex but these new guys seem to garner a lot of respect in football circles. [/quote

Rex cannot sustain success because he has no viable plan. It seemed to change with the weather. He too quickly tore down the offense that was built to help the development of a young QB. Sanchez went into his third year with very few weapons and was asked to do more with less. He also had a pi$$ed off OC who was at odds with guess who? (Rex). Also, with his gigantic ego players probably felt that they would be overshadowed by the HC so they went elsewhere.  Seems like the Jets only got second tier FA's with Rex. They got NO impact FA's with Iggy.

Hey APE, 2 wrongs make a right yet?

All I heard during Rex's tenure was how everyone wanted to come and play for the Jets.  But I don't remember there being free agents, etc. that openly politicked and made it clear they wanted to be here.

Cro and Revis made it abundantly clear they wanted to be Jets.  In my view that's a very big statement.  These two could really lead a culture change.

Many will say the money is what made them say it.  Sure, I understand your perspective.  But as an avid follower of this team I truly can't remember the last time there were high profile players openly saying they wanted to come and play here.

Revis wanted to come back before Bowles and MM.  Ultimately it comes down to the $. Thats it.

Revis wanted to be back last year. Jets never contacted. Cro also wanted to be back. Jets didn't offer him a deal either. Others didn't sign with us because of Idzik being Idzik.

During Rex and Tannebaum's tenure, we were getting FAs left and right. So the notion that players didn't wanna come here during Rex's tenure is wrong. Players such as Brandon Jacobs that hated Rex, also wanted to here. Thats just one name. I can come up with dozen others.

We're not much better but blew through all of our cap space?

That's BS!

I listen to Sirius NFL radio & see NFL Total Access, even the Jet haters like Heath Evans have stated the Jets have had one of the best offseasons to date so far & we still have 4 high picks to come in the draft.

Those kudos are for both the new regime & the players they've brought in. Players that are fitting a pattern of the type of plan they are trying to put together.

Revis wanted to be back last year. Jets never contacted. Cro also wanted to be back. Jets didn't offer him a deal either. Others didn't sign with us because of Idzik being Idzik.

During Rex and Tannebaum's tenure, we were getting FAs left and right. So the notion that players didn't wanna come here during Rex's tenure is wrong. Players such as Brandon Jacobs that hated Rex, also wanted to here. Thats just one name. I can come up with dozen others.

What free agents that weren't REALLY OLD did the Jets get during Rex tenure?

Scott was a shell of himself in 2011. LT? Woody? Ed Reed?lol. Leonard?

David Harris gave no discount for staying. Revis wants the most money anywhere- sorry but money rules

Harris stayed because he really liked the new coaches philosophy and plan. He was obviously going to follow Rex to Buffalo and probably make more money. Not to mention Atlanta, Green Bay and San Fran all would have been in line for his services. McCangan avoided the bidding war and gave Harris a nice chunk of change. No ragrets.

It doesn't have anything to do with a newfound respect or desire to play for the Jets franchise.  To think that the motivations of the players' we've signed, Cromartie excluded, has been about anything other than money is naive.

I think players go where the money is 99.99999% of the time.  That being said, Players openly saying they want to play here is just as big of an indictment against the previous regime as it is a positive for the new one.

during Parcells tenure players came here at a pretty good clip as well

What free agents that weren't REALLY OLD did the Jets get during Rex tenure?

Scott was a shell of himself in 2011. LT? Woody? Ed Reed?lol. Leonard?

Revis n Cro are in their 30s n we paid them a sh*t ton to come back. They both wanted to be back when they were in their prime as well. Who else did we get? Gilchrist? Skring? The guard? We overpaid for all three. Of course they would've come here. Did we get Iupati? We wee going "hard" after him. How about Maxwell?

Again, the notion that FAs hated NY during Rex' tenure is wrong. He even got Coles to play for a bit. Bart n Leonard werent' a shell of themselves in 09. Getting LT, Woody and Faneca wasn't bad at all (even though some came during Tangini times). Braylon n Santonio both badly wanted to be in NY when they became FAs. Cro wanted to be back that same yr too and again in 2014. Mangold, Brick and Harris signed their extensions under Rex so they were willing to stay as well. Revis has made it clear several times that he always wanted to play his enire career in green. Just becaus we got Cro n Revis back doesn't mean the entire NFL is lining up to wear the green n white.

Revis n Cro are in their 30s n we paid them a sh*t ton to come back. They both wanted to be back when they were in their prime as well. Who else did we get? Gilchrist? Skring? The guard? We overpaid for all three. Of course they would've come here. Did we get Iupati? We wee going "hard" after him. How about Maxwell?

Again, the notion that FAs hated NY during Rex' tenure is wrong. He even got Coles to play for a bit. Bart n Leonard werent' a shell of themselves in 09. Getting LT, Woody and Faneca wasn't bad at all (even though some came during Tangini times). Braylon n Santonio both badly wanted to be in NY when they became FAs. Cro wanted to be back that same yr too and again in 2014. Mangold, Brick and Harris signed their extensions under Rex so they were willing to stay as well. Revis has made it clear several times that he always wanted to play his enire career in green. Just becaus we got Cro n Revis back doesn't mean the entire NFL is lining up to wear the green n white.

Who the f*ck is saying people are "lining up"?

Is there a f*cking reason why Jet fans can't have just a teeny weeny bit of optimism without tearing fellow fans down to the core?

It's ridiculous!

No wonder Jet fans are pretty much loathed around the country. You go to a god damn game & their fighting each other in the stands like a bunch of morons.

F*ck all of you pessimistic pricks! I for one can't wait to see this new coaching staff in action with our new secondary of Revis, Cro, Skrine, & Gilchrist.

I noticed that every optimistic thread is dissected by blowhards that wouldn't be happy if we got to the playoffs.

I'd hate to be you people, I'm sure your all a dark cloud in your families lives.

Is there a f*cking reason why Jet fans can't have just a teeny weeny bit of optimism without tearing fellow fans down to the core?

It's ridiculous!

No wonder Jet fans are pretty much loathed around the country. You go to a god damn game & their fighting each other in the stands like a bunch of morons.

F*ck all of you pessimistic pricks! I for one can't wait to see this new coaching staff in action with our new secondary of Revis, Cro, Skrine, & Gilchrist.

I noticed that every optimistic thread is dissected by blowhards that wouldn't be happy if we got to the playoffs.

I'd hate to be you people, I'm sure your all a dark cloud in your families lives.

Yeah, **** this, **** that, **** them, **** Redskins n Pats.

Im far more optimistec than you, sir. But my optimism comes with a reasoning, not a flawed feeling.

It's ridiculous!

The problem with your argument is that there are a lot of Jets fan that validate what Rex accomplished here and he was always proud to be a Jets.  There is no reason to lie to feel good about the team.  Look Percy Harvin when to the Bills for just 6 Million and the Jets were debating to keep him at 11 Million.  Check what Revis, Cro and all his past players have to say about Rex.  

Archived