Now the Bills are looking to sign Ray Rice

BroadwayRay

Seriously, if Aaron Hernandez were let out on parole, I'm sure Rex would try to sign him. What's funny about all this is that he thinks he can reform all these social deviants, when history has shown just the opposite (Santonio Holmes?).

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ray is a good guy who made a horrible mistake.  he can still play in this league and whoever gets him will be thrilled w the production they get out of him.  I hope someone signs him but would prefer if it wasn't a div rival.

Punching a woman in the face is not just a "mistake"...

Ray Rice, Percy Harvin, IK, Richie Incognito, and Rex Ryan working together. Yes please.

You just cant make this up......  didnt they just sign John Connor?

REX has ZERO, I repeat ZERO ability to evaluate young talent. He brings in what he knows because he CANT develop talent.

Wow that's interesting. What is your take on what happened then? (I'm assuming you haven't talked to him about it)

it was awful, he knows it and everyone knows it.  It was shocking to read about before the tape and obviously even more shocking to see it.  He understands what he did and understands why he hasn't been given a second chance but he's been working incredibly hard to be ready when that call comes.  a bunch of teams have been in contact but there are obvious PR issues that comes along w/ signing him so the calls have been more exploratory but he is going to get picked up sooner than later. 

it was awful, he knows it and everyone knows it.  It was shocking to read about before the tape and obviously even more shocking to see it.  He understands what he did and understands why he hasn't been given a second chance but he's been working incredibly hard to be ready when that call comes.  a bunch of teams have been in contact but there are obvious PR issues that comes along w/ signing him so the calls have been more exploratory but he is going to get picked up sooner than later. 

The most ridiculous part of this whole scenario to me was how things changed when the video came out.  After seeing him drag his girl knocked out out of the elevator did people think he gave her a love tap?

The most ridiculous part of this whole scenario to me was how things changed when the video came out.  After seeing him drag his girl knocked out out of the elevator did people think he gave her a love tap?

the video still made things a lot worse.  he and the ravens handled it poorly from the beginning though he was honest w/ the ravens w/ regards to what happened.

This is the key point.

If Rice were Jim Brown in his prime he would still be on the Ravens!!!

if Jim Brown played today he'd probably be suspended too as he was a known abuser of women.

Rice isn't playing b/c of the incident nit his lone bad season in the league where he played hurt.  that is just the excuse that is being leaked.

the video still made things a lot worse.  he and the ravens handled it poorly from the beginning though he was honest w/ the ravens w/ regards to what happened.

if Jim Brown played today he'd probably be suspended too as he was a known abuser of women.

Rice isn't playing b/c of the incident nit his lone bad season in the league where he played hurt.  that is just the excuse that is being leaked.

So you believe that he can play as well as he did in the past?

If so, I don't think that he is a bad signing at all.

I certainly am not condoning Jim Brown's documented abuse of women but saying if you are great then you are playing and if Rice can still play he will get one more shot in my opinion.  He is after all only 28 years old right?

I think Dallas would have signed him if they didn't sign Greg Hardy.  They cannot sign Ray now.

The Cowboys dont have the set of balls Rex has. This dude is signing every problem child he can find! lol. 

He's gonna end up making it to the AFCCG where he will lose....twice! lol. 

Im so glad he's no longer the Jets HC, but man is this guy entertaining! lol. 

So you believe that he can play as well as he did in the past?

If so, I don't think that he is a bad signing at all.

I certainly am not condoning Jim Brown's documented abuse of women but saying if you are great then you are playing and if Rice can still play he will get one more shot in my opinion.  He is after all only 28 years old right?

I do believe he can still be an effective back.  I expect a team will sign him and use him more in a 3rd down back type of role but that eventually he will become a bigger part of their offense and have a very productive season.  will he be 2010 ray Rice? probably not but he has fresh legs, he's healthy and he's in great shape right now- but obviously not football shape yet. 

the team that signs him needs to be able to overcome the bad PR that will come w/ the initial signing, they need to be a strong organization that can handle it.  Once they get through that initial wave of bad PR they will have themselves a steal.

The Cowboys dont have the set of balls Rex has. This dude is signing every problem child he can find! lol. 

He gonna end up making it to the AFCCG where he will lose....twice! lol. 

Im so glad he's no longer the Jets HC, but man is this guy entertaining! lol. 

I love Rex but I don't expect he will sign in Buffalo unless the McCoy injury is more serious than they are letting on.

I love Rex but I don't expect he will sign in Buffalo unless the McCoy injury is more serious than they are letting on.

Why do you love Rex? you also loved Herm. they both left a huge mess here after each left. Herm failed miserably in KC and took the leagues best offense in 2005 and turned into a carbon copy of the Jets abysmal offense back then. what do you love about Rex? as a coach? or just because hes a really really cool guy?

Archived