Would you be in favor of the Jets starting Bryce Petty this season 2015

joewilly12

Bryce Petty   

153 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be in favor of starting Bryce Petty this season 2015

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no. At the practices Ive been at and the game on thursday, it looked to me like he was not ready to be on an NFL field. Will he ever be? I dont know, but I do know I do not want to just thrown him out there and possibly ruin any confidence he may gain by sitting and learning for a year or two. 

Hell No!!!!!

He's a project and he's not ready.  The Jets finally have a chance to bring a rookie QB along and you to force him into action?

Start Fitz and start doing whatever the **** you have to do to get a QB in 2016.  

It seems we have Geno haters,Fitzpatrick haters and Flynn haters.

Discuss and vote.

What does any of this have to do with the need to let the guy develop? Why make the same mistake as Rex?

Wasn't this same exact thread started weeks ago? Were you the only one in favor of Petty starting there too?

What does any of this have to do with the need to let the guy develop? Why make the same mistake as Rex?

Wasn't this same exact thread started weeks ago? Were you the only one in favor of Petty starting there too?

I posted for discussion purposes not for arguments sake.  Other teams have thrown rookies into the fire why not the Jets.

YEA LETS RUIN ANOTHER QB BY PUTTING HIM IN TO SOON!!!!! :penguin:

My thoughts exactly. Not saying he is the future just he is not now. Can he develop possibly has the body and arm, but needs to show he ca transition to the NFL game. One training camp does not develop a QB.

Nope. 

I will say though, come December, if we're mathematically eliminated and we know Geno isn't the QB of the future, then I could be for letting Petty play if coaches feel it'd be beneficial.  No sense in having Geno put together another decent December (and ruining a decent draft pick) when Petty could be getting valuable practice/experience.  The problem with that would be conveying the point that it is only for experience/practice, and by starting him in December, that by no means equates to Petty being the starter come 2016.

I don't particularly love any of the Quarterbacks that we have on our roster but if I had to choose for this season I would want the one who gives us the best chance to win starting this season and in my opinion that goes Geno, Fitz, Flynn, Petty then Heaps in that order right now (minus Genos broken jaw and all). I think Petty could be a serviceable QB which is really all of us have wanted (I would be happy in the Flacco, Stafford, Ryan teir of QB skill level) but if we want to see him reach his potential we cant rush him. Having Flynn on the roster might be good in developing Petty as Flynn learned from Rodgers who is arguably the best QB in the league currently. The downside to sitting Petty is that if we have a bad season we are likely to draft QB early next year and that QB would likely be given an unfair advantage over any other QBs on our roster during the annual "competition" as he would be Mac and Bowles  guy.

Archived