Can Devin Smith be our Version of OBJ?

JetBlue

Missed just about all of camp, preseason and first 4 games of the season and went on to have a season for the ages.  I don't expect Smith to even sniff those numbers because we have too much depth at receiver for him to get that many opportunities but I can see him coming in and still having a significant impact.  Can't wait for this kid to get back on the field; once he gets acclimated and comfortable, I think he is going to be very exciting to watch.

Sorry just bored and waiting for some real football.  Let the flames begin! :-)

OMGODB.0.gif

devin-smith-catch-9-1-121.gif?w=1000

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missed just about all of camp, preseason and first 4 games of the season and went on to have a season for the ages.  Not expect Smith to even sniff those numbers because we have too much depth at receiver for him to get that many opportunities but I can see him coming in and still having a significant impact.  Can't wait for this kid to get back on the field; once he gets acclimated and comfortable, I think he is going to be very exciting to watch.

Sorry just bored and waiting for some real football.  Let the flames begin! :-)

OMGODB.0.gif

devin-smith-catch-9-1-121.gif?w=1000

Yeah, I think of him as a "poor man's OBJ"

Beckham was one of the best WRs in the league, that is not being fair to Smith to expect that in any way.  I just want Smith to be a contributor, stretch the field, make some big plays and w/ Marshall and Decker commanding attention big plays will be available.  I love this WR corps.

I say better. 

+ 1,000,000 lol

eventually we have to get lucky sometime when it comes to the draft right? 

Be awesome to see Smith & Enunwa kicking some azz with all the attention on Marshall & Decker. It's amazing how far we've come when guys like Hakim & Posey are getting cut. Kerley, Owusu, Smith, as 4th,5th,6th WRs. 

We once had Clyde Gates & David Nelson as STARTERS! Holy sh*t! Now we have pros like Marshall & Decker! It's crazy how f*cking awful Jet football had become. And then Rex defenses started letting up big plays, constantly failing to get off the field on 3rd down, my god how the hell did we even stay in those New England games with that roster?

Gives me some hope that this really could be a weird wonderful year with Fitzy surprising & the team believing in him. Move the chains, score in the redzone & dominate on 3rd down on defense, run em into the ground in the 4th quarter.  The recipe works, I hope we can execute Bowles plans. 

OBJ hands are just huge and he's able to make difficult catches look easy. With that said, Devin Smith is a fundamentally sound WR when you really look at his game. One thing that he's excellent at is getting his hands up at the last moment to make a catch, giving a DB little to no time to react to the ball when the DB is playing him and not the ball. 

A guy who became a legend based on this ability, outside of his freakish athleticism? Randy Moss. And because of this ability Smith will ultimately be one of the best deep threats in the game imo. 

OBJ hands are just huge and he's able to make great catches look easy. With that said, Devin Smith is a fundamentally sound WR when you really look at his game. One thing that he's excellent at is getting his hands up at the last minute to make a catch, giving a DB little to know time to react to the ball when the DB is playing him. 

A guy who became a legend based on this ability, outside of his freakish athleticism? Randy Moss. 

OBJ is obviously a beast but NO ONE thought he would be as good as he is.  

before we go crazy calling him the next OBJ, let's see this player on the field. Broken ribs with punctured lungs doesn't sound like something that you can just walk off. 

But he missed all of training camp ....  JUST LIKE OBJ!!!!  Plus, he's also a wide receiver!!

Clearly they're on identical trajectories...

But he missed all of training camp ....  JUST LIKE OBJ!!!!  Plus, he's also a wide receiver!!

Would make sense if thats what he said.  Not seeing how our version and won't even sniff those numbers says they're on identical trajectories. 

Would make sense if thats what he said.  Not seeing how our version and won't even sniff those numbers says they're on identical trajectories. 

That's the problem; too many people don't bother to read what is actually posted, in their race to make clever comments.  

Based on this post I can see why you are on the practice squad....  READ then POST.  That's how it works. 

some of us knew he was going to be great. It's just that there were louder fans who insisted marqise lee was going to be much better ?

Sorry I am not buying it.  Sure I thought he had the potential to be great EVENTUALLY. But anyone who says they anticipated a season like that is not being honest.  There was absolutely no reason to think he would have that kind of season, especially after missing all preseason and the first 4 regular season games.  Come on get real. 

the best case scenario is steve smith jr or whatever his name is.

little dude who plays bigger than his size

D. Smith is about the same height and weight as OBJ and about an inch or two taller than Steve Smith.  Still if he puts up Steve Smith numbers I will be a very happy camper. 

Archived