Sane Pats fans concerned about this Game!!

Charlie Brown

Here is a Pats link and they have more faith in the Jets than some of us. They are worried about this game more than we are very interesting......

This typical of the comments:

"Let's not forget adding Revis, Cromartie, Skrines and Gilchrist to their ONLY weakness on defense makes their defense one of the best in football. Also, adding Marshall and Fitzpatrick to the offense makes it a tough offense to play due to a physical running game opens up the play action. Marshall is a beast and is a perfect compliment for Decker. Ivory is a beast, very difficult to tackle. Marshall and Ivory scare the hell outta me, not embarrassed to admit. This is gonna be a tough physical game. I'd love for the Pats to romp, but it's gonna be thisclose.

If Rex had those additions while coaching the Jets, he would've done a better job, though maybe not as good as the current coaching staff."

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/were-on-to-the-jets.1124647/page-2

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, a bunch of guys over there worried a bit.  Doesn't show up in their prediction thread though.  Some fun discussions/arguments though.  If anyone bored, join in.  I'm seriously (and predictably) outnumbered over there.  My username there is JetFan79. 

It doesn't matter who plays on that line, holding can beat anyone. 

LMAO! This hurts but it's true. The refs are the single most important component of this game. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that in the trenches this is a mismatch but in Goodells pass happy NFL where star QBs are put on pedestals, and lousy Olineman are allowed to hold as long as they keep their elbows in it's not easy to win one on one matchups if the refs swallow their whistles.

Both the Eagles & Redskins were undermanned on the Oline & not one F*CKING holding called in 8 quarters. Think about that! In a game in which someone like John Madden says you probably could call a hold on every other play, no holding calls in 8 quarters vs what everyone says is a top 3 defensive line. 

And a sub-2 second release.

why does this impress anyone?  Then pinch the safeties up and tackle well...the steelers and colts lost to this team by 7...and Brady every year is in the bottom 3 connecting on passes that travel over 9 yards in the air.  

Brady has 2 seconds to throw at revis...who knows it's coming at one thousand 1 one thousand 2...turn your head because the INT is on it's way.

No secondary knows the patriots offense better than ours.  Including both CBs having won in Foxboro in the play-offs vs this very same offense...

glad our CBs aren't as scared as our fanbase...

man these over dramatic scared posts irritate me...

Yup, a bunch of guys over there worried a bit.  Doesn't show up in their prediction thread though.  Some fun discussions/arguments though.  If anyone bored, join in.  I'm seriously (and predictably) outnumbered over there.  My username there is JetFan79. 

Why would you go to another team's board? ;)

CRxIReTXAAAotLH.png

LOL.  And on the other side, we have Mo, Sheldon, Leo, Snacks, Coples, Douzable......d-line needs to eat this game

I recall the exact same being said about Washington last week ... how few starts their O line had, how we'd be sacking Cousins all day long.

Patsies are 5-0 with most of that line - I think there's only one change this week.

Yup, a bunch of guys over there worried a bit.  Doesn't show up in their prediction thread though.  Some fun discussions/arguments though.  If anyone bored, join in.  I'm seriously (and predictably) outnumbered over there.  My username there is JetFan79

Sh*t. 

I would watch the screen game very carefully. The screen can go to Edelman, Amendola, Lewis and Gronk. Plus at home Brady can audible at will. On the road it is a different story. The other worry I have is that Blount is big and deceptively fast but if he gets past the D Line and gets going he is tough to bring down by LBs and especially DBs. He is one big and ugly SOB. 

I would watch the screen game very carefully. The screen can go to Edelman, Amendola, Lewis and Gronk. Plus at home Brady can audible at will. On the road it is a different story. The other worry I have is that Blount is big and deceptively fast but if he gets past the D Line and gets going he is tough to bring down by LBs and especially DBs. He is one big and ugly SOB. 

I would move the safeties up.  Im not afraid of any of their WRs beating us deep outside of Gronk.  Im not sure I wouldn't have everyone within 15 yards of the line of scrimmage.  As they throw the screen, their should be 2 LBs and 2-3 DBs in the area...along with dlineman in pursuit.  Keep their offense in a phone booth.  

I would move the safeties up.  Im not afraid of any of their WRs beating us deep outside of Gronk.  Im not sure I wouldn't have everyone within 15 yards of the line of scrimmage.  As they throw the screen, their should be 2 LBs and 2-3 DBs in the area...along with dlineman in pursuit.  Keep their offense in a phone booth.  

Agreed 100%. LaFell is back so he could be a concern in terms of a deep threat but he is rusty at best. Only problem with keeping everyone in is that if Blount somehow runs through the initial tackles he is gone. 

Here is a Pats link and they have more faith in the Jets than some of us. They are worried about this game more than we are very interesting......

This typical of the comments:

"Let's not forget adding Revis, Cromartie, Skrines and Gilchrist to their ONLY weakness on defense makes their defense one of the best in football. Also, adding Marshall and Fitzpatrick to the offense makes it a tough offense to play due to a physical running game opens up the play action. Marshall is a beast and is a perfect compliment for Decker. Ivory is a beast, very difficult to tackle. Marshall and Ivory scare the hell outta me, not embarrassed to admit. This is gonna be a tough physical game. I'd love for the Pats to romp, but it's gonna be thisclose.

If Rex had those additions while coaching the Jets, he would've done a better job, though maybe not as good as the current coaching staff."

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/were-on-to-the-jets.1124647/page-2

Only thing is the Jets do not do play action all that much.  They shotgun a lot.  They should be concerned. They have a home game and that is an advantage to them, but I don't think it is a walkover by any stretch. I would not be surprised if the Jets won this.  I think they have a better chance when they play them later at home.  Fitz has to play a very clean game.

Only thing is the Jets do not do play action all that much.  They shotgun a lot.  They should be concerned. They have a home game and that is an advantage to them, but I don't think it is a walkover by any stretch. I would not be surprised if the Jets won this.  I think they have a better chance when they play them later at home.  Fitz has to play a very clean game, regardless.

Archived