Should've gone for it on 4th & 1, Marshall's drop and other Obvious Overreactions

CobraVerde

in the first half before Brady got the ball back and two plays later was practically at the same spot. the subsequent scores gave them back the momentum and we were chasing them even when we gained the lead. Shouldve risked it even though the right call was to punt it. I felt like our offense could compete with theirs but mental mistakes were all over the place. 

Marshall's drop was practically the game. That wouldve been a huge confidence booster to us and blow to them. 

DLine freaking disappeared and the injuries at safety opened a Pandora's Box

Fitz played about as good as he's gonna play i think

Team needs a RB

in the first half before Brady got the ball back and two plays later was practically at the same spot. the subsequent scores gave them back the momentum and we were chasing them even when we gained the lead. Shouldve risked it even though the right call was to punt it. I felt like our offense could compete with theirs but mental mistakes were all over the place. 

Marshall's drop was practically the game. That wouldve been a huge confidence booster to us and blow to them. 

Team needs a RB

They need a scatback. Get one in the draft. They need a punter. Get one in the draft. They need an OLB that can rush (needed that for awhile) maybe Mauldin can become that

This game came down to:

-Lack of running game on offense.  Not activating Ridley is an unexcusable mistake by the coaching staff.

-Losing the field position battle.

-Fitz gifting them 3 points with a fumble.

-Marshall dropping a TD costing us 4 points.

-Lack of pass rush on defense.  Bowles runs a great D, but he still needs to hone his gamesmanship skills vs. Belichick/Brady.  They never forced that big turnover.

This game came down to:

-Lack of running game on offense.  Not activating Ridley is an unexcusable mistake by the coaching staff.

-Lack of pass rush on defense.  Bowles runs a great D, but he still needs to hone his gamesmanship skills vs. Belichick/Brady.  They never forced that big turnover.

The fumble by Brady that got kicked right back at him was a big play too. 

Team needs a RB

Marshall drop was big was so was his onside kick recovery. Then he moves and is penalized. Up and down game, but I agree with mental mistakes. First time I felt compelled to criticize Todd Bowles on lack of timeout usage. He coached almost like Rex, throwing inopportune blitzes that caught defense wide open, poor clock mangement. Seems to me Bowles has done better. It's only one loss and Jets can't let it get in their heads.

I think this was a big time learning experience for Bowles.  As solid as he's been he's still a rookie HC with a lot to learn.  He's a hard worker who will figure it out.  Not saying we'll beat the Pats next time but I guarantee a lot more prepared coach and team.

This game came down to:

we did force the turnover .  Just bounced right back to Brady.

This game came down to:

Unexcusable? If a guy isn't ready, he isn't ready. The Jets also have a roster squeeze. Cutting Weatherford after this weekend will be helpful. 

Marshall had the game in his hands and he dropped it.  

Brady is just a great QB. He outduelled Fitz. That simple. The Pats did all they could to stop the run and put the game in Fitzpatrick's hands to win. He lost.

clock management was an issue for today. Can't believe how many teams are this bad and it always looks like the Jets are.

What this game proved is that despite the loss the jets are a good team. This is a game that they could have and probably should have won in the pats backyard. 3rd and 17 and Marshall's drop were 2 huge plays that the jets didn't make. There is talent on this team. They just lost a close game to a team that knows how to win with a HOF QB. Look at the rest of this schedule. I see 10-6 and wild card in the future.

This game came down to:

These, plus Wilk not being to hold onto the ball he tipped. 

What this game proved is that despite the loss the jets are a good team. This is a game that they could have and probably should have won in the pats backyard. 3rd and 17 and Marshall's drop were 2 huge plays that the jets didn't make. There is talent on this team. They just lost a close game to a team that knows how to win with a HOF QB. Look at the rest of this schedule. I see 10-6 and wild card in the future.

This was the type of game where the team with Brady wins 8 or 9 out of every 10 times the game is played. It's really that simple.

He carved us up down the stretch while Fitz was throwing back shoulder to WR's who wanted the ball out front of them....that is when Fitz wasn't getting passes batted down at the line of  scrimmage.  Fitz actually played pretty close to his ceiling when you factor in his runs and against most opponents would have came away with the W.

They need a scatback. Get one in the draft. They need a punter. Get one in the draft. They need an OLB that can rush (needed that for awhile) maybe Mauldin can become that

Mauldin needs a chance to show he can do. Pace is done as a pass rusher. He looks like he is running in mud with no burst at all.

It what 2nd and 3, if he calls time out and the pats convert in the next two plays the game is over right there. Not calling TO was actually the intelligent move in that situation 

Agree.  Clock management was not why we lost.  They needed a stop or a turnover - there was still plenty of time if they got the stop.  Saving the TO's for an offense that's incapable of the big play is the smart move.  This isn't a quick strike offense so you need them to drive down the field.

Archived