Alex Marvez w/ interesting comment about Paxton Lynch

AFJF

Was listening to Marvez on NFL radio on the drive home and talking about Paxton Lych he said he "knows for a fact" that several teams have Lynch as the number one QB on their board because his skills give him a higher ceiling than all of the QB's in the class.  

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from rotoworld for what it is worth.  he will need to sit at least a year

Speaking to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's Bob McGinn, an anonymous scout described Memphis QB Paxton Lynch as "a ways away mentally."
"The overall maturity level and disposition, I'd be a bit concerned," the scout said. Lynch reportedly performed poorly on the Wonderlic. Lynch is an exceptional athlete, and has a huge arm. He was highly productive for the Tigers. There's a strong chance he goes on day one of the draft. 

Just now, Lupz27 said:

So did Jeff George 

Correct, but Lynch's standing applies to what's going to happen in this year's draft so I'm more concerned with that than I am with Jeff George.

Just now, jbt said:

from rotoworld for what it is worth.  he will need to sit at least a year

Speaking to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's Bob McGinn, an anonymous scout described Memphis QB Paxton Lynch as "a ways away mentally."
"The overall maturity level and disposition, I'd be a bit concerned," the scout said. Lynch reportedly performed poorly on the Wonderlic. Lynch is an exceptional athlete, and has a huge arm. He was highly productive for the Tigers. There's a strong chance he goes on day one of the draft. 

I made a comment he reminds me of Sanchez with his goofiness, and personality 

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Correct, but Lynch's standing applies to what's going to happen in this year's draft so I'm more concerned with that than I am with Jeff George.

What, you don't want to discuss a guy that was drafted twenty years ago? C'mon it'll give you big time sports knowledge cred.

24 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

So did Jeff George 

And?  

Does this mean that you avoid all big arm, high upside, big talent QBs because it didn't work out with George it can't work out with every one who has similar talent?

Great to hear. Whatever. If you gotta move up for the guy it just better not include a first or Mo. The Jets need to be drafting top 3-4 QBs every year going forward to be honest and I guess I'll take Lynch over Cook or Hackenberg. If that takes a second or something to jump a couple spots, sure. Fine. Go ahead.

I'm not asking trying to be a smart a$$. I'm just asking because I don't watch alot of college ball.  Is Lynch's physical talent alot better than Petty's?  I thought Petty was supposed to have a big arm and all the physical tools. He just needed time to learn the pro game.  Is Lynch basically the same situation?

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Look at this fickimg stronzo 

image.jpeg

I just saw him on ESPN early today and the dude seems like such a ******* toolbag. But Big Ben's a ******* toolbag, Eli and Luck are herbs, Wilson's a virgin, Brady's a cheater,  and Peyton was a mook. So I don't even know what to make of anything anymore.

2 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I'm not asking trying to be a smart a$$. I'm just asking because I don't watch alot of college ball.  Is Lynch's physical talent alot better than Petty's?  I thought Petty was supposed to have a big arm and all the physical tools. He just needed time to learn the pro game.  Is Lynch basically the same situation?

3 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

From what I've seen of Lych, he's got a stronger arm and mobility far superior to that of Petty.  Petty was considered a 4th/5th rounder, and Lych is a first round lock/potential top 10 pick.

17 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I just saw him on ESPN early today and the dude seems like such a ******* toolbag. But Big Ben's a ******* toolbag, Eli and Luck are herbs, Wilson's a virgin, Brady's a cheater,  and Peyton was a mook. So I don't even know what to make of anything anymore.

Don't forget Rivers, total doof. You might be on to something.

Maybe even the ultimate fix for NY sports. Yankees trade ARod to the Jets to play QB.

12 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I read a report today that Lynch's wonderlic score was 18. Doesn't that worry anyone else? 

Me, if it's true.

The QB game in the NFL is as much mental as it it physical...and while the Wonderlic isn't a tell all, a low score on it doesn't give me a lot of confidence.

The flip side is that even with a good Wonderlic score, that player can have little football sense or IQ (ala Geno)...so who knows.

10 minutes ago, C Mart said:

FWIW.  

sCpnRj0F_normal.jpg Greg Gabriel (@greggabe)
People who say they know where a player is on some teams boards are lying. There are scouts who don't know their clubs board until draft day

Fair point, but at the same time, Marvez was speaking to where he was ranked among the QB's, not where he was on their board. 

I fully understand that some media types have to make up stories to get clicks, but when you see Lynch's physical tools, is it that hard to believe that some teams have him as their number one?  Marvez even specified in saying that he's number one based on skills/ceiling while saying some of the teams are also aware of the fact that is "floor is scarier" than the other QBs as well.

Archived