Geno Smith to start on Sunday vs the Ravens

Maxman

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of surprised, was under the impression Bowles's hands were tied until Petty was ready...Maybe the CS has actually seen improvement in his play and fought for one last shot before he's a FA?  Could be interesting to see how the rest of this season progresses with the young QB's....Do they get to the point where maybe they release Fitz to get Petty and Hack more reps????  Hmmmmmm

Just now, Maxman said:

You have to sit Fitz. I don't care if Geno is the long term answer or not, still have to make this move.

Accountability. You don't perform, you sit. End of story.

If they lose this weekend, there better be someone else hitting the unemployment line.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

You have to sit Fitz. I don't care if Geno is the long term answer or not, still have to make this move.

Exactly. If you don't want Geno to ever see the field, he should have been cut before the season. Now it's too late. Macc/Bowles made this bed...

Just now, Matt39 said:

This is as embarrassing as it gets as a fan. Just plain embarrassing. Coach defends QB after loss then gets undercut by moron owner because he's afraid fans will boo on Sunday. What a ******* joke of a franchise.

COME ON MAN Ryan Fitzpatrick has been terrible worst in the NFL 

Just now, peebag said:

Here's how it pans out:

Geno takes the team and wins 8 or 9 ball games - ownership signs him to a long term mega million deal the following year and then he reverts to the Geno we love to hate.

You know it will happen.

Or Geno Smith leads us to the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This is as embarrassing as it gets as a fan. Just plain embarrassing. Coach defends QB after loss then gets undercut by moron owner because he's afraid fans will boo on Sunday. What a ******* joke of a franchise.

So you want more Fitzsizzle?  What are you a masochist?

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If your theory holds true, then they wouldn't have enough players to play. No one on this team is performing. You can't sit everyone. Sitting the QB is the only move, even if it's a lateral one.

That said, I'll be doing something other than watching the Jets this weekend. I don't need to relive the horrors of 2013 and 2014.

Just now, Pac said:

Where is jetfan80 with my apology?

^^^ Couldn't ignore me if he tried. 

I'm rooting for Bryce Petty to get the nod in 2-3 weeks.  I will not apologize for supporting a QB who actually put together a solid season for this franchise.  He is exactly what he is.  A QB good enough to win games given good circumstances, terrible when circumstances go south.  If Geno is still the hill you wish to die on, however, then have at it.

Archived