Petty

long suffering jets fan

3 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

I didn't like Petty as a prospect but he he showed me some things tonight and frankly I'm shocked our coaching staff is so dumb he didn't start since week 2.  He fits Gailey's spread offense he just needs reps to get better.

There is nothing this CS has done that could convince me that they could coach an Andrew Luck if he fell into their laps, let alone players of lesser skill. I completely agree Petty would be further along had he played earlier in the season if for no other reason than reps.

12 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Looking forward to seeing Petty improve the rest of the season.  He looks shaky today, but he'll get better.  If not at least we know we have to look elsewhere. 

He looks like deer sh*t

NEXT

26 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

So far he's been hot and cold, live arm, but on again off again accuracy and hasn't made great decisions. 

that comes with experience, and if not look somewhere else.  at least wewill know what we have in petty

45 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Looking forward to seeing Petty improve the rest of the season.  He looks shaky today, but he'll get better.  If not at least we know we have to look elsewhere. 

He's a f*cking douchebag for coming out and throwing almost exclusively to Anderson. That's his way of saying "FU" to Bowles. Guaranteed. 

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

He's a f*cking douchebag for coming out and throwing almost exclusively to Anderson. That's his way of saying "FU" to Bowles. Guaranteed. 

No way.  A young guy with potentially tens of millions of dollars in future earnings off in the distance, does not use a Monday Night Football appearance to say FU to the head coach, at the expense of a good performance.

The mistakes he made staring down Anderson are his.  If he learns from it, great.  If, in game 16, he's doing that same sh*t, Jets are looking to a FA QB for next year.

4 minutes ago, rbstern said:

No way.  A young guy with potentially tens of millions of dollars in future earnings off in the distance, does not use a Monday Night Football appearance to say FU to the head coach, at the expense of a good performance.

The mistakes he made staring down Anderson are his.  If he learns from it, great.  If, in game 16, he's doing that same sh*t, Jets are looking to a FA QB for next year.

He was throwing to anderson because that is where the single coverage was and he is essentially a rookie

13 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

He was throwing to anderson because that is where the single coverage was and he is essentially a rookie

He's not a rookie and that last pick was Not against a single coverage. The one time he threw to Marshall was a pretty sh*tty overthrow. 

13 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Throwing is one thing.  Staring down is another. Good QBs don't let defenses know where the ball is going with their eyes for the entire 2 to 3 seconds before the ball is in the air.  They move coverage with their eyes.  Petty gives himself a much better chance if he looks into the double coverage like he might go there, and throws elsewhere.

Hopefully, with more experience, he gets there.

21 minutes ago, rbstern said:

You'd think. The entire stadium knew the ball was headed Andersons way after the first 4-5 pass attempts. 

2 minutes ago, j4jets said:

He's not a rookie and that last pick was Not against a single coverage. The one time he threw to Marshall was a pretty sh*tty overthrow. 

He was doing a Fitzpatrick impersonation.. fitz pick end of half wasn't a jets anywhere near.. Petty is basically a rookie, when you come from a program such a Baylor you are a 2 yr rookie.. 

4 minutes ago, j4jets said:

He didn't look great. But you know he barely practiced all week as the backup? He goes into the game knowing we are going to pass every down. Makes it tough to succeed. Let's give him a full week of practice and give him a chance to fail. 

4 minutes ago, rbstern said:

Throwing is one thing.  Staring down is another. Good QBs don't let defenses know where the ball is going with their eyes for the entire 2 to 3 seconds before the ball is in the air.  They move coverage with their eyes.  Petty gives himself a much better chance if he looks into the double coverage like he might go there, and throws elsewhere.

Hopefully, with more experience, he gets there.

I never said he played good...just reasoning why he was always looking at anderson...and mybreasoning is because that was his pre snap read for single coverage right or wrong...

I would like to see how he progresses over next 4 games now that he will get 1st team practice reps and coaching...I think he will make his case

1 minute ago, slowmoe57 said:

After tonight I was gonna actually pass up watching next weeks game for the 1st time in a long time. But with Petty starting I may as well endure it. Just to see if there is a glimmer of hope.

That's what I've been saying for a while. The crowd doesn't boo on that first drive if we had started Petty tonight. The fans can be tough, but we'd give the kid a chance. Maybe they would have only booed the defense. 

Petty is horrible but good for the tank. Not that Fitz is anything guys a joke but was afraid he would somehow pull off 1 more win. Future looks ugly. Bad HC and no QBs. Guessing next years QBs will be 1) bad vet off the street 2) hack 3) the rookie we draft , while Petty is cut . The fact our 2nd round qb can't even suit up and play over Petty is scary .

I thought the game plan was strange with Petty, it was pass every single play.  The last INT, everyone dropped back besides rushing three.  Why not be more balanced?  I'm not saying, feed Forte, but after about 15 straight throws, the defense had to know it was pass coming up.  

Petty didn't look good, missed a few throws.  

2 hours ago, j4jets said:

The reason he probably looked Anderson way so much , is that the Wr he had the most chemistry with. ( who he threw the most with in practice- had more timing with the receiver). 

As backup Qb how many times do you think he threw with B Marshall and the top line talent.

Archived