Pats prove Karma is bullsh*t!

Jetster

How the f*ck are the Pats 61 million under the cap at the start of free agency after winning another Super Bowl? And why would a team like Indy even have anything to do with trades with them when it will come back & bite them in the azz when that TE takes a giant sh*t on them in the endzone?

I keep waiting for this Karma people always speak of to come swooping down over them but it never materializes. Now they go into 2017 with Butler & GILMORE. Of course Gronk will storm back, Allen will be helping AP get the edge & we'll be watching them hoist another Lombardi (destined to be changed to a Belichick)

Gonna be like watching Alabama play Army next year. Not for nothing but can we at least be the team that sandwiches Brady between Leo & Mo and put this guy out to pasture?

We need something to hang our hat on next year.

Just now, Jetster said:

How the f*ck are the Pats 61 million under the cap at the start of free agency after winning another Super Bowl?

Because a great head coach can coach mediocre players up and a bad head coach can coach talented players down.

Belichick, not Brady, is the reason the Patriots are epic.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Because a great head coach can coach mediocre players up and a bad head coach can coach talented players down.

SAR I

OMG! He's a great coach, don't get me wrong but you honestly believe any other QB but Brady would convert 35 FIRST DOWNS & haveno mistakes in the entire 2nd half throwing that much? Give Belichick Ryan Fitzpatrick or Geno Smith or Mark Sánchez & give me the odds of that comeback. Brady is the GOAT! In my mind it was Montana, but you give Tom Brady in his prime Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Brent Jones, Roger Craig, Tom Rathman & that 49er defense he'd be UNBEATABLE.

9 minutes ago, Jetster said:

How the f*ck are the Pats 61 million under the cap at the start of free agency after winning another Super Bowl?

Pretty simple, really:

The don't overspend on name free agents.

They build through the draft and low-cost free agents.

They dump high-cost players long before they're on their last legs.

They have Tom Brady, the best QB who has ever lived.

They have Bill Bellichek, the best Head Coach who has ever lived.

I feel like this isn't so much a discussion on karma as it is about the Law of Averages... 

And when it comes to things like that you need to expand your view a bit... Look how terrible the Patriots were from their inception in 1960 until maybe the 80's and then not again until late 90s or early 2000's.... You could just as easily look at this as the balancing out of how terrible they were all those years.

It's all about what you decide to look at and how you perceive it. 

The law would say that eventually they fall off, but there's more at work than just that law. 

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Pretty simple, really:

They cheat.

27 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Pretty simple, really:

They have Bill Bellichek, the best Head Coach who ever had Tom Brady.

Fixed that for you.

31 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Pretty simple, really:

They only get away with those 3 parts because they have the last two parts.

They cut a 1st rounder 2 years after he was drafted and its a good move cause it is the pats, any other team and its a terrible,

They trade impact players (collins and C Jones) for peanuts when they are ready to get paid, other teams would get killed for giving up their good players and not resigning them.

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

which explains why BB was such a horrific failure as a HC w/o Tom Brady and how he became a genius the moment Brady stepped on the field.

They are great now b/c of both but BB is a HC today all b/c of Tom Brady and Brady taking less allows NE to save cap space and you can put anyone around him and still win so it allows flexibility to not overpay players and move players at will.

45 minutes ago, Jetster said:

OMG! He's a great coach, don't get me wrong but you honestly believe any other QB but Brady would convert 35 FIRST DOWNS & haveno mistakes in the entire 2nd half throwing that much? Give Belichick Ryan Fitzpatrick or Geno Smith or Mark Sánchez & give me the odds of that comeback. Brady is the GOAT! In my mind it was Montana, but you give Tom Brady in his prime Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Brent Jones, Roger Craig, Tom Rathman & that 49er defense he'd be UNBEATABLE.

You are describing a great quarterback of which Tom Brady is one.

But history shows a great quarterback with a crappy defense and mediocre running game or with an average head coach goes nowhere.  Dan Marino, perfect example.  Drew Brees had one magical year, the rest of the time he was wasted.  His predecessor, Archie Manning, even worse. The great Aaron Rodgers?  One Super Bowl.  The great Peyton Manning?  One (really) Super Bowl.  

There's no way that Bill Belichick could have won multiple Championships with the likes of Ryan Fitzpatrick.  But by looking at how many mediocre Patriots played beyond their level it is not much of a stretch to say that Tom Brady is Philip Rivers with a better head coach and a bunch of players who give 200% on every down of every game.  Take a great quarterback, put him into Belichick's culture, he becomes the GOAT. 

Do not underestimate Belichick.  His underpaid defense plays like Champions because they have fire in the belly.  Few others do.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

But history shows a great quarterback with a crappy defense and mediocre running game or with an average head coach goes nowhere.  Dan Marino, perfect example.  Drew Brees had one magical year, the rest of the time he was wasted.  His predecessor, Archie Manning, even worse. The great Aaron Rodgers?  One Super Bowl.  The great Peyton Manning?  One (really) Super Bowl.  

There's no way that Bill Belichick could have won multiple Championships with the likes of Ryan Fitzpatrick.  But by looking at how many mediocre Patriots played beyond their level it is not much of a stretch to say that Tom Brady is Philip Rivers with a better head coach and a bunch of players who give 200% on every down of every game.  Take a great quarterback, put him into Belichick's culture, he becomes the GOAT. 

Do not underestimate Belichick.  His underpaid defense plays like Champions because they have fire in the belly.  Few others do.

SAR I

The great peyton manning had better defenses and run games than Tom Brady, Brady on thsoe Indy/Den teams and he wins 5-6-7 SBs. the NE D's have been highly overrated, they blew both of the SBs they lost and tried to blow a couple of the others only to be rescued by Brady and the O.

BB would be a DC somewhere today if it wasn't for Tom Brady.

Brady is the best QB of all time and it's really not that close anymore, no QB has done more w/ less than Brady.

15 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

which explains why BB was such a horrific failure as a HC w/o Tom Brady and how he became a genius the moment Brady stepped on the field.

They are great now b/c of both but BB is a HC today all b/c of Tom Brady and Brady taking less allows NE to save cap space and you can put anyone around him and still win so it allows flexibility to not overpay players and move players at will.

Don Shula struggled his first few seasons in Baltimore, got fired in fact.  Bill Parcells was almost shown the door by the Giants in his early years, he was almost replaced with Howard Schnellenberger mid-season in fact.

But both were de-facto GM's of their teams and hand picked players that they could motivate.  Bob Griese and Phil Simms are not two of the best quarterbacks of all time.  Their teams were some of the greatest of all time though.  That's the difference.

Saying Belichick is great because of Brady is silly.  There are dozens of good quarterbacks who never had a shot at a Championship because they had mediocre head coaches.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Don Shula struggled his first few seasons in Baltimore, got fired in fact.  Bill Parcells was almost shown the door by the Giants in his early years, he was almost replaced with Howard Schnellenberger mid-season in fact.

But both were de-facto GM's of their teams and hand picked players that they could motivate.  Bob Griese and Phil Simms are not two of the best quarterbacks of all time.  Their teams were some of the greatest of all time though.  That's the difference.

Saying Belichick is great because of Brady is silly.  There are dozens of good quarterbacks who never had a shot at a Championship because they had mediocre head coaches.

SAR I

Shula was 8-6 year 1, 12-2 year 2

Parcells did have an awful first year at 3-12-1 but year 2 he was in the playoffs year 2

BB had losing seasons his first 2 years, had 4 in 5 years in cleveland and 5 in 6 overall befroe Brady became the starter.  NE was 5-11 in 200 then started 0-2 so he was 5-13 his first 18 games w/ NE then magically they go 11-3 the rest of 2001 and win the SB.

BB has developed into a great HC, he was not one when Tom Brady took over.  Brady rescued his HC career and allowed him to develop into a great HC.

yes, Shula won w/ Griese, made a SB w/ david Woodley, Parcells won w/ Simms and Hostetler and made a SB w/ Drew Bledsoe while the ONLY QB BB has ever had to get him to an AFC title game or SB was the greatest QB of all time.

Just now, SAR I said:

SAR I

No one prepares like Brady, no one. Quick snaps, QB keeps, changing into the RIGHT plays, attacking weaknesses. I agree with you that Belichick is the best coach ever, but I also believe that the current coaching crop in the NFL is really subpar to the NFL of old. Mike Shanahan, Joe Gibbs, Chuck Knoll, Don Shula, Jimmy Johnson, Marty Shottenheimer, Bill Parcels, Tom Coughlin,  and many more. I'm not for one moment saying any of these guys is better than Belichick, my point is that is that you only need to look at your own avatar of rookie head coaches the Jets have trotted out there to see BBs competition at headcoach is CRAP!

My Patriots friend up here put it so succinctly talking about that amazing Super Bowl win he had just witnessed. He said if Bill Parcells or Tom Coughlin had been the opposing coaches, the Falcons would have 1- Used every second of the play clock not even allowing time for a comeback & 2- both would have made it VERY CLEAR after Jones caught that ball in FG range that a FG wins it right here, DO NOT F*CK IT UP! He's 100% right!

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Shula was 8-6 year 1, 12-2 year 2

Parcells did have an awful first year at 3-12-1 but year 2 he was in the playoffs year 2

BB had losing seasons his first 2 years, had 4 in 5 years in cleveland and 5 in 6 overall befroe Brady became the starter.  NE was 5-11 in 200 then started 0-2 so he was 5-13 his first 18 games w/ NE then magically they go 11-3 the rest of 2001 and win the SB.

BB has developed into a great HC, he was not one when Tom Brady took over.  Brady rescued his HC career and allowed him to develop into a great HC.

yes, Shula won w/ Griese, made a SB w/ david Woodley, Parcells won w/ Simms and Hostetler and made a SB w/ Drew Bledsoe while the ONLY QB BB has ever had to get him to an AFC title game or SB was the greatest QB of all time.

Shula was 2-3 in the playoffs and suffered humiliating losses when it mattered most.

Bill Belichick did just fine with Drew Bledsoe and did just fine with Brady's replacements when he was hurt or suspended.  The Patriots don't miss a beat no matter who the quarterback is.

A great head coach can get average quarterbacks to the Super Bowl.  A great quarterback can't take an average team to the Super Bowl.  That's why our endless search for a franchise quarterback doesn't matter.  We don't have a franchise head coach.

Think of our run between 1998-2011 and imagine Bill Parcells on the sidelines with Testaverde, Pennington, Favre, Sanchez, Fitzpatrick.  We'd have won a Super Bowl in one of those 14 campaigns, no question.  Al Groh?  Herm Edwards?  Eric Mangini?  Rex Ryan?  Todd Bowles?  These guys are all rookie scum, bunch of nobodies, making on-field mistakes, making no halftime adjustments, building no culture.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Pretty simple, really:

This absolutely and ....

Shrimp Cocktail

Shrimp Stew

Shrimp Toast

Shrimp Salad

Shrimp Gumbo

F**K Shrimp

I am sick of shrimping LOL and want to coach football.

51 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Shula was 2-3 in the playoffs and suffered humiliating losses when it mattered most.

Bill Belichick did just fine with Drew Bledsoe and did just fine with Brady's replacements when he was hurt or suspended.  The Patriots don't miss a beat no matter who the quarterback is.

A great head coach can get average quarterbacks to the Super Bowl.  A great quarterback can't take an average team to the Super Bowl.  That's why our endless search for a franchise quarterback doesn't matter.  We don't have a franchise head coach.

Think of our run between 1998-2011 and imagine Bill Parcells on the sidelines with Testaverde, Pennington, Favre, Sanchez, Fitzpatrick.  We'd have won a Super Bowl in one of those 14 campaigns, no question.  Al Groh?  Herm Edwards?  Eric Mangini?  Rex Ryan?  Todd Bowles?  These guys are all rookie scum, bunch of nobodies, making on-field mistakes, making no halftime adjustments, building no culture.

SAR I

that's better than making 1 postseason in 5 years, right?

BB did just fine w/ Drew Bledsoe?  he was 5-13 w/ him.  

Shula made SBs w/ Earl Morrall, Bob Griese, David Woodley and dan Marino.  BB made SBs w/ Tom Brady

Tom Brady made the Pats dynasty not BB.  BB is a big part of it but w/o Brady he's a DC somewhere today.

Just now, nyjunc said:

that's better than making 1 postseason in 5 years, right?

BB did just fine w/ Drew Bledsoe?  he was 5-13 w/ him.  

Shula made SBs w/ Earl Morrall, Bob Griese, David Woodley and dan Marino.  BB made SBs w/ Tom Brady

Tom Brady made the Pats dynasty not BB.  BB is a big part of it but w/o Brady he's a DC somewhere today.

So Tom Brady under Todd Bowles would have a better record than Philip Rivers under Bill Belichick?

Sorry, not buying.

SAR I

I think it is so ironic that they are trading for Brandin Cooks... the guy that the Pats couldn't cover during their training camp workouts with the Saints.  Also the guy many of us were banging the table for Idziot to draft.

Instead, we have a worthless safety named Calvin Pryor that is soon to be out of the league.

Let's be honest, once Brady retires the Pats will not be the dominant force they are now. 

I get that they won games with Garappalo and Brissett. I get that the coach is great and the system is a big part of their ability to score points. 

I just don't see the same dominant consistency from them once Brady retires. He will not play another 5 years. I don't care what he says. I give him 3 seasons tops. And that's if he stays healthy.

The Patriots are also 2 games on the Jets schedule. That is how the Jets should approach the pats. Just another 2 games. The Jets, if they find their own QB, can very well win the division and still lose both games to the Pats. 

42 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Let's be honest, once Brady retires the Pats will not be the dominant force they are now. 

I get that they won games with Garappalo and Brissett. I get that the coach is great and the system is a big part of their ability to score points. 

I just don't see the same dominant consistency from them once Brady retires. He will not play another 5 years. I don't care what he says. I give him 3 seasons tops. And that's if he stays healthy.

The Patriots are also 2 games on the Jets schedule. That is how the Jets should approach the pats. Just another 2 games. The Jets, if they find their own QB, can very well win the division and still lose both games to the Pats. 

also long as there are incompetent GMs and head coaches out there...if the patriots without brady still operate under the same philosophy i'm sure they could still win some more SBs down the line. As much as they been going on (winning) it amazes me how many fans, teams and front office peoples...still just don't get it. 

5 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

also long as there are incompetent GMs and head coaches out there...if the patriots without brady still operate under the same philosophy i'm sure they could still win some more SBs down the line. As much as they been going on (winning) it amazes me how many fans, teams and front office peoples...still just don't get it. 

Agreed, the coaches just aren't very good. No way Coughlin loses that lead in that Super Bowl, he bleeds every second out of that clock. Falcons were snapping the ball with 15/20 seconds still on the game clock? It truly amazing me how STUPID that loss really was,lol.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

So Tom Brady under Todd Bowles would have a better record than Philip Rivers under Bill Belichick?

Sorry, not buying.

SAR I

ryan fitzpatrick under Todd Bowles had 2 less wins than Brady under BB 2 years ago so yeah I would say so.  Rivers is one of the most overrated QBs of this generation, a pure meaningless #s guy who melts in big moments.

14 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Agreed, the coaches just aren't very good. No way Coughlin loses that lead in that Super Bowl, he bleeds every second out of that clock. Falcons were snapping the ball with 15/20 seconds still on the game clock? It truly amazing me how STUPID that loss really was,lol.

yeah, coughlin teams never blew late leads:lol:

The pats being 60 million under the cap isn't that good for them.  They will likely lose more talent than they will gain in FA.  Yes they just scored Gilmore at a high tag, bu that probably means they trade Butler and Ryan goes away.  That's a net talent loss and a net cap rise for their secondary compared to last year.  They likely lose Bennet and Hightower, Branch now costs them a bunch.  The flip side is they likely will have multiple 3rd comp picks as a consequence.

The Pats drafted amazingly in the early 2010s and were able to assemble a dominant young D on rookie salaries, and thus were able to Pay a lot of offense, thus giving them both a good D and a good O.  However their entire D has turned over and come of age, so that means they'll have to repeat the great drafting in order to maintain the same level.  I actually expect them to be a little less good next year until their new draft picks pick up the slack.

18 minutes ago, AzogtheDefiler said:

Pretty sure NE went 3-1 w/o Brady this yr...

which means what?  they had a cupcake sched that first month and they did a good job w/o him.  BB is a great coach now, he can adapt.  he wouldn't win SBs w/o him but he can win some games.

Archived