The Official "Fire Tanny" Thread

lancemehl

Someone has to go for dropping the ball, right? Well, it seems that everyone on the staff has at least showed up to work, and the players are out there playing. I think we need to look at Mr. Flip-Flops and what the f--- did he do (or NOT do) in this offseason. We are certainly not in the business of giving lifetime achievement awards. This guy didn't finish the job. He barely even tried.

Coming off a year where we were inches away. On defense, we have held steady in the top three for two years now, and this was WITHOUT any signs of life as far as pass rush. It was clear that if we took care of that dimension, we wouldve been a very special defense. So, Flip-Flop storms into the FA hunt..........and all we hear is rumors about some CB from Oakland........what?????

NO PUSH for Cullen Jenkins from GB, a "great pass rusher". NO PUSH for Mathias Kiwanikias ? the Giants "extra" pass rusher. No, only another CB! Wow. And to boot, we ship off our best lineman, Ellis, and let JT go, the only guy on the team who could get near the Qb, which is sad.lol

There wasn't even chatter. I wonder if he ever left his pool deck this summer, whatta you think? I guess he figured that Muhammad Wilkerson would be a sure thing. Oh, and his master plan............Aaron Maybin aka Buffalo's Vernon Gholston.

And speaking of Buffalo. He must've lost badly at poker night over at Buddy Nix's house, because they punked us this year:

Besides the pass rush, on offense all we needed to do was continue the 'ground and pound" philosophy and let Sanchez blossom in year three.

So, naturally, he gets right to widdling down the offensive explosiveness by letting 28 year old Jerrich Cotchery, the heart and soul of the offense, and 28 year old Braylon Edwards, a pleasant surprise who wanted to play here, walk away.

This not only destroyed the chemistry built between Sanchez and his three receivers, but he decided they were too young and fast, so he instead pays up on the poker money he lost to Plaxico's agent and brings in the 34 year old who had been out of football for two years and realizing he still had one stupid slot to fill and not trying to look to hard, he went for the classic "great receiver who is no longer viable but needs a check"

This destroyed our team that was RIGHT THERE! Subtraction by subtraction! So, that and the lack of ANYTHING even remotely productive coming from Flip-flop's office had him very close to the chair, but watching the Bills game put him over the edge.........

For his magnum opus, flip-flop decides that stripping a decade off of the team's wideouts and trading 2 role players who were happy to be here for two malcontents who are collecting a few bonus checks before retiring.....wasn't enough.....as disgusting as it was.

He decides to also eliminate another whole dimension from our offense, something we held over the rest of the division, an edge, an invaluable commodity, our secret weapon, our do-it-all.....Brad Smith!!! and not just let him walk out the door, for no reason....but Flip-Flop ships him to Buffalo!! So, he can sh*t on our defense twice a year.

So, this bum took a team that was peaking over the fence at the big game and ripped apart one half of it! How could this nerd think that taking Brad Smith, J Cothery, and B Edwards off this offense, with a diminished OL would yield the same results? It is niot the same team. It has been gutted. Kris Jenkins said it---"rebuilding"

**We are joking here about the card games, of course, but really I can see NO other reason for these bonehead moves. Thank you Tanny, for swiftly un-doing anything you did and taking an 11-5 team right into a rebuilding year. haha IDK, if you have a team that makes it to the AFC title.....you leave it the f--- alone!!! Or at least don't break it off in clumps. Retarded move after retarded move. Covertly hiding amidst the "schotty Mob Scene" Not anymore, Flip-Flop! I'm on to you, get the f--- outta dodge!

Same ol Jets!! (remember how long it was to get back since 98 ---- ruined by one guy over a pina coloda haha A-hole!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure there's one single thing in that post that's actually correct. Which is pretty funny considering there's a number of legitimate things to criticize Tanny for, you just managed not to mention a single one of them.

I'm just going to assume your right, and rep you for it.

I just want to know why he is stitting on $8,000,000 in cap space

super mario ?

cuz if you basically throw this season away,(letting edwards and smith go, cotchery, don't bother to sign any o-line help when internet posters know you are thin) you better have a blockbuster in mind

I didn't read the whole thing, but I'm pretty sure I saw explosiveness and Cotchery in the same sentence.

I didn't read any of it but I almost locked it. I think it is an attempt at satire. I will wait for Cliff to give us his notes.

I just want to know why he is stitting on $8,000,000 in cap space

super mario ?

cuz if you basically throw this season away,(letting edwards and smith go, cotchery, don't bother to sign any o-line help when internet posters know you are thin) you better have a blockbuster in mind

I'm not sure, but I think there is still time to renegotiate contracts to use up the space so that we gain that room for next year's FA class. I think under the old rules they could do it until December.

I didn't read any of it but I almost locked it. I think it is an attempt at satire. I will wait for Cliff to give us his notes.

That is the real beauty of this thread. It's just ****ed up enough that it might be for real!

And "widdling"!

I think this team needs more wilding and less widdling!

Let's be honest ...

Our O-Line is essentially the same one that played well at the end of last year and in the post-season, really not missing a beat even AFTER Woody got hurt.

Did anyone REALLY think it would be this bad this year? I'll admit, not me.

Now if you want to get on Tanny for not securing some good backups, or misjudging Ducasse, I'll buy that, but that's as much Rex and the staff's fault as much as it is Tannenbaum.

Additionally, losing a versatile backup in Turner, then your Pro Bowl Center for 3 weeks are tough things to overcome, especially in the first 5 weeks of the season.

Blaming Tanny might be the stupidest thing in the world at this point. This is the guy who drafted our best players. He's the one that traded up for Darrelle Revis, drafting Nick Mangold, Ferguson, trading for Holmes, grabbing Wilkerson, drafting David Harris.

Has he had his best draft last year and the year before that? I would say yes. However, look at the Pats. They cut more 2nd and 3rd picks than anyone in this league. It's extremely hard to draft 2-3 players that turn into pro-bowlers.

This is one of those threads that, if the season collapses and Tanny does get fired, gets necro'ed and lancemehl looks prescient while everyone who MF'ed him looks as stupid as all those dickholes who compared Herm Edwards to Bill Belichick.

Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any dumber, look who shows up.

This is one of those threads that, if the season collapses and Tanny does get fired, gets necro'ed and lancemehl looks prescient while everyone who MF'ed him looks as stupid as all those dickholes who compared Herm Edwards to Bill Belichick.

No, it really doesn't. Ultimately being right about a point doesn't make the reasoning used even slightly correct. With that logic Herm Edwards was a great HC until he got fired from the Chiefs, as despite how many of us wanted him fired, he kept his job with the Jets year after year until another team actually traded for him. Not to mention, Chad Pennington was also one of the best QB's in the league until finally getting cut in 2008, at which point he was proven to be one of the worst. And of course, Brian Schottenheimer is a great young offensive mind, because he's had his job for 6 years, unless he gets fired, then he sucks.

Blaming Tanny might be the stupidest thing in the world at this point. This is the guy who drafted our best players. He's the one that traded up for Darrelle Revis, drafting Nick Mangold, Ferguson, trading for Holmes, grabbing Wilkerson, drafting David Harris.

Has he had his best draft last year and the year before that? I would say yes. However, look at the Pats. They cut more 2nd and 3rd picks than anyone in this league. It's extremely hard to draft 2-3 players that turn into pro-bowlers.

I don't think that Tannenbaum deserves such great credit for drafting those guys, but the one thing I like is that he has a very good record with the guys that he has traded up for - Revis and Harris were two excellent picks. Keller was a decent value where they got him and I don't think you can complain about Greene either. While the jury is still out on Sanchez, I don't think you can complain too much about that one seeing on how successful the team has been and he's a day one starter. The trade up for Clemens is the only one I can think of off-hand where he targeted somebody that didn't work out.

No, it really doesn't. Ultimately being right about a point doesn't make the reasoning used even slightly correct. With that logic Herm Edwards was a great HC until he got fired from the Chiefs, as despite how many of us wanted him fired, he kept his job with the Jets year after year until another team actually traded for him. Not to mention, Chad Pennington was also one of the best QB's in the league until finally getting cut in 2008, at which point he was proven to be one of the worst. And of course, Brian Schottenheimer is a great young offensive mind, because he's had his job for 6 years, unless he gets fired, then he sucks.

I didn't really read the OP and I certainly don't think Tannenbaum deserves to be fired (as yet). I was moreso commenting on message board culture, where the denizens close ranks around "their guy" until that guy is fired, at which point amnesia sets in and those same rank-closers trash the guy they once protected.

Without looking, I'll guarantee that there are more than a few posts sitting on Page 10 (or so) talking about what a great signing Derrick Mason was and how he's an uber-competitive, savvy vet who will push this offense towards greatness.

I didn't really read the OP and I certainly don't think Tannenbaum deserves to be fired (as yet). I was moreso commenting on message board culture, where the denizens close ranks around "their guy" until that guy is fired, at which point amnesia sets in and those same rank-closers trash the guy they once protected.

Without looking, I'll guarantee that there are more than a few posts sitting on Page 10 (or so) talking about what a great signing Derrick Mason was and how he's an uber-competitive, savvy vet who will push this offense towards greatness.

Yeah, I hear you... and my point was why said message board culture is freakin' retarded. :-P

Archived