Anyone else depressed?

Ghost

Been a fan for 23 years now. Its been a hard road. I get more upset when I think we have a playoff team and they dont make it. 97,99,00 and 08 were the most disappointing for me. If they do not make the playoffs this season which its pretty grim but I am an optimist, Ill add this one to those years.

As a lifelong Jets fan I've learned how to cope with the disappointment of a late season Jets collapse-you turn off the TV set and do something else that you like on a Sunday afternoon. Now I've suffered through a LOT of bad seasons in the 70's and 80's and my fingernails would be gone and my callouses would be bloody-I had to stop watching-just like this coming week-I can't put Jimmy through what the Jets have planned for him...he ain't tuning in-I will have it on record-just in case and blast through it if we win

43 years-God help me-I don't think I even had pubes when I watched the Jets beat the Baltimore Colts that icy cold January day-the sad part is I don't think I'll live to ever see another...

Sad that i have been suffering a couple years longer than you. The 1969-70 Trifecta was the high point of my life as a fan

43 years. Watched SB lll. Used to having the heart smashed at the rocks for all these years. When we got the ball at the 50 with 5:00 to go, I thought we might pull the game out. The Jets always find new and creative ways to devastate their fans. Once they finished that utterly retarded possession......they gave up. Add to that Rex getting schooled by the Mensa member Brandon jacobs, and I am still irritated. I have zero intention of watching the coming loss against Miami.

Thank goodness for the New York Rangers.

This loss wasn't really that bad, I expected it and came to grips with being done for the season sometime around the Denver debacle. There is actually a relief that goes with the Jets being done - I knew they couldn't win it all but they dragged me along for a 15-week roller coaster. Now I can have my life back and stop paying attention to the NFL for a few months.

Schott will be gone in a few weeks and we'll see what Sanchez can do next year with a new coach and a built in excuse. I don't believe in 1-year fixes but if there is any chance of getting Peyton to NY you do it. All 3 phases of the game would improve immediately with Manning. While this year's D wasn't special, you put Manning on Offense and the D improves overnight.

As a complete football junkie I watch as much NFL, college football as possible. During the season I always have some games to look foward to watching whether live or DVR etc. so no ..............I am not very depressed about the NYJ being out of it just embarrased by the type of losses to the Eagles and Giants, Rexs post game antics with Jacobs and most of all the painful realization that Sanchez is not good enought to be a quality NFL starter.

FWIW Rexs big mouth and documented foot freak was funny when they were winning. It sucks and is an embarrasment now. Thats depressing. Wonder how depressed Woody is??

Im not depressed about the last loss to the Giants the team is in disarray this year, whats sad and depressing is its going to get worse. What really bothers me is we have let so many holes open up on this team Im not sure we can fill them and be a good team next year and even if we could I do not trust Tanny to make good decisions.

While I do Feel Mangini took the "character" issue to an extreme there is something to be said about signing smart high character football players. I think our team makes a lot of very dumb mistakes on both sides of the ball and thats not only due to stupidity buts it has to do with coaching as well. This organization has a lot of problems and my fear is its going to get worse. I think Rex is a very solid Defensvie coach but a terrible head coach and its painfully obvious.

In all my years rooting for the Jets this is one of the only years I can truly say our offensive skill players are nothing but a bunch of pussies. They have talent and show flashes but they have ZERO toughness mentally and lack consistency which is the most important part of a winning team, consistency. Jets fans get caught up in a great play here and a great play there and expect it again but it never seems to come, this is why they have faith a guy like Santonio Holmes can be great but its not happening I know people have to see the way this selfish prick acts and it reflects in his play . We lose 3 pivotal players in run blocking but we expect the team to continue to run the foootball effectively. Moore is obviously hurt and D-Brick was NEVER a good run blocker personally I think the guy is a middle of the road LT hes been giving up sacks his entire career most close to or at double digits yet Jets fans proclaim him top NFL talent its mind boggling.

Biggest Issue not going out in year one of the Sanchez experiment and getting him young talented Skill players TO GROW WITH like just about every other team does when drafting young franchise QB's.

Bottom line Parcells brought this organization back to respectability, Herm was hired and didnt really do much, Mangini was on the right track personnel wise but was pushed out the door and I think now we are heading back to embarressing pre Parcells days and thats depressing. I think we need to get Tanny the hell out of here now before its too late.

Reasons I'm depressed:

--It's hard to accept that here we are again, on the verge of yet another window closing on what appeared to be a promising stretch in Jets history.

--I'm sad that the league has figured out Rex's defensive scheme. I'm sad that the Baltimore D is still dominant without Rex. I'm sad that it looks like Rex has no answers for that.

--I'm sad that we invested in yet another QB that isn't going to be elite. Im sad that far and away the best QB I've ever seen in a Jets uniform was Brett Favre, for eleven games.

--I'm depressed that the roster needs rebuilding, and I'm sad that it's Mike Tannenbaum who will be charged with rebuilding it for what seems like the 15th time under his tenure.

--I'm depressed that this current group of Jets is as unlikeable a group since the glory days of Boomer Esiason. Jerkoffs almost everywhere you look, and the one truly great, classy player we have here (Revis) is currently marking the days until he can force his way out of town to get his next raise.

--I'm depressed that the Jets recertified themselves as NY's CFL team last week, embarrassing themselves by talking sh*t all the way up to the game and then getting choked out in embarrassing fashion by a Giants team that was ripe to get crushed.

Reasons I'm depressed:

--It's hard to accept that here we are again, on the verge of yet another window closing on what appeared to be a promising stretch in Jets history.

--I'm sad that the league has figured out Rex's defensive scheme. I'm sad that the Baltimore D is still dominant without Rex. I'm sad that it looks like Rex has no answers for that.

--I'm sad that we invested in yet another QB that isn't going to be elite. Im sad that far and away the best QB I've ever seen in a Jets uniform was Brett Favre, for eleven games.

--I'm depressed that the roster needs rebuilding, and I'm sad that it's Mike Tannenbaum who will be charged with rebuilding it for what seems like the 15th time under his tenure.

--I'm depressed that this current group of Jets is as unlikeable a group since the glory days of Boomer Esiason. Jerkoffs almost everywhere you look, and the one truly great, classy player we have here (Revis) is currently marking the days until he can force his way out of town to get his next raise.

--I'm depressed that the Jets recertified themselves as NY's CFL team last week, embarrassing themselves by talking sh*t all the way up to the game and then getting choked out in embarrassing fashion by a Giants team that was ripe to get crushed.

Scary. Revis is not going to sit around waiting for these dolts to figure it out.

I'm sad that the Baltimore D is still dominant without Rex.

Dominant is not a word I would use describing a Ravens defense that allowed 34 points against the Chargers. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed should start collecting their Social Security checks any day now.

Reasons I'm depressed:

So true...and so ****ing depressing. That season hurt far worse than this one

Reasons I'm depressed:

you realize he was calling plays for years before he came here, right ?

and

pettine was calling the D this year

lol

Reasons I'm depressed:

Lol this is all so dramatic, isn't it?

The team is a strong draft away from being 2010 good, and a strong QB away from being a high end team. This year sucks, but sh*t happens. Bump in the road at the absolute worst...

Archived