Jets already working the Manning hotline

BroadwayJ667

If you are willing to take an incentive laden contract, we can do whatever...

Manning crippled his team's cap for years. Last year he accepted 26 million dollars for doing nothing. He isn't going to take an incentive laden contract. He's going to take a contract laden with jewels and solid gold. from either the Dolphins or the Redskins.

Manning crippled his team's cap for years. Last year he accepted 26 million dollars for doing nothing. He isn't going to take an incentive laden contract. He's going to take a contract laden with jewels and solid gold. from either the Dolphins or the Redskins.

Or he may want to win...The Redskins are a joke even if they sign Manning. I do not understand how the Dolphins can be looked at as a superior option to the Jets, other than weather, when the Jets have been better than them for years now despite having a middling QB like the Dolphins...

Or he may want to win...The Redskins are a joke even if they sign Manning. I do not understand how the Dolphins can be looked at as a superior option to the Jets, other than weather, when the Jets have been better than them for years now despite having a middling QB like the Dolphins...

No state income tax?

No state income tax?

Manning has made a gazzilion dollars in his career on/off the field. Manning will not take an embarrassing offer, but there is no way that the final days of his career are going to be decided by money. Manning is a guy who cares greatly about his legacy, if he ends up in Washington losing 8 games a year his legacy takes a hit.

Peyton Manning is not going to QB a team in the same division as his brother. Washington would have to be the top bidder by a $10M/year margin and even that might not get it done. JMO.

This

Sibling rivalry? My azz - he wants nothing to do with the uber complete platform against Eli. And why would he? Some sick gladiator initiative from Archie? He will have a load of other options to choose from. And as a total deal breaking aside - what do you think would come out of the great conversation he'd have the dimmest bulb (next to Schotty) in pro-football, Kyle Shanahan?

This

Sibling rivalry? My azz - he wants nothing to do with the uber complete platform against Eli. And why would he? Some sick gladiator initiative from Archie? He will have a load of other options to choose from. And as a total deal breaking aside - what do you think would come out of the great conversation he'd have the dimmest bulb (next to Schotty) in pro-football, Kyle Shanahan?

Appearing on
SportsCenter
Thursday, ESPN 980 Washington's Chris Russell said he's "hearing" free agent Peyton Manning does not want to play for the Redskins and has already informed people in the building.

"A couple of different sources inside the organization have told me that Manning's camp made it pretty clear to Redskins officials he doesn't want to come here," said Russell. "... Unless that changes -- and I'm taking my sources at their word -- I don't think Manning's coming to D.C." The Redskins had hoped to make an aggressive offer to Manning, per the Washington Post, but there won't be much they can do if the feeling isn't mutual.
Mar 8 - 2:00 PM

Yes. Duh.

You are only a good fan if you think we should give Sanchez another 1-3 years to see if he can get his sh*t together.

Oh, now you're being just ridiculous. That's not the case and you know it.

You can also be a good fan if you think McElroy is a true diamond in the rough and will ultimately be this franchises savior.

As much as Peyton would guarantee a playoff bid each year he is here, I am more worried about what his greedy a$$ contract would do to our current pro bowlers. Run them off in 2 years or so? Great, then we can become the post 2006 Colts with Peyton and all his 7th round/URFA team mates. Ugh.

Appearing on
SportsCenter
Thursday, ESPN 980 Washington's Chris Russell said he's "hearing" free agent Peyton Manning does not want to play for the Redskins and has already informed people in the building.

"A couple of different sources inside the organization have told me that Manning's camp made it pretty clear to Redskins officials he doesn't want to come here," said Russell. "... Unless that changes -- and I'm taking my sources at their word -- I don't think Manning's coming to D.C." The Redskins had hoped to make an aggressive offer to Manning, per the Washington Post, but there won't be much they can do if the feeling isn't mutual.
Mar 8 - 2:00 PM

There was no way Peyton was signing with a division rival of his brother. He wants to beat Eli in the SB, not prevent him from making the big game or even making the playoffs.

There was no way Peyton was signing with a division rival of his brother. He wants to beat Eli in the SB, not prevent him from making the big game or even making the playoffs.

Yeah, that's what I said at the bottom of the first page of this thread. Not impossible, but there are so many other suitors it's pretty close.

Archived