Mike Francesa Rips Jets

Maxman

Mike Francesa has never really seemed to like anything the Jets have done, other than when Bill Parcells was the head coach.  He has been very critical of the organization in the past, and that continued today.  He listened to the John Idzik press conference and was very critical.  Apparently Francesa wanted to hear Idzik say he was going to make big changes.

Despite what Francesa will have you believe Idzik won’t be graded on his introductory press conference.  He will be graded on how he handles the roster, especially how successful his drafts are.  Mike call the Jets a  dysfunctional and bad organization.  He said this was awful and there was nothing to make any Jets fan confident.  The video is embedded below:

Here is the discussion thread on this topic from our

The Jets fanbase--

Step One: Media Member X says this element of the Jets will disappoint

Step Two: Jets Fans: "Media Member X is an a$$hole and fat and gay and stupid and has an agenda and knows nothing! I'm so glad I don't read/listen to him even though I can quote exactly every syllable they say/write!"

Step Three: Season plays out exactly as Media Member X predicted.

Step Four: Jets Fans "I totally knew that was gonna happen!"

Why don't you Manish/Francesa/Evan Silva deniers use a little elbow grease and specifically disprove what these guys have said instead of just casting general aspersions? You do realize these guys have been right wayyyyyyyyyy more than any of you clowns who predicted that the Jets would be competent in any one area? If Mehta/Silva/Francesa are agenda-driven liars, it'd be pretty easy to prove with the Search feature, no?

The Jets fanbase--

Step One: Media Member X says this element of the Jets will disappoint

Step Two: Jets Fans: "Media Member X is an a$$hole and fat and gay and stupid and has an agenda and knows nothing! I'm so glad I don't read/listen to him even though I can quote exactly every syllable they say/write!"

Step Three: Season plays out exactly as Media Member X predicted.

Step Four: Jets Fans "I totally knew that was gonna happen!"

Why don't you Manish/Francesa/Evan Silva deniers use a little elbow grease and specifically disprove what these guys have said instead of just casting general aspersions? You do realize these guys have been right wayyyyyyyyyy more than any of you clowns who predicted that the Jets would be competent in any one area? If Mehta/Silva/Francesa are agenda-driven liars, it'd be pretty easy to prove with the Search feature, no?

Do people really hate Manish or Evan Silva anywhere near the way they hate Francesa? Hating anything anti-Jets is irrational and 100% homer driven, hating Mike Francesa is not.

It's background noise on a busy workday. Fatcesa said something yeterday so absurd it was hard to even believe, and if any other host had said it they would've sent him for mental evaluation. It was that other new coaches and GMs go into a bad situation and basically go nuts, including one instance where Fatcesa claims a new coach intentionally knocked the hat off the head of the team's best player to "show there's a new sherriff in town" or some nonsense,. You see even here a lot of internet tough guy BS, but this was simply so out there it had to be fleshed out in full or called BS. What coach upon taking a job in 2013 practically physically assaults a player? It's not true. Bobby Knight got fired form Indiana for something like that, the coach at Rutgers BBall coach was suspended for much less of a verbal nastiness in December. to name but 2 examples. Professional athletes are not going to take such nonsense lightly either, whether they contact their union or go Sprewell on the spot. If someone behaved that way to Fatcesa or one of his children he'd be outraged. Fatcesa has this idea that Idzik should as per him go out to Florham Park and start breaking furniture or throwing lockers out windows or cursing people out.It's an insane fake tough guy fantasy. And if Idzik did something that batcrap crazy Fatcesa and the whole media would be calling him a loon. Heck, they already do that with Wrecks Ryan for much less. Idzik may fail, he may succeed, but the idea he has to act like a Gunny Hartman on 4-day vodka/meth bender in order to "change the culture" is so goddamn dumb it's scary he was allowed to say such stupidity without being called out.

If you really think about it everyone who has criticized the JETS for the past 40 plus years has been right. But that does not mean there are no douchebags amongst those nay sayers. Some criticize based on merits of the situations and belive me I am sure there has been a lot to criticze. But some criticize no matter what and most of the times without any merit. Fatcessa is one of those douchebags.

I will never understand why everyone hates Francesa ,yet still listens to him. Same goes for cimini, mheta, and others. If you don't like them, don't follow them on twitter, don't give them hits to their websites, and don't quote them on the boards. There are still other writers you can give you good information without their bullsh*t slant.

I will never understand why everyone hates Francesa ,yet still listens to him. Same goes for cimini, mheta, and others. If you don't like them, don't follow them on twitter, don't give them hits to their websites, and don't quote them on the boards. There are still other writers you can give you good information without their bullsh*t slant.

Cimini is actually very good for relaying stats compiled by ESPN Stats & Information that he quotes all the time. His opinion pieces are crap though.

I used to enjoy Mehta's articles before they turned all tabloid with reporting their 'news'. I actually can't even follow Mehta (or Gary Myers for that matter). The Daily News writers have no balls or spines now. As soon as you criticize them, they block you. For me, it was when I told Mehta that my sources told me that his sources were full of sh*t. He didn't like that and he and his butt-buddy Myers blocked me. I was told it's like a badge of honor to get blocked by the NYDN writers now :)

The problem with Fatcesa is that even if the Jets resurrected Lombardi himself and won some Super Bowls, he would either bitch and moan about the team before the Super Bowls and then if they win he would act like the other team sucked and wouldn't give the Jets any credit. When you have a radio or television personality who openly admits that they hate the team that they are talking about, they lose any and all credibility they once had.

I don't expect everything to be praised by everyone, but I do expect fairness in what's being said. Jets deserve to be ripped for being a crappy football team but the other stuff is a lot of BS. Francesa just hates the Jets. Idzik has barely sat down in his office and he's already a failure. I mean, come on.

Archived