Beat the Pats, and we shut the world up

Matt39

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CLEVER

Jesus Christ, Not sure how you think our WR's have looked bad. Hill looks to have developed some, two very nice catches today, catches he doesn't make last season. Kerley is very good and Holmes will contribute more throughout the season. Also Winslow looks like he's still got some left in the tank, which doesn't shock me. I thought he'd be a decent pickup and he looks it. We did have some guys open throughout that game, not sure what you're talking about there. Also hard to judge the RB's from that game. Powell was pretty solid and Ivory never really had a chance, the Bucs probably have the best run D in the league, that was never going to be a huge game for the backs.

While the wr's weren't exactly lighting the world on fire they were at least holding onto the ball.   I don't think I saw a drop other than Ivory today. 

To me the 3 areas that need most improvement:  pass protection, creating big plays on O, stop giving up big plays on D.   with a rookie QB this team is going to have a tough time sustaining drives so they need to find a way to get yards in chunks - I don't care if it's holmes, gates, Ivory, or Spadola but someone needs to make a big play on Thursday. 

If the D can line it up again like that in 4 days. 

Fully back on the Rex bandwagon.

Rex Ryan blew that Bucs game down the stretch. Winning the game by the idiocy of a Bucs player will not make me forget that. There's no Rex Bandwagon at this point in time because right now he's simply not a good coach. Rex needs to provide to wins with good decision making. Until I see that I believe that Idzik will be in the right by finding a new HC next year. I say keep rex as our DC, but right now the Jets should be 0-1 because of Rex Ryan decisions 5 mins down the stretch. And thats just the stench of truth. 

I don't really have that much hope for this offense.   I hope Geno improves, but the WRs on this team suck.   The RBs aren't any good and thats what we have.  It's really been the same kind of team for years.  They win games 17-14.    They don't play so well when a team scores 28.    Except now the offense has even less weapons.  

I think the Bucs offense and Freeman suck, but you saw WRs getting open more often than not.   The Jets receivers seem to give up or can't ever get open. And this has been the case for years now.   And don't give me the Hill crap. Hill sucks.

Can we give the Jets WR's a chance here?  I mean last time I checked the Patriots don't have Revis, Gohldson, and Barron in their secondary.

Can we give the Jets WR's a chance here?  I mean last time I checked the Patriots don't have Revis, Gohldson, and Barron in their secondary.

They seem very confused and look to be poor route runners. When Geno was in trouble I failed to see any one of them coming back to the ball. That's WR 101.

Danny Amendola admitted he didn't know if he would be able to return from his first half groin aggravation Sunday.
When Amendola limped off the field at the end of the second quarter, even Tom Brady thought his No. 1 receiver was done for the day. But after getting stretched out and treated by the medical staff, Amendola came back with seven crucial second-half catches for 64 yards in the Patriots' narrow win. His durability can be questioned, but his toughness can not.
Source: ESPN Boston Sep 8 - 9:41 PM

#gritty #tough #white

Danny Amendola admitted he didn't know if he would be able to return from his first half groin aggravation Sunday.

When Amendola limped off the field at the end of the second quarter, even Tom Brady thought his No. 1 receiver was done for the day. But after getting stretched out and treated by the medical staff, Amendola came back with seven crucial second-half catches for 64 yards in the Patriots' narrow win. His durability can be questioned, but his toughness can not.

Source: ESPN Boston Sep 8 - 9:41 PM

#gritty #tough #white

@AlbertBreer: Anyone who questions Danny Amendola's toughness is out of their mind. Whether he holds up like Welker is an open question. But he's got grit

TEH GRITZ0RZ

I hate how I'm actually getting excited for thursday's matchup, i'm almost talking myself into how they'd win. Ridley might be riding the pine after he coughed it up twice and vereen had a good showing, Gronk most likely won't be suiting up, Amendola will be feeling the full effect of that groin come thursday and if you can take edelman out of the game you Sudfeld or Kenbrel cannot beat you, both looked like they were drowning today.  Then again, Geno still is a rookie, our running game hasn't shown any life and it's still the Patriots and Brady.  But it couldn't be at a better time; we've got momentum, Geno has confidence and the Pats receivers are banged up and don't have their chemistry with Brady yet.  Yep, really setting myself up for disappointment.  

I hate how I'm actually getting excited for thursday's matchup, i'm almost talking myself into how they'd win. Ridley might be riding the pine after he coughed it up twice and vereen had a good showing, Gronk most likely won't be suiting up, Amendola will be feeling the full effect of that groin come thursday and if you can take edelman out of the game you Sudfeld or Kenbrel cannot beat you, both looked like they were drowning today.  Then again, Geno still is a rookie, our running game hasn't shown any life and it's still the Patriots and Brady.  But it couldn't be at a better time; we've got momentum, Geno has confidence and the Pats receivers are banged up and don't have their chemistry with Brady yet.  Yep, really setting myself up for disappointment.

Unfortunately Im on board too. I think our run game is gonna look different against a team that DID NOT have the #1 run defense last year and they may open the playbook a little more this week. I think we will def see more from Holmes too when hes not being defended by Revis.

They have a chance!

Holy $hit - We pull one one lucky game and we're on the Super Bowl bandwagon.

Today was a fluke. 

Who in this thread is on the Super Bowl band wagon?  Geez can't people be happy?  This is a good thread, that says IF the Jets beat the Pats, that will shut people up.  That is true.

That said it would only put the Jets and 2 and 0.  And nobody mentioned the Super Bowl in a serious context.  From what I saw anyhow.

One might say the pig is ripe for the slaughter.

Pats didnt sack Manuel once yesterday, hit him 4 times. Brady was sacked three times and hit 7. 

Brady is throwing to Amendola(who's hurt), Edelman(who's actually pretty good) and an UDFA who he missed a ton yesterday.

Gronk aint playing most likely. Someone needs to stick Vereen coming out of the backfield....someone who isnt Bart Scott. Give Geno some time to throw and dont give up on the running game and sure...the pig is ripe.

Just don't sleep on their front 7...it's very good, and stout. They were very tough to run against. We didn't really try a ton in the passing game either, so not sure there.

It's going to be a tough game, no doubt, despite Brady and co. looking beatable yesterday. He's still Brady and finds a way..

Archived