seriously, why the all white uniforms again last night

stugotz81

I know this was talked about last week and i am aware they are the classic Jets uniforms and all...but why don't we ever break out the all greens or even the green n white uniforms more often.  Why our 1st home again - all white and now our first away game - all white? I'm not complaining, I really just want to know why? Who makes the uniform decisions? Why do choose to wear the uniform with the least amount of green on it when the Jets are all about the color green! 

All I can come up with is the home team chooses uniforms and we chose all white last week...then we went to NE and they choose to wear the colored uniforms so we got put in the all white again.   I just feel we play better in all green or even the green n white...I wonder if there are stats on that

I'm getting tired of ranting on about how bad the receivers suck at the moment so I thought I would play chic for a second and ask about our uniforms in this useless thread...apologies in advance to everyone so dont start breaking my balls about this dumb chic post---I'm aware. 

Home team decides

I know this was talked about last week and i am aware they are the classic Jets uniforms and all...but why don't we ever break out the all greens or even the green n white uniforms more often.  Why our 1st home again - all white and now our first away game - all white? I'm not complaining, I really just want to know why? Who makes the uniform decisions? Why do choose to wear the uniform with the least amount of green on it when the Jets are all about the color green! 

All I can come up with is the home team chooses uniforms and we chose all white last week...then we went to NE and they choose to wear the colored uniforms so we got put in the all white again.   I just feel we play better in all green or even the green n white...I wonder if there are stats on that

I'm getting tired of ranting on about how bad the receivers suck at the moment so I thought I would play chic for a second and ask about our uniforms in this useless thread...apologies in advance to everyone so dont start breaking my balls about this dumb chic post---I'm aware. 

Home team decides on what uni they will wear, visitors have to wear the opposite.  My bro was telling me that the cowboys always do the opposite of what it customary( I think they always want to wear the whites out of superstition) so when they goto Washington to play, the redskins wear the opposite to ensure that the cowboys dont get to wear their prefered whites.

Rex knew it was going to rain.  He was hoping a few defensive players wouldnt be wearing underpants under their white pants & hoped they would become translucent..  This would distract Brady as he stares at the beautiful unclipped mansausage standing right in front of him and he would throw interceptions or hang out in the pocket too long.

Unfortunately for Rex, he didnt do any planning in advance to see if his idea would work, he just figured he's been to enough wet t-shirt contests that it must also apply to wet jerseypants.  

Sometimes a team will wear their away (white jersey) uniforms at home because of the heat in the early part of the season. White jerseys are supposed to retain less heat than dark jerseys.  I think the dolphins and other warm weather teams do this.  Then you have the Cowboys that prefer the white jerseys all the time.

Rex knew it was going to rain.  He was hoping a few defensive players wouldnt be wearing underpants under their white pants & hoped they would become translucent..  This would distract Brady as he stares at the beautiful unclipped mansausage standing right in front of him and he would throw interceptions or hang out in the pocket too long.

Unfortunately for Rex, he didnt do any planning in advance to see if his idea would work, he just figured he's been to enough wet t-shirt contests that it must also apply to wet jerseypants.  

You got issues.

It s a road game and the HOME team decides what color it will wear. I happen to love the all white's. I hate the all Green's because the color of the pants don't match the color of the jersey's and it looks ridiculous. Green jersey with white pants is great, all white is great and I don't mind white top and green pants.

lol at everyone who is "ugh the uniform topic"... It's a valid conversation and it's obvious that there is a desire to move on from the classic design that we've had since the 60s. We need a modern look, it's freaking 2013...even the Dolphins changed their logo. i never thought that franchise would ever do that...

lol at everyone who is "ugh the uniform topic"... It's a valid conversation and it's obvious that there is a desire to move on from the classic design that we've had since the 60s. We need a modern look, it's freaking 2013...even the Dolphins changed their logo. i never thought that franchise would ever do that...

The Dolphins logo has a freaking on it. They should change it a hell of a lot more than they did. Start by getting rid of the cartoon Dolphin instead of the "tough" cartoon dolphin or the "modern" Asian dolphin.

The last one was hilarious. The angry dolphin with the "get this stupid M helmet off me" look on its face. Was the thought, "Oooh, look how scary and intimidating this dolphin is! He'll slap you silly with his big fins!"?

Archived