Sometimes being a Jets fan is not as bad as we may think it is.

Kleckineau

Imagine being a Browns fan and reading this.

Patriots give Browns permission to interview Josh McDaniels

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/31/patriots-give-browns-permission-to-interview-josh-mcdaniels/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

I was pissed Woody decided to keep Rex but seeing this has made me think maybe it wasnt such a bad idea.

I saw that. I don't know how you could have one Belichick disciple fail right in front of you, then want to go out and hire another failed Belichick disciple.

One?    Try two.  Mangini and Crennel failed.  Winning!

And the master himself, 20 years earlier.

Hardly.

Despite your revisionist history, he took a crappy team and made them better.  When replaced, they did not improve and lost more games.

I saw that. I don't know how you could have one Belichick disciple fail right in front of you, then want to go out and hire another failed Belichick disciple.

The Browns have done exactly this a couple times now. It's amazing.

I love being a Jets fan.

Me too... and you know what's going to be amazing, when we finally win it all, everything changes. The entire identity of this fanbase revolves around the ebb and flow of hope and disappointment. It's a wild ride...  when I moved to Boston, the Bruins fans were the same as we are... SO hungry for a championship. They've changed since winning. It takes the edge off, maybe not changed for the worse, but it's a change... there's an adjustment in psyche that comes with finally getting what you spend your lifetime thinking is unattainable.

I can't wait to experience it.

But I'll tell you straight up, we win it all, and it's going to make me care less about things like pre-draft, draft day feeling like Christmas, camp reports, etc. Even if it's as little as only caring 90% about that stuff.

Anyway, that's what I've told myself it'll be like in the next year or so when it finally happens.

Unless Cleveland starts to become like the San Antonio Spurs in scouting and coaching, that franchise is just going to suck for eternity.   I mean Lebron James is from Akron, built up an NBA team that won 60 games every year,  and still left for greener pastures.     If James is going to bail, who the hell would ever go to cleveland to play for a Browns team who has been the biggest joke in sports for a decade now.

Archived