I dont like Francesa but he is right

joewilly12

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

business has been good for critics of this team for a long time. when/if the jets enjoy success again he will look like the bitter turd that he is.

When the Jets were making runs in 2009 and 2010 he was just as objective and factual as he is today. The first years of the Ryan regime, Mike liked much of what he saw. So did we.

But years go by, the head coach still acts like a defensive coordinator, learns no lessons, does not mature, lets festering issues continue, and he gets what he deserves. Again, someone show me where Francesa is wrong. You may not like his delivery, but what he says is accurate and insightful.

SAR I

When the Jets were making runs in 2009 and 2010 he was just as objective and factual as he is today. The first years of the Ryan regime, Mike liked much of what he saw. So did we.

But years go by, the head coach still acts like a defensive coordinator, learns no lessons, does not mature, lets festering issues continue, and he gets what he deserves. Again, someone show me where Francesa is wrong. You may not like his delivery, but what he says is accurate and insightful.

SAR I

You just described a trailing indicator, not someone who is "ahead of the curve."

Show me an opinion or fact that Mike Francesa had about Edwards/Mangini/Ryan Testaverde/Pennington/Favre/Sanchez/Smith that has been flat out wrong in the last 15 years.

Perhaps you don't like his snarky delivery. Perhaps you would rather he show some compassion in his word choice. Show me where he actually was wrong about the Jets since Parcells left town.

SAR I

I would think that if one were to ask Mike Francessa if he was 100% correct on any subject, even with the inflated ego that he has, I would expect that he would say that is not possible. Especially with 20 plus years on the air.

For someone else to claim that someone is 100% correct on any subject matter all of the time, particularly when they speak to that subject continually is either 

a) idolatry

B) lacking a basis to form one's own opinion and relying on others

The first years of the Ryan regime, Mike liked much of what he saw. So did we.

SAR I

That is flat out wrong-Francessa did not like Ryan's act at the get go, and thought he would get his comeuppance. When the Jets "backed in" to the playoffs in 2009, he ripped Ryan and the Jets.

To say he "liked what he saw" those first 2 years is patently incorrect.

That is flat out wrong-Francessa did not like Ryan's act at the get go, and thought he would get his comeuppance. When the Jets "backed in" to the playoffs in 2009, he ripped Ryan and the Jets.

Absolutely right. He has hated the Jets forever except when Parcells was there.

Francessa was bashing the jets on the way to each of their AFC championship games. Any Jet fan that thinks Francessa is always right is either a troll or not a jets fan. 

He has hated on the Jets- he just loves to needle the fans and team- no way I would accept his hot air

Then he was ******* wrong.  I am sure someone that listened to that fat moron can find clips of how the Jets were going to be demolished by the Bengals, Chargers, Colts, Pats, in the playoffs.  Comeuppance?  Give me a ******* break.  He's a fat ******* hater.  He is welcome to it, his schtick gets him paid, but saying he is right when the team was making back to back championship games and he was explaining how they couldn't win?

Then he was ******* wrong.  I am sure someone that listened to that fat moron can find clips of how the Jets were going to be demolished by the Bengals, Chargers, Colts, Pats, in the playoffs.  Comeuppance?  Give me a ******* break.  He's a fat ******* hater.  He is welcome to it, his schtick gets him paid, but saying he is right when the team was making back to back championship games and he was explaining how they couldn't win?

SAR has seemingly backed away from this thread and his stance of "Francessa never being wrong".

I'm sorry, but I've been listening to Francesa since the 80's and I don't find that he's ever wrong whe it comes to assessing the local sports teams and the pulse of each organization. If you don't like what he's saying its not because he's inaccurate; it's because the truth hurts you.SAR I

In 09 and 10 predicted the Jets to be dead last in the division. And last year stated that the Jets will win no more than 2 games. My take on fatcessa is that he really hammer the people he doesn't like and when thing go sour he bring all the negative at once.

Then he was ******* wrong. I am sure someone that listened to that fat moron can find clips of how the Jets were going to be demolished by the Bengals, Chargers, Colts, Pats, in the playoffs. Comeuppance? Give me a ******* break. He's a fat ******* hater. He is welcome to it, his schtick gets him paid, but saying he is right when the team was making back to back championship games and he was explaining how they couldn't win?

His refrain for the 09 and 10 seasons was that the Jets backed in both times, won nothing, but acted like they won both Super Bowls. Also not incorrect.

His refrain for the 09 and 10 seasons was that the Jets backed in both times, won nothing, but acted like they won both Super Bowls. Also not incorrect.

That was his postseason refrain.  What was his preseason refrain?  He is almost always incorrect, but will never admit it.  He changes his refrain to suit the current climate without ever acknowledging the change.  Then he is always right. That team did not back into a ******* thing in 2010. 

That was his postseason refrain. What was his preseason refrain? He is almost always incorrect, but will never admit it. He changes his refrain to suit the current climate without ever acknowledging the change. Then he is always right. That team did not back into a ******* thing in 2010.

I'm the only guy who makes accurate preseason predictions

I dont recall him thinking the 2010 team was bad. It was the 2009 team he went nuts on and really took his hate of the Jets to the next level. I dont think he ever mentioned backing into the playoffs in 2010, I think it was just that they were overly happy about getting in as a WC despite getting thrashed by NE. I actually thought he picked the Jets over the Colts that year but Im not sure on that. 

I dont think hes usually too wrong about the team but the tone he takes angers Jets fans.  His anger really isnt Rex related. Its more Woody related and dates back to the year Donnie Henderson was DC and gave them a brutal interview. That was the last year of the Jets/Giants scrimmage when Henderson was basically telling his guys to murder the Giants players and show up a young Eli Manning. They wanted to press him on that and on the fact that the Jets defense was overrated from the year before and he just gave an awful interview, I think telling them to shut up at one point, and then just would ramble about nothing and yes/no them to death like he was wasted. Over time they stopped giving him guests and in 2009 basically started a WFAN from 1-6PM ban.

As predictable, the usually Jets (miserable fans) haters approve of Fatcessa hatred toward the Jets.  My take is that these people has been brainwashed day in day out by this egomaniac "know it all."  When I was member of the Jets's message board on ESPN before they took it down, it was the same miserable bitches complaining about the way we got to the AFCC.   

In 09 and 10 predicted the Jets to be dead last in the division. And last year stated that the Jets will win no more than 2 games. My take on fatcessa is that he really hammer the people he doesn't like and when thing go sour he bring all the negative at once.

Patently false.

The '08 team was sitting at 8-3 before Favre got injured, had a very good D and was bringing in a strong DC. The '10 team was an upgrade from the '09 team that won 2 playoff games. Mike had them pegged at 8 or 9 wins.

Mike was right about last year; we really did only win 2 games. The end of the season was a joke, played 6 of 7 games against teams with losing records going nowhere, under no pressure they played nicely to save Rex's job and the country club atmosphere they seem to relish so much.

SAR I

I dont see where he was right.

Truth is, we're never as bad as the media makes us.

We haven't lost by more then a touchdown, and fail to execute at multiple position even in the raiders game.

We need some offensive discipline, and for players to get healthy.

Our best receiver wasn't healthy since our win, and our best corner hasn't been healthy since week 1 preseason.

Francesa is a moron. The Jets suck at scouting, drafting, coaching, and playing football and the entire team is a flaming pile of dogsh*t, organizationally speaking. He's right only insofar as he's able to point out problems that are clear as day to anyone paying even a modicum of attention.

He is a lazy broadcaster.  It is hard to be right all the time when you do no research, no legwork, no nothing.  Just show up and drink Diet Cokes.  Plus, he hates the Jets and Mets so much, I cannot take him seriously

Patently false.

The '08 team was sitting at 8-3 before Favre got injured, had a very good D and was bringing in a strong DC. The '10 team was an upgrade from the '09 team that won 2 playoff games. Mike had them pegged at 8 or 9 wins.

Mike was right about last year; we really did only win 2 games. The end of the season was a joke, played 6 of 7 games against teams with losing records going nowhere, under no pressure they played nicely to save Rex's job and the country club atmosphere they seem to relish so much.

SAR I

Don't make me have to defend Ryan by making outrageous, and by the board mostly stupid statements. 

A win against a bad team is still a win. I don't care how good, or how bad your perceived team is, a win against a supposed bad team is still a win. 

There is no way around it. They don't give style points.

I abhor Rex as much as anybody, but that kind of statement is downright stupid. Show many any coach in the history of the NFL, whether you like him or not, I guarantee he beat some bad teams. And they counted.

Except for maybe, Lou Holtz.

Don't make me have to defend Ryan by making outrageous, and by the board mostly stupid statements. 

A win against a bad team is still a win. I don't care how good, or how bad your perceived team is, a win against a supposed bad team is still a win. 

There is no way around it. They don't give style points.

I abhor Rex as much as anybody, but that kind of statement is downright stupid. Show many any coach in the history of the NFL, whether you like him or not, I guarantee he beat some bad teams. And they counted.

Except for maybe, Lou Holtz.

My only point is that the schedule was set up beautifully last year for a mediocre team to make a November/December run.

Similarly, the schedule is set up horribly for a mediocre team to make a September/October run this season.

Same team, might actually be improved, same results. To your point, we take nothing away from last year's late season wins the same way we take nothing away from this year's early season defeats.

SAR I

Patently false.

SAR I

The 08 team had a mid 20 defense and turned into a number one defense the following year, also, the 09 team had a rookie QB throw for 12 TD and 20 INT and still made it to the AFCC.   If we had kept Favre for one more year instead of giving it away for free to the Vikings, probably costing us a SB.

Sar1 said "Mike was right about last year; we really did only win 2 games"

That statement above prove my point about the miserable fans in this forum. 

The 08 team had a mid 20 defense and turned into a number one defense the following year, also, the 09 team had a rookie QB throw for 12 TD and 20 INT and still made it to the AFCC.   If we had kept Favre for one more year instead of giving it away for free to the Vikings, probably costing us a SB.

Sar1 said "Mike was right about last year; we really did only win 2 games"

That statement above prove my point about the miserable fans in this forum.

Realistic fans aren't 'miserable'.

Blind Homer fans are 'unrealistic'.

SAR I

Realistic fans aren't 'miserable'.

Blind Homer fans are 'unrealistic'.

SAR I

No, sir, miserable fans like yourself are always bitching and whining even when our team are succeeding.  You, along with Fatcessa and the rest of the miserable crowd were whining even when we made it to the AFCC.  I, on the other hand will root for my Jets hard and expect everyone to do good for our team, regardless. 

Archived