Going against the common theme lately, I'm rooting for the Jets tonight

GREENBEAN

It's been a pretty easy thing to get down on the team this season after beginning 1-5 and no one is happy about it (outside of the Rex haters group of course). 

The thing is our team, while seriously out manned most of the time, has played hard and been in ever single game outside of the Chargers. We lost every other game by one score for pete's sake.

At the beginning of the season we talked about coming out of this ridiculously difficult first half of the season 2-6 or 3-5 would be a good set up for the second half. 

Well here we are. 

We win tonight and it's on out there. Brady hates pressure and looks human when people are in his face. That also happens to be the one Jets strong suit right now. We're no where near out of this and while I am just as aware as anyone else how badly this sucks I'm not done rooting for the 2014 Jets.

We lose the next couple and it may be time to blow this thing up and start fresh.  But not yet. We win tonight and the whole thing turns around going into the Bills game with a long week. 

Let's Go Jets!!! 

I hope we lose a heartbreaker. I'm talking something absolutely devastating. Like we're losing 34-3 at the end of the 3rd. We have an insane 4th quarter and rally in tie it up at the end of regulation. We go to overtime and watch the Pats march right down the field. Gastowski lines up for a 26 yard chip shot that gets blocked by Mo Wilkerson. Kyle Wilson of all people recovers the ball and runs it back 56 yards to put us within striking distance for an easy Nick Folk FG. Geno drops back for a 5 yards out to get us a bit closer and throws a pick six to the end the game.

Nothing unites a community like tragedy.

I'll root for the Jets.

I'm also rooting to see Matt Simms (yes, I'm one of those ridiculous fans) cause he's the only hope for a future in this dismal season.

So while I want to see the team win, Geno looking serviceable for our remaining 10 games just might be the worst thing that could happen to this franchise.

Bring in Simms and see what ya got!! Give HIM the 9-10 games. Not just one game.....GOVE HIM THE REST OF THE SEASON!!!!! Give me a reason to watch.

I will never stop being amazed that some people think Loyal Obsessive Forum-Dweller Type Jets Fans are ever NOT rooting for their team, even in a bad or down season.

A lot of fans prefer being right to winning nowadays.  I think Geno has been horrible and I want to see him benched, but every time he drops back I  hope he does something great to prove me wrong...still waiting.

A lot of fans prefer being right to winning nowadays.  I think Geno has been horrible and I want to see him benched, but every time he drops back I  hope he does something great to prove me wrong...still waiting.

I love being right, and often am. My posting track record proves that.

But I will always prefer being drop dead ignorantly wrong IF it means the Jets win and win a Title.

No one on this earth will be happier if Rex Ryan proves me dead wrong, wins the next 10 games, sweeps the playoffs, and wins the Super Bowl.

Being right and being a fan are two utterly different things. Objectivity in analysis, a complete lack of objectivity in desired outcome.

I always root for the Jets, just not in my DNA not too.

But, I do find watching much more difficult than ever. Even when I was rooting for them during the Herm and Kotite eras. I fall asleep now during their games, which I never did before. My son has baseball practice tonight-NormayyI would have had my wife take him, while I watch the game live. Now I will just DVR it.

The Jets used to be interesting in the past how they lost. they are not even that now.

I love being right, and often am. My posting track record proves that.

But I will always prefer being drop dead ignorantly wrong IF it means the Jets win and win a Title.

No one on this earth will be happier if Rex Ryan proves me dead wrong, wins the next 10 games, sweeps the playoffs, and wins the Super Bowl.

Being right and being a fan are two utterly different things. Objectivity in analysis, a complete lack of objectivity in desired outcome.

Plkase provide link to posting track record or GTFO.  Ignorance does having a certain charm to it.  JIF will be happier than you if Rex proves everyone but him wrong and wins next ten games.  Playoffs?  PLAyoffs?  PLAYOffs? PLAYOFFS?   Being right and being a Jet fan is just plain wrong on every level.  Anal lysis must be painful.  Poop pills?

It's been a pretty easy thing to get down on the team this season after beginning 1-5 and no one is happy about it (outside of the Rex haters group of course). 

The thing is our team, while seriously out manned most of the time, has played hard and been in ever single game outside of the Chargers. We lost every other game by one score for pete's sake.

At the beginning of the season we talked about coming out of this ridiculously difficult first half of the season 2-6 or 3-5 would be a good set up for the second half. 

Well here we are. 

We win tonight and it's on out there. Brady hates pressure and looks human when people are in his face. That also happens to be the one Jets strong suit right now. We're no where near out of this and while I am just as aware as anyone else how badly this sucks I'm not done rooting for the 2014 Jets.

We lose the next couple and it may be time to blow this thing up and start fresh.  But not yet. We win tonight and the whole thing turns around going into the Bills game with a long week. 

Let's Go Jets!!!

It's obviously much better for us draft wise if we lose. That will be the case every week moving forward. That beng said, I can't root against them and if they win I can't be disappointed. Even if wins only hurt our chances at a top 5 draft pick, which we desperately need.

Giselle hates it when his hair gets mussed.  Seriously, the Jets will not win tonight.

Hate to break it to you Hoss - but that ID you're using was retired on Oct. 3rd. Please refrain from posting under that - the original owner of "ali" will not take kindly to your usage.

Well, when winning isnt' an option or something fans have any control over, what more would you expect?

I have a hard time grasping winning as not being an option when every game has come down to the final possession.  If by some miracle, at some point, Geno can stop turning the ball over for a week or two, they'll have a shot at winning some games.  Rooting against your team that's losing by 7-8 points on a regular basis is crazy to me.

What I love is when the Jets suck and I look back on a post I made three months earlier that said "the Jets will suck!" and I realize in that moment that I am a gifted psychic who willed my team to lose. Then I fist-pump and carry on knitting stars onto my wizard hat.

What I love is when the Jets suck and I look back on a post I made three months earlier that said "the Jets will suck!" and I realize in that moment that I am a gifted psychic who willed my team to lose. Then I fist-pump and carry on knitting stars onto my wizard hat.

Isnt that twitter?

I have a hard time grasping winning as not being an option when every game has come down to the final possession.  If by some miracle, at some point, Geno can stop turning the ball over for a week or two, they'll have a shot at winning some games.  Rooting against your team that's losing by 7-8 points on a regular basis is crazy to me.

Every game?

My expectations for this team, under this regime, are rock bottom. I don't root for the loss, I don't root for the win. I root for something non-humiliating.

Every game?

My expectations for this team, under this regime, are rock bottom. I don't root for the loss, I don't root for the win. I root for something non-humiliating.

My mistake...all but one.  They had a chance to win or tie late in the game.  I get frustrated as hell, but humiliation what we had with Kotite.  There are a wide range of emotions I can choose to feel after a loss, but this season it's been frustration more than humiliation.  To be so close despite always being the underdog and such little talent is frustrating. 

My mistake...all but one.  They had a chance to win or tie late in the game.  I get frustrated as hell, but humiliation what we had with Kotite.  There are a wide range of emotions I can choose to feel after a loss, but this season it's been frustration more than humiliation.  To be so close despite always being the underdog and such little talent is frustrating. 

I know they kept it close, but ask yourself, in all seriousness, did you think we were winning? If you say "yes" you are lying to yourself and to me, and that hurts my feelings.

Archived